Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nessa posted:

At the beginning of the game I was like, “Why did my mom give me so much money?!” Then I got to the boutique and I realized, “Ahhhh.... because of fashion!”
I maintain it's a stealth difficulty option. Hard Mode is when you buy the $30,000 Arcanine shirt (which I still have not changed out of for anything but the mandatory uniform sections) and Easy Mode is when you spend it on real items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It was mentioned earlier for Flapple/Appletun evos that you can "grab the apple from the Wild Area" again if you want more evos, but I wanted to ask:
1) Is that really true or was that person getting it confused with the curry ingredient
2) If it's a drop, is the flavor always going to be version-specific (I assume it is)

I'm in Sword and like Appletun a lot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I maintain it's a stealth difficulty option. Hard Mode is when you buy the $30,000 Arcanine shirt (which I still have not changed out of for anything but the mandatory uniform sections) and Easy Mode is when you spend it on real items.

Wait you're supposed to buy things that aren't clothes?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Sordward and Shielbert? :what:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Macaluso posted:

This is silly

edit: I swear to god if this mother fucker doesn't start using something other than his sheep I'm gonna murder him

lmao every time hop comes out I forget he has a loving wooloo and then there that dumb loving sheep is

It's actually amazing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is there a way to gently caress with weather or do I just have to mess with my system clock

A handful of the last mons I need are "pray it's raining or foggy or overcast here" and it's such a massive bummer. I really was hoping to use Corsola in my playthrough as its a favorite but gently caress if it's going to be one of the last things I catch now :/

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is there a way to gently caress with weather or do I just have to mess with my system clock

A handful of the last mons I need are "pray it's raining or foggy or overcast here" and it's such a massive bummer. I really was hoping to use Corsola in my playthrough as its a favorite but gently caress if it's going to be one of the last things I catch now :/

The following dates will mass override the weather in the Wild Area to all be the same weather patterns:

quote:

You can do these at any point in the story (dates are in US format):

Clear: 5/1/2020
Sunny: 7/1/2020
Cloudy: 3/1/2020
Rain: 10/1/2020
Thunderstorm: 11/1/2020
Snow: 12/1/2020
For Sandstorm and Snowstorm you will need to be at least midway through the game. To unlock Fog, you will need to complete the story!

Snowstorm: 2/1/2020
Sandstorm: 4/1/2020
Fog: 6/1/2020

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Hop had a good thing going when he was cycling around different pokemon like trevenant and the kingfisher, then he went back to using his lovely early game mons team with, strangely, the electric sea urchin

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ROFL Octopus posted:

Frickin lmao if you don’t painstakingly coordinate every pokemon with the right pokeball
I would but the watt traders are really annoying about selling actually good pokeballs
I've only seen luxury balls once, and I've yet to find duskballs!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Zodack posted:

The following dates will mass override the weather in the Wild Area to all be the same weather patterns:

Quoting this for posterity, thanks.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

i'm already starting to develop a living pokedex in Sw/Sh since i won't be able to transfer all of my current living dex (which, granted is down about 10 guys, mostly event mons)

i think i have an illness. on the bright side, PokeJobs are going to make it significantly easier. I've pretty much non-stop been sending out as many pokemon as I can for either whole/half day jobs, and some of the EXP numbers you get are absurd. I think the highest I've seen so far is around 35k for one 24 hour job, which was enough to launch my level 5 gift Eevee/Meowth over level 30 without a single battle. I'm sure if I really wanted to I could actually train them, but this way they don't get any EVs, I don't have to spend any active time doing anything, and now that I'm done with the story, those jobs can be up to 30 at a time, which is definitely way more than I could do on my own.

Has anyone else had trouble determining the requirements for some of the more esoteric jobs? if they have a type it's pretty obvious, but when it asks for "cute" or "fierce" or "intimidating" or "solid and well grounded" i just kinda toss some up and hope for the best. Not to mention the weird one I just got that was just "kEeP tHiS tOp SeCrEt aNd YoU WiLl bE ReWaRdEd HaNdSoMeLy" in that really annoying typing pattern

will Pokemon in the box evolve if they hit the evolution level from a job? I hit one of those 35k jackpots too but I'm pretty sure it was with a ton of randos and I wasn't sure if one of them was near leveling up, and I've been gunshy with jobs ever since until I'm able to confirm

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007

Zodack posted:

It was mentioned earlier for Flapple/Appletun evos that you can "grab the apple from the Wild Area" again if you want more evos, but I wanted to ask:
1) Is that really true or was that person getting it confused with the curry ingredient
2) If it's a drop, is the flavor always going to be version-specific (I assume it is)

I'm in Sword and like Appletun a lot

It's true, I picked one up in the Wild Area. Specifically a tree on Axew Island

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macaluso posted:

Hail Satan

Where are their nicknames?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/louiseyhannah/status/1196551220162433024
:kimchi:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ometeotl posted:

Where are their nicknames?

Speaking of, it makes me glad you can opt into seeing others' nicknames for their Pokemon. It adds a little extra something to the game for me. :)

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

will Pokemon in the box evolve if they hit the evolution level from a job? I hit one of those 35k jackpots too but I'm pretty sure it was with a ton of randos and I wasn't sure if one of them was near leveling up, and I've been gunshy with jobs ever since until I'm able to confirm

They will not. Source: My now high level Caterpie

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

lmao, the salandit during the fire gym challenge is so rude

I was not expecting my own ai buddy to be sabotaging me

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dad Jokes posted:

It's a competition, of course they're sabotaging you. They were never on your side.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

AngryRobotsInc posted:

They will not. Source: My now high level Caterpie

Lol rip

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You didn't get the Shuckle shirt?

Why?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Clarste posted:

It's a competition, of course they're sabotaging you. They were never on your side.

I did that gym while i still had Brutal Swing on my Sirfetch'd and had zero qualms KOing their pokemon before making my catch. :black101:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Dad Jokes posted:

lmao if you don't completely destroy that challenge by tossing quick balls on turn 1 every time

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nessa posted:

My game already stars Nessa. :p

I made my trainer number 666 when my husband pointed out I could do that. Number of the beast, baby!

I also got a shiny female Wobuffet fairly early on. I nearly didn’t catch her. Named her Lady Wa.

Trainer cards are great, but I wish we could put Pokémon in them too, like the photobooth from USUM. I had so much fun taking photos every time I won a trial or a friend evolved.

At the beginning of the game I was like, “Why did my mom give me so much money?!” Then I got to the boutique and I realized, “Ahhhh.... because of fashion!”

I also chose 666, because I didn't want to be generic with 69 or 420, but also hail satan

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

What do you think, thread? Charm or Charge on my Boltund?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
https://twitter.com/Craig_A_McLeod/status/1197226238991048705

I might be a little bit too entrenched in the Fashion :darksouls:, I took Nessa to the cleaners wh my lv 20 Covorsire and my lv 25 whatever-sobble-evolves-into.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 20, 2019

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

King of Solomon posted:

I also chose 666, because I didn't want to be generic with 69 or 420, but also hail satan

I chose 255 because it was the only 3 digit number I could think of other than 420.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Clarste posted:

I chose 255 because it was the only 3 digit number I could think of other than 420.

3d10 sovled that probelm, but for my Shield run I'm going with an old Nintendo refrence; 231

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

is there any advantage to a pokemon being foreign? I heard some people talking earlier about getting a foreign Ditto and I've been getting a bunch of French pokemon in surprise lately

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Blaziken386 posted:

I would but the watt traders are really annoying about selling actually good pokeballs
I've only seen luxury balls once, and I've yet to find duskballs!

I dumped all of my watts to buy as many luxury balls as I could. I feel now in hindsight that it was the correct choice.

Also, fashion souls is Always the true end game.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

is there any advantage to a pokemon being foreign? I heard some people talking earlier about getting a foreign Ditto and I've been getting a bunch of French pokemon in surprise lately

Breeding pokemon caught in different countries used to increase shiny chance. I dont know if it still does. Was called the masuda method

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Breeding pokemon caught in different countries used to increase shiny chance. I dont know if it still does. Was called the masuda method

oh, well I'll hang on to this French Dreepy then just in case

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Speaking of shiny chance, I saw on Serebii today that there are now two unique shiny entrance "sparkles", one being stars and one being squares. One is 1/16, the other are 15/16 chance of the shiny having. So... yeah. Interesting stuff

Epic High Five posted:

drêpe

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zodack posted:

Speaking of shiny chance, I saw on Serebii today that there are now two unique shiny entrance "sparkles", one being stars and one being squares. One is 1/16, the other are 15/16 chance of the shiny having. So... yeah. Interesting stuff

drêpe

I was wondering why the shiny pumpkaboo I caught had a squares animation instead of the animation I was used to

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zodack posted:

drêpe

psh, I wish, it's actually Fantyrm

when I was trying to evolve for my flame body pokemon I ended up with a Monthracite which is the French name for coalossal and was confused lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zodack posted:

There’s shinies of shinies now??? When does it end?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Slight correction, its different languages and not country. So USA n UK partners won't increase the chance but English n French partners will.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I chose the number 0 because I have very low self esteem

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zodack posted:

Admittedly, I have not literally done it twice myself, but serebii says that the one under the tree on Axew's Eye respawns. I've only gotten one from that spot but I haven't been actively looking.

edit:

Vinylshadow posted:

You didn't get the Shuckle shirt?

Why?
Because I wanted to be a wolfshirt to go with my pink gloves, boots, leggings, tie-dye pants, and rainbow sunglasses. It's my a e s t h e t i c :colbert:

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 20, 2019

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There’s shinies of shinies now??? When does it end?

MacheteZombie posted:

I was wondering why the shiny pumpkaboo I caught had a squares animation instead of the animation I was used to

Ironically, the squares are supposed to be 1/16 but Serebii lists a "programming quirk" as reversing the odds, causing our normal shiny sparkles to be the 1/16 rarity instead.

It's an interesting addition, but more than two patterns would have been more fun instead of "the common one" and "the rare one", just give us a bunch of equal-odds patterns just for fun. I dunno, maybe something is going on with shines. Your League card tracks how many you've caught which is... interesting?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Admittedly, I have not literally done it twice myself, but serebii says that the one under the tree on Axew's Eye respawns. I've only gotten one from that spot but I haven't been actively looking.

Well, cool. I'm guessing it's still your version-specific apple but that means I'll be able to get them from friends. I ask about the curry thing because before I knew the evolution method (I was trying to stay unspoiled) I had an Applin at around level 50 or 60 and had tried feeding it variations of apple curry, letting it level up in bright sun, etc. Ha.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thom P. Tiers posted:

lmao every time hop comes out I forget he has a loving wooloo and then there that dumb loving sheep is

It's actually amazing.

MODS?