Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Supreme Allah posted:

'I leave it entirely in your hands'

Just caught up on latest eps

OKAY sorry but no offense but I love this show. it's awesome, it's 19 easter eggs per ep for anyone that read the book.

Sorry. No offense (alan moore)
This thread is generally warm to the show, you're not offending anyone. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Did they say when the millennium clock was built?

I’m wondering if that is Veidt’s prison or at least if Trieu is his captor. The walls of the prison are portals that open onto Europa. Trieu implied she knew what Veidt currently looked like with the statue. Presumably the richest person in the world could have advanced portal tech if a terrorist org has it. Also the cloning tech Veidt has is something Trieu possesses as she made that family a baby.

Raccooon fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 20, 2019

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

beanieson posted:

All the employees in the store front area of that dog cloning place were standing next to an exact double, which implies they’re either hiring exclusively identical twins, OR cloning their customer service representatives and using Veidt’s fast grow microwave to get them to maturity. Which would also imply a larger dispose-all for the full grown clones who didn’t look quite right.

I was assuming it was clones because cloning seemed so widespread and acceptable; then again sugar seems to be banned.

What happens if they are making clones of their reps? Do they then provide them with a house and an additional stipend or do they just incinerate them at the end of each day?
If they are only hiring twins would they encounter labour law violations?

:confused:

KoRMaK posted:

That place where wade screened the DVD isn't just a theater, it's a loving broadcast center. There's way too much equipment there for it just to be for viewing. They are probably going to do a pirate broadcast.

And they're probably going to bring back Viedt to interview live on screen or something. Maybe even record going through the portal and bringing him back as part of the broadcast

:hmmyes: This is an interesting theory.
Thinking back it's definetly a broadcast center. I didn't even make that connection, though I noticed all the lighting equipment but completey spaced on that being a Master Control Room that Mirror Guy watches the video in.

HppyCmpr fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Nov 20, 2019

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Wild theory: each time we see a Veidt anniversary, it's not just one year later, it's a new Veidt clone celebrating his first birthday. Whenever he tries to escape, the warden kills him and easy-bakes a new V-clone.

His prison could be testing to see if there's a pacified version of him that can be safely reintroduced into modern society. The original is probably still out there as a control.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

I don't see the problem, a live dog and a disintegrated dog have the same number of particles.

Some of those particles will probably end up on a farm in a couple months.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Squidster posted:

Wild theory: each time we see a Veidt anniversary, it's not just one year later, it's a new Veidt clone celebrating his first birthday. Whenever he tries to escape, the warden kills him and easy-bakes a new V-clone.

They call this punching the V card.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Squidster posted:

His prison could be testing to see if there's a pacified version of him that can be safely reintroduced into modern society. The original is probably still out there as a control.

Nice theory, but at certain points he seems to express an exhaustion that implies he's been there longer than a year, him smashing the birthday cake or when he's shown imprinting the clones. That, and the continuation of him saying he's writing a play in the first episode and having it performed in the second.

lurker2006 fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 20, 2019

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
I'm just waiting for the horseshoe to come into play. That's gonna be the biggest moment in the Veidt arc.

Skitz fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 20, 2019

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

He's recording what's on the TVs, not himself. There's a reel to reel next to him in the next panels.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

That place where wade screened the DVD isn't just a theater, it's a loving broadcast center. There's way too much equipment there for it just to be for viewing. They are probably going to do a pirate broadcast.

And they're probably going to bring back Viedt to interview live on screen or something. Maybe even record going through the portal and bringing him back as part of the broadcast

I just thought they had a bunch of cameras and monitors so they can see where/when the basketball pops up after they throw it in

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
think keene knew about the assassination attempt ahead of time? what was the plan if blake hadn't done what she did?

e:i guess they were just going to kidnap him. so without angela (but with blake) the 7k might've actually killed him.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

There were production delays and issues shipped late- people would have been bitching about that.
Thanks for the reminder, I haven't thought about that in decades.

Nooooo!!!!!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

beanieson posted:

This also really bugged me, we flashed back to his silver lined hat, flashed back to him on 11/2, and one other time I’m forgetting. I hate when they do this poo poo.

That said, still the best episode so far.

The third one was the Kavalry church. Those bothered me as well; I don’t need help remembering a crucial plot point from 20 minutes ago. The cactus being constantly in view on Wade’s desk while he and Angela are talking about the Nostalgia felt similarly heavy-handed.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Binary Logic posted:

Nooooo!!!!!

