Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

how are people not getting that he just wrote that so that he could find his post later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
PPJ used a word to make it easier to search, please stop using it outside of the quote, please and thank you <3

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

C-span has Hale and Cooper hearing scheduled in an hour?

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

Absolutely not the Last of the [REDACTED].

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

I MUST HAVE NOTHING!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

theflyingorc posted:

how are people not getting that he just wrote that so that he could find his post later

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

:hellyeah:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
man it's kinda amazing to see republicans waffle between 'Sondland showed there was actually nothing' and 'ok so what who cares no one watches this stuff also some WI poll says don't impeach so we won'

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
Been at work all day and trying to catch up is painful. I wonder if any of this will move the needle.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Maloney on MSNBC seemed extremely hyped

talking about how there'll be a day of reckoning for all these senior officials that are evading them and how bolton, trying to sell a book deal while his deputies are attacked by the right, is obviously no principled dissenter. also said combative tone was because Sondland was acting smug lol

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

eke out posted:

Maloney on MSNBC seemed extremely hyped

talking about how there'll be a day of reckoning for all these senior officials that are evading them and how bolton, trying to sell a book deal while his deputies are attacked by the right, is obviously no principled dissenter. also said combative tone was because Sondland was acting smug lol

To be fair, he did not seem like someone who understood the importance of the situation he put himself and other people in..

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

refleks posted:

To be fair, he did not seem like someone who understood the importance of the situation he put himself and other people in..

nah he knows he's rich and probably avoided prison by being the first to flip on president deals

Shonen Waifu
Jun 29, 2003

I dont need, PPJ. I WANT.
E: please?

Shonen Waifu fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 20, 2019

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

I WANT NOTHING EXCEPT THIS

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I want to call Sondland a useful idiot, but his testimony pretty well cemented the personal theory of him being a typical CEO versed in pretending the crimes aren't actually happening. It wasn't that he couldn't put the pieces together about Biden/Burisma, it's that he actively avoided anything that could make him think that conclusion.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

:emptyquote:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I hope I'm not too late.

Anyway, in light of today's events I'm moving the Impeachment Clock 20 minutes closer to midnight, to 3:50pm.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Retro42 posted:

I want to call Sondland a useful idiot, but his testimony pretty well cemented the personal theory of him being a typical CEO versed in pretending the crimes aren't actually happening. It wasn't that he couldn't put the pieces together about Biden/Burisma, it's that he actively avoided anything that could make him think that conclusion.

he lied to be able to claim he wasn't part of the conspiracy. he threw trump under the bus so that people would not challenge him too much on his lies to protect himself.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

I'll take this but what's the quid pro quo???

Mautr
Sep 8, 2008

Need this!

Mr. Moose Knuckle
Dec 2, 2004
Whats worse than cameltoe you ask....

Bring the abyss

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

The truth is out there. Trust the lie. I want nothing.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

evilweasel posted:

he lied to be able to claim he wasn't part of the conspiracy. he threw trump under the bus so that people would not challenge him too much on his lies to protect himself.

Equally likely. The only way these lies fall apart is someone bigger than him rolling.

Udelar
Feb 17, 2007

as the free-fall advances
I'm the moron who dances

Grimey Drawer

Give me some of that sweet, sweet nihilism.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

evilweasel posted:

correct but it appears he picked his lies wisely, e.g. the ones that are harder to prove AND gave the dems what they wanted "there was quid pro quo." He probably also effectively shut down protests involving his hotels.

it's a win for Sondland

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

pretty sure every registered user is coming through here for a gang tag. gonna be the biggest gang

Weltnarok
Dec 27, 2009

This is the best day of this whole process.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

so it begins

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel is right, sondland's core lies are basically:

1) never made the connection between biden and burisma - this is to take the "corrupt" element off the table that's generally a part of these charges. this conspiracy could be conspiracy to defraud the united states by violating election laws (like many have been charged with by Mueller) and that'd stop that.

2) never directly discussed conditioning release of aid for the announcement of the investigation - because they're worried that this is where bribery charges will come in, they want to not have been a part of the Official Act

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

I do not recall exactly, but I would not disagree with that characterization.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oxsnard posted:

correct but it appears he picked his lies wisely, e.g. the ones that are harder to prove AND gave the dems what they wanted "there was quid pro quo." He probably also effectively shut down protests involving his hotels.

it's a win for Sondland

yeah

it's a little bit of an insult to everyone's intelligence but everyone's basically agreeing to play along and it's hard for republicans to weaponize that against him

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I want nothing this gang tag.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Hope I'm not too late for this!

mrchoupon
Jun 3, 2001

This is amazing, unlike the Republican response. Not that it’s particularly surprising since there is no legitimate defense.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

evilweasel posted:

but everyone's basically agreeing to play along

It was nice to see Maloney slap him in the face with a reminder of that fact, though.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

I'd love to get in on this, thanks!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Uncleanly Cleric posted:

It was nice to see Maloney slap him in the face with a reminder of that fact, though.

yea it is very good to not let any of these freaks Mueller themselves into being treated like heroes for taking a break from their ghoul lives to be upset that Trump's OVERT ghoulishness is making life harder for them

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I had to go back like ten pages but I found it, and want nothing more in return.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I need this in my life. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

literally every active poster on SA gonna have this tag