Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pierson posted:

I adore TF2, it's the best.

Finished it off and I think the game was a solid 8/10. My biggest complaint was how incredibly low-energy the entire finale level and ending felt. Rather than be a weird hybrid of Sekiro and Uncharted I think they should picked one and went full-speed in that direction because the combat wasn't as good as Sekiro and the cinematic platforming didn't feel as cinematic or exciting as Uncharted.

yeah. i feel like it needed more uncharted set piece moments. the story is very uncharted in the way its told but the levels are very souls like and those to rub against each other oddly. the final was cool but than it kinda just ends. like the ending is fine but compared to tf2 and its very cod/uncharted level direction would work better here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The game started development in 2014 by a fresh group at a studio known only for FPS so overall it's pretty good first shot at this kinda thing. Just... give us more for the next one!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imo while the combat is only serviceable against animals and monsters, it's very good against humanoids

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Posted a screen shot of my saber and apparently the parts correspond, at least somewhat, to the parts you use to build a saber at Galaxy's Edge. My buddy posted the one she made in vacation because it's the same as my magus/elemental nature combo!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Soonmot posted:

Posted a screen shot of my saber and apparently the parts correspond, at least somewhat, to the parts you use to build a saber at Galaxy's Edge. My buddy posted the one she made in vacation because it's the same as my magus/elemental nature combo!

Yeah a friend told me they're even called the same thing, "Power and Wisdom" or what have you.

BTW the custom sabers at Disneyland cost 200 bucks. LOL

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Prices are stupidly absurd, but making the cool lightsaber builds available IRL is pretty neat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
A friend bought one recently and I have to admit that it's pretty cool should you be a big enough star war to enjoy expensive toys.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I use to live with a guy who was part of a subreddit dedicated to building your own lightsabers. They were all construction workers and engineers who really geeked out over sourcing weird doodads and widgets to make the coolest lightsabers. It was adorable seeing these atypical nerds teaching themselves Arduino coding and making up lore for the different shapes of their bevels, but the lightsabers they made were sweet as gently caress

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
gonna go to galaxies edge in December, this game is a 7/10

thanks for listening

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The Disney official sabers suck, there's like 3 or 4 companies that make them according to a cursory search on Google and also apparently competitive lightsaber dueling IRL is a thing?! :confused:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Eej posted:

The game started development in 2014 by a fresh group at a studio known only for FPS so overall it's pretty good first shot at this kinda thing. Just... give us more for the next one!!

I thought the 2014 game was cancelled and what was released was ~18 months of work?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

I thought the 2014 game was cancelled and what was released was ~18 months of work?

Yeah same. This game feels like it was pushed for time more than reworked over and over for many years.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just discovered that now sometimes when I go to do some backtracking, there may be some nerd waiting for me with a rocket launcher and a jetpack.

Game good.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

FINALLY beat Ninth Sister on Jedi Knight difficulty, I'm not the worst Jedi after all :gbsmith:
Did not have a single counter, and eventually just went all dodge all the time; missing one of those and getting trapped in a triple hit that would take down most of my health was my usual downfall. I was at the point where it would've been way more doable if I'd found a third stim canister, so that's probably my next goal.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

FINALLY beat Ninth Sister on Jedi Knight difficulty, I'm not the worst Jedi after all :gbsmith:
Did not have a single counter, and eventually just went all dodge all the time; missing one of those and getting trapped in a triple hit that would take down most of my health was my usual downfall. I was at the point where it would've been way more doable if I'd found a third stim canister, so that's probably my next goal.

Have... you not found any of the extra stims?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Have... you not found any of the extra stims?

LOL nope, I'm very focused on my path and it's extremely possible that I've walked straight by multiple upgrades. I forgot to even think about them until somebody mentioned it yesterday.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think I had 6 stims when I reached the 9th sister.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Eej posted:

this. i liked it enough to want add ons and a sequel. it was fun and cool and weirdly uplifting.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Captain Hygiene posted:

I found the best strategy for that fight was to just force push them into a corner then mash the attack button as much as possible, occasionally blocking but mostly just mashing. I was playing on the difficulty above normal.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah you can break most of the boss unblockable attacks by hitting them with a quick force push mid attack. you can do this over and over and just bludgeon them in the head

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

dudeness posted:

I found the best strategy for that fight was to just force push them into a corner then mash the attack button as much as possible, occasionally blocking but mostly just mashing. I was playing on the difficulty above normal.

I depended on slowing them a bunch, eventually getting enough better at timing to rush in and swing a few times following their attacks, but slow made it a lot more doable.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There's a stim upgrade that completely trivlialises later boss fights.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

JBP posted:

There's a stim upgrade that completely trivlialises later boss fights.

I saw somebody mention that earlier and purposefully held off on it :downsgun:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just got to picking my force crystal color after leaving Dathomir, and I think this is the hardest part of the game.

E: bold is not spoiler tags...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bruceski posted:

I just got to picking my force crystal color after leaving Dathomir, and I think this is the hardest part of the game.

E: bold is not spoiler tags...

As if you didn't just slam pick pink

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Also you can change it so

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Just Chamber posted:

Grabbed a screenshot of the art book showing some of the looks we could have got for Cal, i mean some are pretty silly looking but it shows the level of customization we could have had:

Honestly that half cape looks miles better than the poncho

This poo poo is why people should not support ea honestly. Gamers are too thirsty for games and consume whatever the companies poo poo out so they know they can continue to push poo poo out half baked like this. I do it too cause games own. How do we end the cycle, bros?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Dogen posted:

Also you can change it so

Wouldn't be the same, I would know.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Also I got BD-1's green/pink Day of the Dianoga skin and more of the skins needed to be like this. Unexpected references and bright contrasts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well poo poo, I was not expecting swarms of zambie witches :stonklol:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Like most others said, with just a bit more polish and customisation options this game could have gone from good to great. The combat cna be at once incredibly rewarding and frustrating because dodging and parrying don't always seems to work consistently

Also the bug eyes from Cere and Cals weird underbite were really offputting

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

*screen goes gray and bright*

Cal: this pot belonged to a worshiper that left it here hastily because they had to take an big dump.

*press Options button*

Galactopedia: 12. A pot that belonged to a Zeffo worshiper. It was left here hastily because they had to take a big dump.

Mandrel posted:

beep boop boowee

Cal: you’re right BD, i wouldn’t take a dump here either

:laffo:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is there ever a respec option?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

precision posted:

Is there ever a respec option?

There's no need to respec, though? By the time you get to the final area you should have every skill.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

There's no need to respec, though? By the time you get to the final area you should have every skill.

Oh okay. I just got tricked into taking a couple skills I didn't really want because I played very slow and got like 7 skill points before getting Push and opening up the skill tree

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

How is the talon marcos fight supposed to work? His unblockable attacks seem to be undodgeable, like teleporting to wherever I land with Z undodgeable.

edit: the bullshit seems to start when hes around 25% health, I just get stunlocked

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 21, 2019

Vrtra
Mar 25, 2017

the monster in your nightmares
I just finished the entire game(without getting every collectible) and my playtime was 26 hours on Jedi Grandmaster. The last boss was tremendously difficult, but I ended up getting it done after about twelve attempts. I did not experience any glitches/bugs during the game, so I dunno! It sure was a blast to play through though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well poo poo, I was not expecting swarms of zambie witches :stonklol:

NOBODY expects the swarms of zombie witches!

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

hobbesmaster posted:

How is the talon marcos fight supposed to work? His unblockable attacks seem to be undodgeable, like teleporting to wherever I land with Z undodgeable.

edit: the bullshit seems to start when hes around 25% health, I just get stunlocked

You can sideroll or backstep, there's definitely tracking though so you really want to do it as late as possible.

He's also very vulnerable to parrying which knocks him out of his combos. The thrust right after an unblockable jump is easy to time, as well as the move where he straight runs at you with both weapons.

Rocks can be thrown back at him but the timing is very tricky and I never learned how to do it consistently.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You can basically beat him out of everything with force push. He moves fast but has long tells. The rocks always have the same launch so they're pretty easy to push back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, just beat the Ninth Sister . Classic Souls luck for me-fight kicked my rear end until that final attempt where I was gonna give up and complain on the internet about it,when I somehow beat it.