Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This is glorious. I only wish my father was around to see it. He died just a couple of weeks before the infamous phone call. He'd be loving this poo poo. He HATED Trump.

My father also passed away this year, end of March. Same deal, he hated trump so much and didn't get to see him squirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sim posted:

The idea that Trump or anyone outside of Ukraine would give two-shits about Burisma WITHOUT Hunter Biden, is laughable. Like sure, you can pretend ignorance because no one explicitly said "The Bidens", but I haven't heard anyone give a reason why Burisma was specifically mentioned over and over.

the obama administration did give two shits about burisma, mostly because it wasn't getting investigated because the prosecutor took a bribe

the idea that anyone in the trump administration, led by a man who opposes the existence of the foreign corrupt practices act, cares about corruption though is a lol

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Beekeeping and You posted:

no break, unending questions :getin:

though also lmao at worrying about sondland's busy millionaire schedule

More like "Mr. Sondland would like to flee the country as soon as possible after this, so can we get it over with?" There's a lot of people going to come after him after the they pull out the knives he backstabbed them with.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

sinburger posted:

More like "Mr. Sondland would like to flee the country as soon as possible after this, so can we get it over with?" There's a lot of people going to come after him after the they pull out the knives he backstabbed them with.

y'know, that's a fair point, this man is going to get murdered by angry chuds if he's not careful

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

by the way, as southpaw correctly points out here, the claim he knew nothing about Biden doesn't make ANY loving sense

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1197209714679005184

it's such a loving clear lie, he was responding to Taylor saying " I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign"

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Trump in front of reporters about his “I want nothing” statement. I’m seeing it now. It’s horrible for him. Not only is he doing the thing he’s done a million times about “I hardly knew the guy” that everyone in America knows means he’s lying, but he’s just so loving heated you can’t help but assume he’s shook. This will go down in history as his “I am not a crook” moment. It was the worst move.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

queeb posted:

lol a close up of his page. dudes brain has melted

https://twitter.com/srmduke87/status/1197193919374577664

I saw a higer res photo and I thought this was a photoshop. THIS IS REAL!?
I JUST SAW THE CLIP HE REALLY DID THIS WHAT THE gently caress

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

you'd almost feel bad for the Rs if it wasn't 100% self inflicted

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Blind Rasputin posted:

Trump in front of reporters about his “I want nothing” statement. I’m seeing it now. It’s horrible for him. Not only is he doing the thing he’s done a million times about “I hardly knew the guy” that everyone in America knows means he’s lying, but he’s just so loving heated you can’t help but assume he’s shook. This will go down in history as his “I am not a crook” moment. It was the worst move.

I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS REAL
(also what up majority reporter)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

eke out posted:

by the way, as southpaw correctly points out here, the claim he knew nothing about Biden doesn't make ANY loving sense

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1197209714679005184

it's such a loving clear lie, he was responding to Taylor saying " I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign"

Yeah. Sondland’s entire story is that he was told this, got confused at the time, talked to trump who denied it, but as of today he’s put two and two together and realizes a) trump was lying, b) there was totally quid pro quo in the background.

Castor was doing some serious groundwork to make sure guliani can be a fall guy. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the outcome of all this is guliani takes alll the blame and falls on a sword to protect trump, allowing trump to avoid impeachment. It’s really the GOP’s only way out.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

Fox News anchor Bret Baier noted that Ambassador Gordon Sondland’s public testimony on Wednesday dealt a major blow to Republicans’ defense of President Donald Trump in the impeachment investigation.

“This, listen, on its face is very damaging to some of the arguments the GOP has been making,” Baier said during a brief break in the hearing. “I think it’s going to be fascinating to see in cross examination how they go.”

sure was fascinating, all right

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah. Sondland’s entire story is that he was told this, got confused at the time, talked to trump who denied it, but as of today he’s put two and two together and realizes a) trump was lying, b) there was totally quid pro quo in the background.

Castor was doing some serious groundwork to make sure guliani can be a fall guy. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the outcome of all this is guliani takes alll the blame and falls on a sword to protect trump, allowing trump to avoid impeachment. It’s really the GOP’s only way out.

rudy does, uh, not strike me as the type to fall on his sword instead of lashing out in a rage throwing everyone else under the bus

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah, Castor is trying his hardest to bring reasonable doubt into Sondland’s opening statement because it was so profoundly fanning. Unfortunately, while it is working a bit (for Fox News to play very sniped sound bites) it won’t work enough. Trying to compartmentalize little portions of his opening statement totally ignores the actual overall facts of the matter.

Also, the American public will definitely respond more to the easy-to-grasp and understand opening statements and other sound bites about “everyone knew, there was quid pro quo.” It just falls on deaf ears when they try to piecemeal and get super specific about nitty gritty statements as defense. This day is going to swing the impeachment polls above 60% I guarantee it.

