Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Koalas March posted:

Was it not a White Savior/Last Samurai movie or am I thinking of something else

I have no idea but it and Dances With Wolves are definitely the same movie in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I appreciate the first guy being pithy.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Koalas March posted:

ain't nobody gettin' saved in that movie

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

I was thinking it'd be nice if he could get the Steve King treatment and lose all his committee assignments. But I think that requires Republicans to turn on him and :shrug:

It would, yeah. I think it'd be interesting if the Democrats put Justin Amash on. He'd get to go third, as the ranking Independent on the committee, right? :getin:

I was briefly really excited when David Hale seemed like he was going to ad-lib an opening statement, but he just said "I've worked for three presidents and I didn't come here until I was subpoenaed, do your worst". Laura Cooper sounds like the same caliber of public servant as Marie Yovanovitch, which I suppose means Stefanik will get to shriek at her instead of Ratcliffe :sigh:

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Koalas March posted:

main character is white but for 1992, it's as respectful as you could hope for. Cinematography is great and does a great job of depicting white violence against natives as "savagery" that is often attributed to natives only

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Aren't there like 4 or 5 Last of the Mohicans movies?

Agree that the Daniel Day Lewis one is pretty good though.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

LtStorm posted:

Are you thinking of Dances with Wolves or its spiritual sequel Avatar?

Ah yeah it was this! 😅

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LtStorm posted:

Are you thinking of Dances with Wolves or its spiritual sequel Avatar?

He's clearly thinking of Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

Yes please!! :)

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Crimes crimes crimes!

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Cooper adding to her prepared remarks to say "I didn't talk about my testimony, but once it became public, people talked to me about it", which is a) interesting and b) a good reason for depositions to be done closed-door to begin with.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is this new information?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

The staff recalls a lot of things

edit: Aw, I didn't get the tag

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Pls

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Dear Ms. Cooper: could you please stop saying "YOO-kraine"? That's not how it's loving pronounced and you should know that.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

"Okay, got it, thanks for the heads-up."

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Hell yes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Haha Nunes looks pissed

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

ok, this is pretty funny.

Maybe you should call better witnesses

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
schiff is a stone faced killer

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

bold claims require bold proof

My opinion on the likelihood that someone loved him, is a presumption based off of the inference that he has family.

I cannot offer proof of this however.

/sondland

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dilber posted:

The staff recalls a lot of things

edit: Aw, I didn't get the tag

Give it time

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Its nice that Schiff can always take time to say Nunes is a lying prick.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Not having the opportunity to rebuff Schiff's dunks on him must be pissing off Nunes something fierce.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

I want nothing (but this gang tag)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Koalas March posted:

God i loving hate Nunes

Horbo, the Suicidal Senator
Jan 3, 2001

This is the day.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Koalas March posted:

Give it time

Will do. I saw others propagating, and wasn't sure if it was an all live at once thing or what the backend is.

I appreciate all the works you guys do.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Koalas March posted:

God i loving hate Nunes

So say we all

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

theflyingorc posted:

I have no idea but it and Dances With Wolves are definitely the same movie in my head

This is me too. Pretty much any 2 1/2 hour movie that takes 4 hours to air on TNT/USA is the same movie to me.

Also, I’d be pissed if I was Nunes too. This week is probably a marathon for Nunes. At least Schiff and Goldman have material to study and legitimate questions to ask. Nunes has to perform theater

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Dilber posted:

Will do. I saw others propagating, and wasn't sure if it was an all live at once thing or what the backend is.

It's PPJ doing them by hand.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dilber posted:

That's all LK, PPJ and VG. I'm on DSL atm and amazed I even got the YouTube stream and SA loading at the same time. It's tough going from extremely online city dweller to having baby internet in the countryside surrounded by plantations lmao

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Last of the Mohicans takes the controversial position of everyone is brutal and violent towards each other but that cinematography tho

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I love the argument that Trump is so upset about foreign corruption when all they cared about was the announcement, not the actual corruption investigation lol.

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

Hello darkness my old friend

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Back to Obama's blankets again!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

Last of the Mohicans takes the controversial position of everyone is brutal and violent towards each other but that cinematography tho

Plus it cast a lot of Native American actors, which, even in 1992, was not something one could always count on in a movie about First Nations people.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

through page 50 is queued or processed, now only 12 more pages at 40 posts a page

:cry:

i'm amazed that so many people still have the old avatar code style considering it changed something like 6/7 years ago

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sondland running along some cliffs shooting Republicans and reloading muskets while dramatic music plays