Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Coldrice posted:

So just theorizing in my head, if trump/pence were impeached and we ended up with Pres. Pelosi, what are the odds the dems can rally behind her enough to totally gently caress Bernie? Pretty high right?

Nah, her halo is already starting to wane and if she had a mic in front of her all day every day absolutely everyone would realize how few shits she gives about people. She would never win a tough election at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mclast posted:

according to Shattered, he personally nixed her as VP pick because he thought she was mean to him on financial policy

whats with their hubris, jesus

a bunch of thin skinned babies who get mad at reality not bending to their whims

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Coldrice posted:

So just theorizing in my head, if trump/pence were impeached and we ended up with Pres. Pelosi, what are the odds the dems can rally behind her enough to totally gently caress Bernie? Pretty high right?

i'm sure the 20 or so non-bernie candidates who have no substantial policy differences and are only running for office to satiate their craven lust for power will just drop out and endorse pelosi for office in 2020

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol is this thread still full of people who listen exclusively to podcasts and don't pay attention to what's actually going on?

Shut up liberal

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

I guess I just see !polls! Still giving Biden favorable numbers despite him being the absolute worst shows that recognition is a huge thing. If she was the “president after trump” and if she VP’d Warren or Buttigieg she’d probably have a pretty good chance no?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pelosi is the centrists' dream president, she's bluedog as gently caress and she wouldn't have any campaign promises to keep because she'd be unelected

and if she gained the office through impeachment she could just run a reelection campaign on continuing to punish the GOP for Ukrainegate without having to make any more campaign promises

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
president pelosi would bomb venezuela

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Coldrice posted:

I guess I just see !polls! Still giving Biden favorable numbers despite him being the absolute worst shows that recognition is a huge thing. If she was the “president after trump” and if she VP’d Warren or Buttigieg she’d probably have a pretty good chance no?

i don't think pelosi has any interest in being prez

and i think many people would only see her as an interim president since the election is coming up very soon

edit: also, most importantly, she's never going to be president in the first place

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't twitter, so I'm not sure about the formatting here. Is the guy responding to AOC or to the other guy?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Bernie would do wonderfully under a Pelosi presidency

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judakel posted:

I don't have to give a gently caress about the cripple being used as a prop if he can't overcome his class interests.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Should've been more decorous when calling out the class traitor. :chaostrump:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Addamere posted:

I don't twitter, so I'm not sure about the formatting here. Is the guy responding to AOC or to the other guy?

getfiscal is responding to AOC who is quoting someone else

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

RaySmuckles posted:

i don't think pelosi has any interest in being prez

and i think many people would only see her as an interim president since the election is coming up very soon

Maybe. My own personal theory Is neither did Biden but they dug his corpse up to make sure Bernie didn’t get too far and LOL at that so far. Don’t see why she couldn’t be pressured the same way. Hard not
To be pessimistic

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

[extremely mayor Pete voice]

so there I was in the desert and there was this turtle. I reached down and turned it over into its back and watched as its belly got hot in the sun and it’s legs kicked while trying to flip back but I wasn’t helping. why, I asked?

Please do not insult robots by implying Mayo Pete is one, thanks u

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
After the removal of either the president or the vice president, whichever one is left gets to nominate a new vice president, who'd then be voted on by both chambers. Of course, in the bizarro world where two thirds of the senate would vote to remove both Trump and Pence, there'd be a legitimacy crisis over the nominated successor, though you could see a :decorum: scenario where Trump is removed and the Senate tells Pence to nominate Grassley (currently fourth in line) in a deal with Pelosi.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coldrice posted:

Maybe. My own personal theory Is neither did Biden but they dug his corpse up to make sure Bernie didn’t get too far and LOL at that so far. Don’t see why she couldn’t be pressured the same way. Hard not
To be pessimistic

ok

but its never getting that far

the republicans will never publicly turn on their own like that because it will tarnish the image of their party, affecting all of them

the only way to force them out of power is via the electorate which is why the republicans are so keen on gerrymandering

edit: biden has run for president like 3 times. dude's all about that poo poo

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Ady's life will not amount to nothing, because Bernie's gonna win, and we're gonna pass M4A for real. We're going to win it for him, if not with him.

So in what way will his life have been relevant to that victory? And if it will not be, then how exactly has it not amounted to nothing in this context? In my view, he's actively opposing that victory.

Oh Snapple! posted:

We're going to win in spite of him.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Joementum posted:

After the removal of either the president or the vice president, whichever one is left gets to nominate a new vice president, who'd then be voted on by both chambers. Of course, in the bizarro world where two thirds of the senate would vote to remove both Trump and Pence, there'd be a legitimacy crisis over the nominated successor, though you could see a :decorum: scenario where Trump is removed and the Senate tells Pence to nominate Grassley (currently fourth in line) in a deal with Pelosi.

yeah if pelosi ever ended up first in the line of succession somehow she would definitely give it away for basically no concessions

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's wild that everyone just lets Warren get away with her comments about leaving the Republicans being that she disagreed with their financial policies. Not the AIDs crisis, not their move the Christian Right, and not their wild racism. It's just "economics"

that reasoning is music to democrats' ears. it proves that democrats are the Smart Person party that is the natural home for professional-managerial class white people whose only priorities for any politician are their home value, stock market portfolio, and lowering taxes.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Addamere posted:

Please do not insult robots by implying Mayo Pete is one, thanks u

the point in the novel is that in the dystopian present its impossible to tell the difference

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Coldrice posted:

by the time the senate somehow kicks out both trump and pence [not going to happen but hypotheically], it will be jan 2020 at the earliest. pelosi will be unable to register for the primaries in many states as it will be past the filing deadline, and at a massive disadvantage in the rest of the states. she could theoretically be appointed by superdelegates for a second term if nobody finishes the primary with a clear majority, but other people (bloomberg, deval, hillary clinton) are going to fight tooth and nail for superdelegates in that case.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/nickbixby/status/1197151236107231233

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

After going through lengthy committee meetings there emerges only one man both sides can agree on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZIhpba83hY

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

the point in the novel is that in the dystopian present its impossible to tell the difference

It is very simple to tell the difference between a robot and Mayo Pete: a robot would be a better person.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1196916350368788480

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my god

make this the background please

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i will never vote for mayor pete

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/isamuel/status/1196957835701014528

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Coldrice posted:

they are not getting removed from office

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

joke’s on you

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1196919888264286211?s=21

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Al! posted:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they will absolutely do this in the parallel universe where mayo pete loses to trump

fortunately in this timeline they will be playing fight song in a minor key after bernie wins :)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

75 days left to iowa

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

this is absolutely the most homophobic thing i have ever seen.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

it's going to come out sooner or later that Candace has not only called the cops on kids, but that she's proud to do so

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I bet Ady Barkan's endorsement was lined up a while ago. Wonder how he really responded to Warren's 'updated' plan.

I imagine he just naively trusts Warren like most other Warren supporters and honestly believes that her plan is somehow the best way to pass MfA. These people basically trust Warren in the same way a child trusts their mother or something. Her moral virtue and competence is patently obvious to them. This is why they think Sanders supporters are being misogynist; they can't conceive of why Warren's virtue and brilliance wouldn't be as obvious to other people as it is to them.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I am paid to have opinions*
*Here are some opinions**
**I am not standing behind these opinions***
***Unless they end up being correct, then they were actually my opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy