Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

If you think I won't make post about dumb poo poo you are out of your goddamn mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
:synpa:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

honestly i was just bored by it, like, drat you're transgressive, doing drugs and loving. wow. norms are destroyed

the author kept presenting it as if it was so obviously and unbelievably transgressive that they had no need to editorialize, and i kept waiting for them to actually make an accusation, draw a conclusion, or at least happen on a genuine awful scene that hit home how this apparently fun event was home to abusers or exploitative labor practices, or maybe just overt classism rather than implicit

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

yeah i dont understand why that was noteworthy

send that writer to a juggalo party

haha, yeah, my friend's 40th had creamed corn wrestling, nudity, fire spinning, public group sex stuff, and even (cops don't read this) drugs. degeneracy doesn't have to cost much.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
a party featuring erotic cake sitting is a bourgeois decadence

creamed corn wrestling is obviously much more in line with the needs and desires of the common worker

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the reminds me of when all the loser goons started claiming only wallstreet CEOs can afford cocaine like $80 is some impossible to come by amount

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i don't resent anyone's reactions to these parties, but i think it is another aspect of the wedge that keeps getting put, by our enemies and ourselves, between "trades and grades." can't trust those union guys, they're racsexist boors. can't trust those activists, they're arrogant trust fund pot-heads. etc

THS
Sep 15, 2017

horny is prohibited online, but offline i encourage it

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

THS posted:

horny is prohibited online, but offline i encourage it

no

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

if i was a bizzarely succesful and not very good looking podcaster and i was invited to a weird brooklyn sex party i would go

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a party featuring erotic cake sitting is a bourgeois decadence

creamed corn wrestling is obviously much more in line with the needs and desires of the common worker

ehhh i'll be more specific, at this birthday party some folks did a scene together on the dance floor that involved piss popsicles

if this circle of friends happened to have been slightly more rewarded for their labor than they are, they might spend more on parties, including having cakes made

Ace of Baes posted:

the reminds me of when all the loser goons started claiming only wallstreet CEOs can afford cocaine like $80 is some impossible to come by amount

i took the point that there is no slave-labor-free cocaine somewhat to heart

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Doc Hawkins posted:

i don't resent anyone's reactions to these parties, but i think it is another aspect of the wedge that keeps getting put, by our enemies and ourselves, between "trades and grades." can't trust those union guys, they're racsexist boors. can't trust those activists, they're arrogant trust fund pot-heads. etc
Do people think blue collar workers can't be sex weirds? Or activists, for that matter? Why?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
their supposed bourgeois party is identical in look and content to most queer parties, you blobs.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it was pretty much just the article's snooty attitude that had me mad and not the existence of a Brooklyn sex party. do what you want but don't pretend that its revolutionary I guess.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Do people think blue collar workers can't be sex weirds? Or activists, for that matter? Why?

we all have different ideas of what counts as excess in celebration, but i think we're all taught to associate it with nobility, the ruling class, marie antoinnette and donald trump. and anything that sets us off must be something only bad people do.

e: i know people who say they don't fully trust comrades who don't like pets

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bad poetry, doing drugs, loving. am i talking about the gathering of the juggalos or brooklyn bougie parties

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

papa horny michael posted:

their supposed bourgeois party is identical in look and content to most queer parties, you blobs.

that extremely bad picture of virgil at the party is straight out of college facebook and it owns

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Doc Hawkins posted:

we all have different ideas of what counts as excess in celebration, but i think we're all taught to associate it with nobility, the ruling class, marie antoinnette and donald trump. and anything that sets us off must be something only bad people do.

Well, obviously homosexuality is bourgeois decadence, but

THS
Sep 15, 2017

papa horny michael posted:

theyre appropriating my culture

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doc Hawkins posted:

That's reasonable tho, the "pets are a decadent affectation of the bouge" take is poo poo

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
someone please drag amber or post about red scare because this derail is dire.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
eastern european wedding style parties are the only ideologically pure way to unwind

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
posting is bourgeois decadence

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
They're doing some more plot stuff with 40k, we haven't had that derail in a while

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MizPiz posted:

They're doing some more plot stuff with 40k, we haven't had that derail in a while

did they canonically make space marines dickless

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's reasonable tho, the "pets are a decadent affectation of the bouge" take is poo poo

in an ironic twist that take is itself bougioise decadence

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Every Space Marine has a hog. The Sisters of Battle have even bigger hogs.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

geneseed is stored in the balls.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Halloween Jack posted:

Every Space Marine has a hog. The Sisters of Battle have even bigger hogs.

bout drat time

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

geneseed is stored in the balls.

and the throat lol

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
They're bringing Warhammer Fantasy back people

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MizPiz posted:

Isn't it just "there are more psykers now"?

And of course the constant rumors that Lion El'Jonson is coming back, any day now.

it's supposed to be reminiscent of dog tags

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
It was will menakers personal vietnam

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

They're right, we need to liquidate pet owners as a class. Pet Collectivization Now.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

virgil is also a sex weird now :nws:

and will swings

that's just goth *flicks pebbles at u*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
no way, goth chicks are way fatter than that

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Radio war nerd did an ep on the bolivian coup. looking forward to an incredibly depressing 2 hours.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

exmarx posted:

plugging boonta vista yet again – they've got a good, chapoesque pace + level of prep

What are some good eps to start with?

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019

Crane Fist posted:

What are some good eps to start with?

I came to Boonta Vista very recently, and my first episode was the one with Riley from Trashfuture, where they read a very very bad article.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

someone sat on a cake while reciting poetry at the party iirc, so fkn epic

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gripweed posted:

it's supposed to be reminiscent of dog tags

Also keeping your dad's cum in your mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

i say swears online posted:

bad poetry, doing drugs, loving. am i talking about the gathering of the juggalos or brooklyn bougie parties

idk good for them honestly, i don't care if the people advocating for a mass workers movement and democratic control over society do weird poo poo. their weird orgies are at least all consensual and all parties involved are of age which is far more than what can be said about our current ruling class