What a horrible thing to do, reversing the gif like that.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

Any of you who haven't read the comics, just go watch the motion comic already its super good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLdqKIj3-A0

Thanks for this, I'm a couple chapters in and it's a nice change from just re-reading the comic. Recommended.

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Binary Logic posted:

Nooooo!!!!!

That’s a Veidt Compact Hyperloop Terminal, it quickly shuttles the puppy to a farm upstate where they can frolic with their barnyard pals.

SUBTITLES: (Flame sounds)

Oh no.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

I don't see the problem, a live dog and a disintegrated dog have the same number of particles.

from the Watchmen-inspired/homage Multiversity: Pax Americana

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
what the gently caress

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
That's a great book. They take the Charlton characters that inspired Watchmen and make them more like their Watchmen counterparts. It's the only time I've ever felt anything more than disdain for Captain Atom.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Redford timeline.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wtf does redford have to do with sundance film fest

*googles* oh, drat ok then

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011

Rinkles posted:

think keene knew about the assassination attempt ahead of time? what was the plan if blake hadn't done what she did?

e:i guess they were just going to kidnap him. so without angela (but with blake) the 7k might've actually killed him.

I don't think he did know about it, probably another reason why he speaks so poorly of the locals and seemed genuinely relieved to have been saved.

I am on the side of him concealing his identity though, so depends on where you land on that. It's seems overly complicated to try and stage that and rely on the guy being shot; unless he was meant to break free somehow and return a hero.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

quote:

Assuming Hollywood gets around to making a movie about the Redford Presidency someday, who would be best suited to play Mr. Redford on the big screen?

Patrick Wilson, fresh off his Emmy-award-winning turn in the first season of American Hero Story, could make for a very compelling Robert Redford.

Alright, now I want to see Wilson actually make a cameo in the AHS show.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

HppyCmpr posted:

I don't think he did know about it, probably another reason why he speaks so poorly of the locals and seemed genuinely relieved to have been saved.

I am on the side of him concealing his identity though, so depends on where you land on that. It's seems overly complicated to try and stage that and rely on the guy being shot; unless he was meant to break free somehow and return a hero.

then he'd come off genuinely courageous, because he offered himself up immediately.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kazy posted:

He's recording what's on the TVs, not himself. There's a reel to reel next to him in the next panels.

Wouldn't be wearing the right costume anyway.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Just found out that theres a documentary from 2012 called Swandown that has a sequence where Alan Moore and Stewart Lee ride a pedalo in the shape of a swan down a canal in England.

I know thats only mildly relevant to the thread but I had to share this somewhere.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Lol I like the idea that Snyder’s movie was season 1 of AHS in the show

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm going to hold out hope until the end that Billy Crudup voices Dr. Manhattan. I just can't picture anyone else.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Look we saw that at least ONE of the 3 million was a thief, but that dog, that dog did nothing wrong

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

They call this punching the V card.

I see what you did there.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol didnt realize it but thats a direct quote from me. once again i am flattered

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 20, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In his big reveal, Veidt said that there would still have to be "occassional minor dimensional incursions" or something to continue to sell the hoax. Is that entirely the squidfall? I guess he's got a squidfall machine set on automatic?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

zoux posted:

In his big reveal, Veidt said that there would still have to be "occassional minor dimensional incursions" or something to continue to sell the hoax. Is that entirely the squidfall? I guess he's got a squidfall machine set on automatic?

That was my read on it!

I wonder if EPS is entirely predatory or if they're a government shop that funds Redfordations or something

Also, if you haven't seen this, it's the best video on the internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I think it's implied in a couple of ways that Veidt owns EDS and also is involved with the self help stuff.

So, entirely predatory.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Holy hell, what did I just watch?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

tomapot posted:

Holy hell, what did I just watch?

You don't remember the Watchmen cartoon from the early 90s?!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
So Will is Hooded Justice and applied makeup to his eyes to appear white under his mask, reflecting how his granddaughter applied her own make-up, right? It does seem like a cheat repurposing the Hooded Justice to be an inverse KKK outfit with a noose when that's kind of what New Frontier John Henry is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

That was my read on it!

I wonder if EPS is entirely predatory or if they're a government shop that funds Redfordations or something

Jon can give you cancer, and can turn into a car!

Wasn't there a Simpsons joke like that? Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

twistedmentat posted:

Jon can give you cancer, and can turn into a car!

Wasn't there a Simpsons joke like that? Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation?

Which one of the watchmen babies is your favorite?