Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Please announce your Senate run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

"You got what you wanted, Mike. Now leave me alone." - Mrs. Pence on preakness night.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Sondland can't remember where he was or who he talked to, but he's SURE no one said "Biden".

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

oxsnard posted:

to be clear, Castor is trying to get Sondland to admit that the Bidens were specifically brought up early in the process

I can't figure out to what end that would help the GOP though?

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

WHAT ABOUT THE WHISTLEBLOWER THO GUYS

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Oh my god fucken Nunes, I can't believe I didn't expect him to blast the whistleblower in his first sentence

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Bitching about the whistleblower! Drink!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sim posted:

Sondland can't remember where he was or who he talked to, but he's SURE no one said "Biden".

he keeps saying that it's not about "The Bidens"

and it makes me think that we will eventually find out that OH he realized it was about HUNTER biden but obviously he never knew it was about BOTH bidens

or something similarly unbelievable

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

Beekeeping and You posted:

WHAT ABOUT THE WHISTLEBLOWER THO GUYS

99 DAYS SINCE SCHIFF ATE A CHALUPA

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

"I'm gettin dafuq out. PEACE!"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Sonland's face during Nunes "Question". lol

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Castor actually showing some vigor. Not that it's helping.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
They might as well have let Gym rant at Sondland for 30 minutes to run out the clock.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Castor still hasn't clued into the fact Sondland's only concern is not eating a perjury charge and NOT protecting the admin.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Castor actually showing some vigor. Not that it's helping.

he just confirmed there's another witness we should hear from that won't show, the second time he's done it

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

hahaha bringing up a different email so he can be like "what loop?? there was no loop. checkmate, libs."

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

now just jumping between a bunch of different calls and emails and dates to try to be purposefully confusing

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
But... uh.... but HIS emails?!???

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1197214077359206402

great job castor!

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

eke out posted:

now just jumping between a bunch of different calls and emails and dates to try to be purposefully confusing

i think he's confusing himself

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Uncleanly Cleric posted:

I can't figure out to what end that would help the GOP though?

Trying to argue that since people didn't make the connection between Burisma and Hunter Biden, Trump wasn't trying to gain political dirt.

Kinda like a person organizing the theft of some super valuable jewel arguing that there can't be a conspiracy to steal the jewel because they never told their co-conspirators what was actually in the safe they were trying to steal.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

eke out posted:

I'm not so sure the confusion is intentional.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
The GOP lawyer is so bad.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

Kinda like a person organizing the theft of some super valuable jewel arguing that there can't be a conspiracy to steal the jewel because they never told their co-conspirators what was actually in the safe they were trying to steal.

Ah, the Pulp Fiction defense. Hoookay

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/1197214358650134534

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

That sigh before the pivot from Castor...lmao

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also lol

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1197214523293343744

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
A great look for your cross examiner is hand over his face, looking like he just can't figure out how to spin this in a good way.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Castor is floundering more than an actual literal flounder.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Back to arguing that the President merely illegally withheld Congressionally appropriated funds.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

We're like an hour and a half out from Pompeo resigning to run for Senate so really just impeccable work all around

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Better bump that press conference up, Pomp

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

looks like they wanted to investigate bonespurisma

sim
Sep 24, 2003

The idea that Trump or anyone outside of Ukraine would give two-shits about Burisma WITHOUT Hunter Biden, is laughable. Like sure, you can pretend ignorance because no one explicitly said "The Bidens", but I haven't heard anyone give a reason why Burisma was specifically mentioned over and over.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump is going to fire him as soon as the hearing is over

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

no break, unending questions :getin:

though also lmao at worrying about sondland's busy millionaire schedule

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/1197215313298886656

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Well, this has been pretty much exactly what we were hoping it would be, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah, Castor is trying his hardest to bring reasonable doubt into Sondland’s opening statement because it was so profoundly fanning. Unfortunately, while it is working a bit (for Fox News to play very sniped sound bites) it won’t work enough. Trying to compartmentalize little portions of his opening statement totally ignores the actual overall facts of the matter.

Also, the American public will definitely respond more to the easy-to-grasp and understand opening statements and other sound bites about “everyone knew, there was quid pro quo.” It just falls on deaf ears when they try to piecemeal and get super specific about nitty gritty statements as defense. This day is going to swing the impeachment polls above 60% I guarantee it.