Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Republicans jerking off to javelins right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AquaticIguana
Apr 29, 2009

I dabble in honky sorcery from time to time.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

I want nothing but I also want this.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Madkal posted:

Republicans jerking off to javelins right now.

Dems too unfortunately. The MIC has a lot invested in Ukraine continuing to buy 'em.

The GOP is really hammering on the "OBUMMER wanted Ukraine to DIE, didn't they Ms. Cooper? DIDN'T THEY?!" though.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

I WANT NOTHING (but this tag)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
'this guy who got hired after the fact didn't hear anything about crimes'

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

1337JiveTurkey posted:

I think my last post got missed so I'm just going to rerequest.
It may not have! I requested mine on page 50. It takes a lot of time, dude.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I'm looking forward to the "Javelin" super cut when the hearings are over.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
We needed to give javelins to Ukraine but they were also corrupt and shouldn't receive our tax dollars. I say this in the same breath.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

send me posts and i will send back double the amount of posts

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Swalwell starting off strong. Was wondering how long it'd take for someone there to mention how damning her testimony is.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I just got to this one. What's happened so far?

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

E-flat posted:

If I end up with two, I promise to lord it all over you peasants.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Those poor Ukrainians… They only got blankets under Obama... Trump has been so good to them, it's enough to make a grown man cry (sir)! :qq:

I sort of feel that Swalwell shouldn't really acknowledge the Republican's ludicrous argument because it really doesn't deserve a proper rebuttal, but it's probably useful for a non-negligible number of viewers to do so.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

I want nothing... except for this awesome gang tag

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Im going to assume trump somehow sent throwing spears to Ukraine, instead of missiles. He fucks up everything else, so why not this.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Bernie Madoff reference in 2019. Bold and timely choice.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sombrerotron posted:

Those poor Ukrainians… They only got blankets under Obama... Trump has been so good to them, it's enough to make a grown man cry (sir)! :qq:

I sort of feel that Swalwell shouldn't really acknowledge the Republican's ludicrous argument because it really doesn't deserve a proper rebuttal, but it's probably useful for a non-negligible number of viewers to do so.

Watch the Republicans ignore it and keep bringing up "blankets"

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

yronic heroism posted:

Bernie Madoff reference in 2019. Bold and timely choice.

It feels like politicians are trapped in a time vortex in general

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

i want this please

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Swalwell with a Bernie Madoff and charitable contributions riff. I enjoy hearing his cross exam

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
loving javelins ughuhghhuguhgh

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Nonlethal aid is often a figleaf. Night vision rifle scopes don't kill anybody on their own so they're nonlethal. I remember Germany sending Carl Gustav recoilless rifles with illumination rounds as nonlethal aid to somebody, but slap a plain old explosive round in one and it's plenty lethal.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I... what?

Hurd you know you're supposed to be spinning a narrative right? Not looking for the latest Tom Clancy bait.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I want nothing
I want nothing

except this gang tag!

NO QUID PRO QUO.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Nonlethal aid is often a figleaf. Night vision rifle scopes don't kill anybody on their own so they're nonlethal. I remember Germany sending Carl Gustav recoilless rifles with illumination rounds as nonlethal aid to somebody, but slap a plain old explosive round in one and it's plenty lethal.

I'll always remember my grandfather talking about how the only thing that the Allies had that was better than the German equipment in WW2 was our trucks and in the end that's all that really mattered because logistics wins wars (as any Goon should know). Non-lethal aid frees up funding that would have to otherwise be spent on beans and bandaids to buy more bullets.

Skex fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 21, 2019

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

:getin:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hold on. I missed something due to work stuff. Did Cooper just blow up the Ukraine didn't even know about the hold line?

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Ratcliffe splitting hairs to the point of invisibility.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Madkal posted:

Hold on. I missed something due to work stuff. Did Cooper just blow up the Ukraine didn't even know about the hold line?

That's affirmative

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

volts5000 posted:

That's affirmative

Bahahhahhahhaha

Did Ukraine call to ask about the hold or maybe to say hi? Ask how you're doing? Whats the weather like maybe?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

E-flat posted:

fyi this is gonna take me hours; basta thread bans (all 224 of them) took 5 mods/IKs 6 hours to go through because we had to go through each page of a 400 page thread and check and see if each poster had a ban queued, then we had to go back in and double check to make sure we didn't double ban people because a quarter of the queue was processed at one go and we had double bans mixed in. which isn't a problem if it all gets hit at once, but people were buying their account back and then getting rebanned which whoops

this is less bad than that but i'm expecting it to take a while

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Madkal posted:

Bahahhahhahhaha

Did Ukraine call to ask about the hold or maybe to say hi? Ask how you're doing? Whats the weather like maybe?

"Heard anything about a javelin storm?"

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This guy talks like Keith Olbermann.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Imma quote this again because I got missed in round 1.

e: Not a critique, there's a lot, I can tell

Uncleanly Cleric fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 21, 2019

Robot Jones
Nov 12, 2016

Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones?

Not quite an emptyquote

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Coach Gym time

bootsy
Jun 29, 2010
Jordan's back! gently caress it, preemptively drinking.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
ooooof you could hear the quotation marks when she said "reportedly"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elvis Enwright
Jun 22, 2004
just like any other man, only more so

I want the gang tag that says I want nothing, so perhaps I’m on an island with pedantic stickler clones.