Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

something posted:

1.002 coming out tomorrow.

How do I get to this magical new option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU: I having to setup a new computer and don't have my old computer. I was using the Steam cloud saves with no issues, but having just installed NGU on the new computer I just see a message saying "Fetching Steam Cloud, on moment..." but nothing ever happens. Anyone have any suggestions?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I was getting that a few days ago, but it worked again after rebooting Steam. Dunno if that was just because it needed updating or not, though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Fool posted:

NGU: I having to setup a new computer and don't have my old computer. I was using the Steam cloud saves with no issues, but having just installed NGU on the new computer I just see a message saying "Fetching Steam Cloud, on moment..." but nothing ever happens. Anyone have any suggestions?

Restart steam, sounds like you are disconnected from their cloud, or your authorization timed out. Tends to happen if you just leave the computer on. Steam also updates things a lot to get patch exploits that people use to run pirated copies of the games and eventually blocks older versions from connecting so after a few weeks you almost certainly need to relog to actually use their cloud.

It also just breaks sometimes, but that's everything involving the internet and restarting steam will fix it, unless it's Tuesday Steam does maintenance on Tuesdays so there are random outages that can last over an hour and you will not be able to log back in until it is done. (If you hammer it you will likely still login since they stagger them but I find it very difficult to get into games that use steam authentication during maintenance).

pixaal fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 18, 2019

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

At this point I've restarted my computer and signed out/in of Steam 5 times and I'm still getting the same behavior. Now I'm concerned that it wasn't actually syncing on my old computer and I just didn't notice.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Fool posted:

At this point I've restarted my computer and signed out/in of Steam 5 times and I'm still getting the same behavior. Now I'm concerned that it wasn't actually syncing on my old computer and I just didn't notice.

Steam only uploads when you exit. Did you cleanly exit steam on your old computer?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

pixaal posted:

Steam only uploads when you exit. Did you cleanly exit steam on your old computer?

I mean, at some point between when NGU launched and Friday night I'm sure I've exited steam cleanly a few times.

But it may have been a week or so since the last time I've done that.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Okay, I have 20 million PP and 200k QP saved. Bring on the new patch.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Okay, I have 20 million PP and 200k QP saved. Bring on the new patch.

Let’s hope you don’t have to confirm each PP spend.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Fool posted:

I mean, at some point between when NGU launched and Friday night I'm sure I've exited steam cleanly a few times.

But it may have been a week or so since the last time I've done that.

Okay so never trust a blind link even from a goon log into steam in your web browser then follow this link https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage it will take you to your steam cloud page and will show a file count and size for every game in your steam account.

You can of course just follow it and login but that's a good way to get phished.

this should be NGU specifically if you are already logged into steam in your browser https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorageapp/?appid=1147690

date written is the creation date not the last written date. Mine says Nov 1 and I just loaded it today after restarting the computer and the steam cloud was the version I selected because it was newer by 3 seconds.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 18, 2019

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Oodles posted:

There’s a setting to disable that

Are you the same dude who didn’t know about the other setting that is a huge quality of life upgrade

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Oodles posted:

You can right click to max once it's disabled. Would've saved me a few hundred clicks if I knew that.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Postess with the Mostest posted:

You can right click to max once it's disabled. Would've saved me a few hundred clicks if I knew that.

Fun fact I discovered this accidentally and it was not a great perk that I misclicked

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

pixaal posted:

Okay so never trust a blind link even from a goon log into steam in your web browser then follow this link https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage it will take you to your steam cloud page and will show a file count and size for every game in your steam account.

You can of course just follow it and login but that's a good way to get phished.

this should be NGU specifically if you are already logged into steam in your browser https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorageapp/?appid=1147690

date written is the creation date not the last written date. Mine says Nov 1 and I just loaded it today after restarting the computer and the steam cloud was the version I selected because it was newer by 3 seconds.

WELP

Thanks for the help anyway. I'll have to see if I can recover my old kart save.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rip.

I've a progress question. I have all the 2D Land gear now, working on leveling and boosting it some so I can progress to the Battlefields. Should I stick with my GRB Slab of Beef, or swap in the King Amulet? The GRB set are almost all capped so I'm gonna hang onto the three pieces I have left to cap out (I'm into the second page of inventory, EXP & first set of PP ones are capped out.)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I stuck with the Slab of Beef for a long time, and it is still the only GRB piece I cared enough to max. King's Amulet is very situational, mostly for when you have more Accs slots.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a nice slab of meat. Very expensive. But that makes sense, I just wasn't sure if it'd be worth losing all that EP, but I figured it wasn't. So I don't need to worry about the amulet for awhile.

Next goal, maxing the 20 boosts and working towards the Mega Lands.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
You're definitely going to keep the King's Amulet around and equip it any time you're doing Advanced Training.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Known bug? No NGU challenge run:

When I eventually unlock Time Machine on the RB, dropping E/M in it does nothing. I have to reset my E/M for it to turn on. Yes I am adventuring in a zone.