As a counterpoint to this well thought out post, I'd just like to say: "CHALUPA"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So it sounds like the main R defense is 'you left Trump saying 'I want nothing, I want him to do the right thing' out of your opening statement'.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Alexandria Ocasio-Chalupa

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel posted:

sure was fascinating, all right

john dean on CNN right now throwing shade about how the cross was very 'soft' compared to what he went through lol

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

GOP Two weeks ago: Why aren't these hearings public?? What are Democrats hiding??

GOP Today: Oh no. No no no. Nonononofuckfuckfuckfuck

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Hobo Clown posted:

GOP Two weeks ago: Why aren't these hearings public?? What are Democrats hiding??

GOP Today: What a farce, making these hearings public.

FTFY

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

who brought the elmo's world toy

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

evilweasel posted:

rudy does, uh, not strike me as the type to fall on his sword instead of lashing out in a rage throwing everyone else under the bus

Yeah, Giuliani is going to grab the keys right after Sondland gets off and back up over the bodies.

All that's gonna be left after everyone has finished up is gonna be some smears on the wheels. Trump hasn't surrounded himself with people who fall on swords.

I am still kind of expecting the Senate to just go "Yes, this is indeed a hellworld" and acquit Trump anyway, but today definitely moved the needle a bit

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Taco Bell Baja chalupa with extra tangy neck beard sauce is where it’s at. Eat it in your car in the parking lot like an animal.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Blind Rasputin posted:

Until they get the emails from State and turns out that Sondland sent one or was CCed on one that mentioned Biden. There's no way someone didn't write it down.

evilweasel posted:

Even if he wasn't trying to throw them under the bus he'd probably admit to it by accident, and throw in something about grifting natural gas contracts.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Beekeeping and You posted:

you'd almost feel bad for the Rs if it wasn't 100% self inflicted

Nnnnope. There’s no universe in which the party of gleefully caging immigrant children deserves pity.

The ONLY response to this is hysterical cackling.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

goethe.cx posted:

please look away if this will...upset you

👏🏾 holy poo poo

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Blind Rasputin posted:

Taco Bell Baja chalupa with extra tangy neck beard sauce is where it’s at. Eat it in your car in the parking lot like an animal.

"shamefully eating taco bell in my car in a parking ramp so that nobody knows how much i love it" is something that's happened to many, many people

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, and furthermore I don't see how you convince the hero of this whole debacle to fall on his sword......

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

Nnnnope. There’s no universe in which the party of gleefully caging immigrant children deserves pity.

The ONLY response to this is hysterical cackling.

upon further deliberation... yeah lol u right no reason to feel guilt over these people facing consequences for their actions

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Who's the next dummy on the floor?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
This is almost orgasmic.

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

GOP Today: Oh no. No no no. Nonononofuckfuckfuckfuck

Nunes keeps bringing up that there’s some other testimony that D’s are “hiding” or at least not calling to testify. I realize that Nunes lives in a fantasy world where time is magical, but does ANY of that have basis in reality or is he just making poo poo up whole cloth for Fox talking points

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

queeb posted:

lol a close up of his page. dudes brain has melted

https://twitter.com/srmduke87/status/1197193919374577664

https://twitter.com/GettyImagesNews/status/1197202729334128642

Here's the high quality notes. The collision of Trump's refusal to wear reading glasses and the bonkers improvement on digital cameras gives us such great things.

code:
I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NO
QUID PRO QUO
TELL ZELLINSKY
TO DO THE
RIGHT THING
THIS IS THE
FINAL WORD
FROM THE PRES
OF THE U.S.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

goethe.cx posted:

please look away if this will...upset you

hey man nice shot

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Guys I went to bed 5 minutes before the statement came out this morning and just got caught up

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah holy gently caress there aren't words ahahahahahahahahahahaha eat poo poo rudy ahahahaha this owns

also prosecute ice

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Andronian posted:

Nunes keeps bringing up that there’s some other testimony that D’s are “hiding” or at least not calling to testify. I realize that Nunes lives in a fantasy world where time is magical, but does ANY of that have basis in reality or is he just making poo poo up whole cloth for Fox talking points

the hilarious thing is basically nunes was saying "wouldn't it be easier for you to testify if we told you exactly what we already know, so you could get your story straight"

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Andronian posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Greatest Living Man posted:

Who's the next dummy on the floor?

Lunch, then Sonderland is back for five minute rounds, then later it’s Laura Cooper and David Hale. Apparently they are more related to the military aid portion of the inquiry.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
just wait till you see the second page
https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/1197219352149258240

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

Rudy strikes me as the guy who would try to fall on his sword then end up doing some three stooges style legal wrangling to implicate trump in child trafficking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
I'm glad I'm in Europe so I can just get drunk while watching this.