Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
alright that's the second Dick Tracy villian sitting in the background now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is there no Attorney round?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

catching up and

https://twitter.com/qjurecic/status/1197292237387907079

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/1197292592402247680

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Majorian posted:

Plus it cast a lot of Native American actors, which, even in 1992, was not something one could always count on in a movie about First Nations people.

russell means is one of the major actors of the movie and he was national director of AIM at one point

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i'm gonna watch Last of the Mohicans this week. Haven't seen it in years, thanks for the reminder

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

russell means is one of the major actors of the movie and he was national director of AIM at one point

tbf he was also in Pocahontas and that movie is just a bit problematic

fridgraidr
Nov 10, 2011

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican
Please!

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Ugh Conaway again, what a loving douchebag.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it really is remarkable:

https://twitter.com/qjurecic/status/1197294377858719744

this was one of their only remaining defenses! "ukraine barely even learned about it before it was released, no harm, no foul, right?"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yup, and he was drat good in that one, too.

oxsnard posted:

tbf he was also in Pocahontas and that movie is just a bit problematic

Yeah well, I think we can all agree that wasn't exactly his fault.;)

Boy Conaway is just unpleasant to listen to.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It is amazing how fast and how hard the demand for formal, public hearings hosed the GOP on this

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

"My entire chain of command advocated for removing the hold on the funds."

apparently Conaway's best shot was "well you weren't retaliated against, were you??"

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

I'm willing to offer you Ukraine for this gang tag

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Angry_Ed posted:

It is amazing how fast and how hard the demand for formal, public hearings hosed the GOP on this

It was the most obvious outcome but the GOP is do deep into crime dilation it couldn't predict this.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Majorian posted:

Boy Conaway is just unpleasant to listen to.

if he was talking about the best way to skin a feral hog or cure mesquite wood, it would be quite nice though

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Angry_Ed posted:

It's hilarious how utterly and massively silent the senate is right now to the last man

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Majorian posted:

Plus it cast a lot of Native American actors, which, even in 1992, was not something one could always count on in a movie about First Nations people.

Like Dances with Wolves aged poorly but I remember knowing a lot of people who were absolutely psyched at there being mainstream hollywood movies where we were depicted fairly positively.

Costner putting his foot down on the suits wanting the FN actors to speak in english earned him hella brownie points, too.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Cooper's a really, really good witness for us.

Just googled her bio and good lord:

quote:

Ms. Cooper previously served as a Principal Director in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Global Security Affairs, with responsibility for policies on: mission assurance, defense continuity of operations, critical infrastructure protection, homeland counterterrorism, global antiterrorism policy, and the Council of Governors.

Prior assignments in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy include: Director of the Strategy office, where she helped manage the 2010 Quadrennial Defense Review; Acting Director for South Asia; and Afghanistan Team Chief, Stability Operations Office.

Prior to joining the Department of Defense in 2001, Ms. Cooper was a policy planning officer at the State Department in the Office of Coordinator for Counterterrorism. She has also served as a Junior Fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Mohican

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Smiling Jack posted:

Last of the Mohicans takes the controversial position of everyone is brutal and violent towards each other but that cinematography tho

don't forget dat score

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Cry some more you little bitch.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

eke out posted:

Cooper's a really, really good witness for us.

Just googled her bio and good lord:

Yeah Cooper's resume is quite impressive

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
what even is this clown doing

why is this clown

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Angry_Ed posted:

The public hearings were scheduled from almost the start of the investigation. Republicans just pretended there would only be SEKRET STAR CHAMBER PROCEEDINGS because it lets them play the victim and distracts from the facts.

Edit: :lol:
Thanks for the tag Party Plane Jones!

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 21, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

New Trump catchphrase (in an extremely Sgt. Schultz voice): “I want nothing.”

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

I also require nothing.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

E-flat posted:

what even is this clown doing

Whining that he doesn't get to call suspects in his conspiracy theory. Still.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
My stream skipped a bit, did Jordan just say there were no republican witnesses, except for 3 witnesses that they got?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

My stream skipped a bit, did Jordan just say there were no republican witnesses, except for 3 witnesses that they got?

yes actually they have had no witnesses at all

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

Yeah, the line he's been pushing all day is that these are all Democrat witnesses, he's been shut out of calling even a single witness, and his list of witnesses just happened to share three with the Democratic list of witnesses. Incidentally he wasn't pushing this before the testimony of those three were not good for the GOP at all.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

yronic heroism posted:

New Trump catchphrase (in an extremely Sgt. Schultz voice): “I want nothing.”

It's quite true, very fitting. He doesn't want for anything except maybe his father's praise. parenting skills. business ethics. Oh wait, no, he doesn't care about the last two

edit: PPJ you are the hero we need and deserve

E-flat fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 21, 2019

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

You see, they suggested those witnesses, but it's the democrats that brought them in.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
done through page 53, now only 13 more to go, down from 12 earlier

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Just tuned into this second hearing. How's it going for us?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

He's real steamed that the GOP witnesses all turned on them.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

E-flat posted:

It's quite true, very fitting. He doesn't want for anything except maybe his father's praise

I think it has an excellent chance of being added to his Greatest Tweets lineup.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aramis posted:

You see, they suggested those witnesses, but it's the democrats that brought them in.

They're just mad that their plan to bring in James O'Keefe wearing a Ushanka in as a Ukranian witness was shot down :v:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

it's kind of boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

really good, Laura Cooper revealed that the Ukrainians knew about the hold on aid for like, 6 weeks longer than republicans have been claiming

but this dude should stop saying Madame so much