It has happened to me all 3 times I've attempted No NGU run.

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 19, 2019

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

Known bug? No NGU challenge run:

When I eventually unlock Time Machine on the RB, dropping E/M in it does nothing. I have to reset my E/M for it to turn on. Yes I am adventuring in a zone.

It has happened to me all 3 times I've attempted No NGU run.

Do you have enough gold for the upgrade cost?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh dang I never realized that was even a thing. That must be it. My gold must be getting eaten up by my augs and never being dumped into my TM.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

With Yggdrasil is it more optimal to pour all of my seeds into maxing Pomegranate first, or will the sharply climbing costs mean that I get more seeds over time by keeping every fruit roughly at seed cost parity?

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I've been saving up AP to buy the green heart, but I've just unlocked Quests so now the orange heart is a viable choice too. I'm still leaning towards the faster PP at the moment, but what do you guys suggest?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Omi no Kami posted:

With Yggdrasil is it more optimal to pour all of my seeds into maxing Pomegranate first, or will the sharply climbing costs mean that I get more seeds over time by keeping every fruit roughly at seed cost parity?

Max Fruit of Gold first because the cost is cheap, then max Pom. That's the optimal route. I will admit to putting a couple of levels here and there just because it's nice to collect some fruits after waking up or coming home from work.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Xtanstic posted:

Max Fruit of Gold first because the cost is cheap, then max Pom. That's the optimal route. I will admit to putting a couple of levels here and there just because it's nice to collect some fruits after waking up or coming home from work.

Cool, thanks... I assume the same thing applies once I have enough revenue to afford Watermelon?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Omi no Kami posted:

Cool, thanks... I assume the same thing applies once I have enough revenue to afford Watermelon?

After pom you mostly go in order. By the time watermelon is affordable the rest of the fruit aren't that great so no need to rush seeds

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mr. Peepers posted:

I've been saving up AP to buy the green heart, but I've just unlocked Quests so now the orange heart is a viable choice too. I'm still leaning towards the faster PP at the moment, but what do you guys suggest?

If you just unlocked Quests then it's still a while before you can do much with it plus the Green Heart has +Respawn which is always a pro choice

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Eldercain posted:

After pom you mostly go in order. By the time watermelon is affordable the rest of the fruit aren't that great so no need to rush seeds

Hmm that makes sense, thanks :)

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Devor posted:

There’s a setting to disable that

Are you the same dude who didn’t know about the other setting that is a huge quality of life upgrade

drat.

No not them, clearly there’s more than one idiot.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So every version of Ascendant pendant or McLootyFace have been literally useless by the time you got them so i never bothered transforming my level 100 Galactic emperor looty or Ascended x6 pendant (since i assumed the next stages to be useless), but it turns out that the next stage of both, at level 0, are really loving good. So thats like 3 months of me missing out on progress.

Ugh :doh:

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
NGU endgame: Am I confused or are there severe diminishing returns on putting xp into R3 at the endgame? I'm at 1000:37.5m:1000 base stats for R3 and seem to be getting more of a return on wish speed by putting xp into energy and magic, which are at 700 trillion and 350 trillion base cap right now. Hacks are quickly slowing to a crawl and I'm having a hard time breaking into Rad Lands and Exile V3. Should I just be putting *all* my xp into adventure stats at this point? Do an extra long rebirth?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
IIIRC, the same weighting formula is applied to Wishes' speed equally across all the resources. Since Energy and Magic are magnitudes cheaper, it's easier to amass those in comparison to R3. R3 is also being heavily competed with Hacks at the same time, while the other two are already "matured" and are hitting their NGU/Adv/Blood caps at much lower magnitudes.

Yhag
Dec 23, 2006

I'm dying you idiot!
Posting here to get somethings attention for the Discord group! Started playing NGU 2 weeks ago when I found out it works at work and I'm hooked!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
if the eventual Friday the 13th flavor text isn't Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma we've missed something

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

if the eventual Friday the 13th flavor text isn't Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma we've missed something

I dunno its sound effects, gotta go for maximum angry nerds and go with ch ch ch, ah ah ah like everyone used before the game came out and subtitled it that way.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Looks like that idle mage game added a prestige mechanic. Buy a wizards hall, you end up with a wizards council, and points you can spend on bonuses to other runs. Then you choose another slot on the council and do a run.

Included upgrades I've seen are improved rest, and another action.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
I was not expecting to see a Telefrancais reference in NGU.

It's good to know that even after all of these years I still shouted "ce n'est pas possible" when seeing that pineapple

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Jaxts posted:

It's good to know that even after all of these years I still shouted "ce n'est pas possible" when seeing that pineapple
c'est possible!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So in incremancer if I've built all the buildings is the loop right now to just keep killing for trophies and prestiging if you can't beat the next boss level? I feel like the cycle to get to endgame is pretty short and creatures and harpies seem real bad compared to pisstons of zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
lazy itopod floor shitter