Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

mp5 posted:

I just started a playthrough last week and I think I might restart for melee weapons. Also I quested too hard for the Legion and I think I locked myself out of access to Arcade :(

The trick is to play both sides always since you get a i forgive you thing in the main quest. Basically meeting Benny should be one of the last things you do in the game since theres so much foolery you can do if you take into account the whole faction forgiveness. Like lonesome road spoilers nuke both factions so you can access their dumb loot locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Iretep posted:

The trick is to play both sides always since you get a i forgive you thing in the main quest. Basically meeting Benny should be one of the last things you do in the game since theres so much foolery you can do if you take into account the whole faction forgiveness. Like lonesome road spoilers nuke both factions so you can access their dumb loot locations.

It's a real shame you have to nuke the NCR to get the Scorched Sierra Power Armor because it's so cool.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Can y’all believe this game’s 10 year anniversary is less than a year away? What in the gently caress?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chaosapiant posted:

Can y’all believe this game’s 10 year anniversary is less than a year away? What in the gently caress?

Ok Boomer

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Iretep posted:

And you should always nuke both sides because it's hilarious how easily they will forgive you for that.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

i still laugh over people mis-attributing house's quote to House Peters:

And then you have all the people getting tattoos of Joshua Graham's quote on themselves, or inspiration posters with the quote on it.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/573/960/fed.jpeg

This is the quote Joshua Graham should be remembered for.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
To be fair, that Joshua Graham quote is badass

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
His quote all over Pinterest makes me want to do a reverse and make a small mod that puts a Live, Laugh, Love poster in his cave.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Beat part of Joshua Graham was his custom animation of going through an endless stack of guns.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Playing again with YUP after Outer Worlds. Can say this is the first time I've encountered the bugs where your perception drops to 1 and Boone doesn't give a solitary poo poo when I go Chernobyl on the Legion.

Given the strength and importance of questing over exploration in Vegas I believe Outer Worlds lost nothing by canning the open-world and sticking to the Kotor formula.

What really hasn't aged is the lack of fast-travel to key areas. Lucky 38 takes four loading screens to get through. Also no sprinting without mods.

Every quest that requires a trip to a vault always blow. I think CD Projekt and Obsidian games succeed as WRPGs because they rely very little on traditional dungeons.

I hope Outer Worlds gets a space-version of Graham.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

sean10mm posted:

I always murder the legion, then get the hall pass from them, then turn around and murder them again.

:killing:

I don't think I've ever let Vulpes' replacement get more than ten steps away from me in New Vegas without his winding up a bloody crumpled heap in the gutter.

It's only ever been Vulpes' replacement because Vulpes' head, in dozens of playthroughs, has always, ALWAYS, been taken back to the Mojave Outpost to decorate Ghost's lookout nook.

I'm sure I'll do a Legion run someday...

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I got it out the way recently because the STEAM achievement being grey after all these years was getting to me.

I decided to combine it with a cannibal run too.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Iretep posted:

Yeah that's what I did, I just ended up doing too good a job of having everyone like me (I really wanted the Lucky Shades).

One of these times I'm going to finish the rest of the Steam Achievements I'm missing

I also always think I'm going to push off the meeting with Benny to the end of my runs, after I've done everything else. Except, the whole story with Ulysses is still one of my favorite things about the game. So it always ends up with that arc being the peak I want to save for the end.

mp5 fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 19, 2019

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Achievements, eh? Ask me about using a silenced pistol to finish off deathclaws and using time bombs to kill cazadores.

Edit: Actually, don’t. I had a quick look at my previous posts in this thread and I have talked about this a lot throughout the years :shobon:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 19, 2019

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is there a mod stack for this that's just technical and quality of life fixes? The last time I got into a mature Gamebryo game I mixed far too many Skyrim "rebalances" and ended up getting one-shotted by packs of vampires at high noon.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Not sure what you want for QOL stuff, but for fixes, I have used https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664 for years without issue.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Shumagorath posted:

Is there a mod stack for this that's just technical and quality of life fixes? The last time I got into a mature Gamebryo game I mixed far too many Skyrim "rebalances" and ended up getting one-shotted by packs of vampires at high noon.

The first section or two of Viva New Vegas might be what you want

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

JawKnee posted:

The first section or two of Viva New Vegas might be what you want

Yea this is a solid recommendation.

https://vivanewvegas.github.io/core.html

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

After beating this at the start of the month and almost immediately making a second character, I got burnt out and haven't touched the game in a few weeks. Now -- after professing how much more stable the Ultimate Edition seems to be -- it's completely locked up and forced me to hard reboot my computer two times in a row just trying to load my character :argh:

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
In my experience New Vegas now is exactly as stable as you choose to make it. You have to mod it of course, but if you limit yourself to not much more than the bug fixing and stability mods then the game just won't crash. At least that's been my experience and I'm running it on an intel integrated gpu of all things.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

It's kind of a shame the Legion is so poo poo, because my Frumentarii playthrough was really fun.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Byzantine posted:

It's kind of a shame the Legion is so poo poo,

Look, you don't need to beat yourself up like this. You had a good run there for a millennium!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bogart posted:

Ranger red scarf outfit is the best looking outfit in the game barring Joshua’s kit.
That is how I'm going. I do like the Primm Sheriff hat.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hunting revolver or preferably the Ranger Sequoia

I really wish there was an easier way to grab that.... even in non NCR runs I try and be nice to them. Also I will not have Kris Kristofferson kill himself... I just want to hear grandpa tell me stories all day about being a Ranger in the olden times. I really do like his VA.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I don't think I've ever let Vulpes' replacement get more than ten steps away from me in New Vegas without his winding up a bloody crumpled heap in the gutter.

It's only ever been Vulpes' replacement because Vulpes' head, in dozens of playthroughs, has always, ALWAYS, been taken back to the Mojave Outpost to decorate Ghost's lookout nook.

I'm sure I'll do a Legion run someday...

Weirdly enough I always let him live after my first NCR run. Partially due to my knowledge of the ending. Keeping him and Lanius alive pretty much ensures the Legion splinter and destroys itself... or at least weakens itself so the NCR/House don't have to worry about them. I would like to imagine that if Lanius met with an accident, Vulpes would be more amenable to a peace treaty and less expansion. With the Legion's many prevalent weaknesses, they would end up just another minor tribal faction ruling Colorado. edit:Until the 'Rado got taken over by the empire of Kievan Ruff and his many Good Boys.

As terrible as the Legion are (and they are as has been discussed ad infinitum in the other thread) they have some fun quests. Sadly they are all at the end of the trail and you pretty much have no reason to join them before hitting the strip aside from roleplaying a tribal who really hates the NCR or something like that. I kinda wish they had more. By no means make them nice but it would have been nice to have a little more. It's not like they have to give you a happy ending since you kinda sided with the fascist tribal rape a gogo. I definitely would have made one specific for a lady courier that was "They crucified you as a warning so other women didn't get any funny ideas. Were you actually expecting something else?" no matter how you tried to be nice to Caesar or any of the other guys. For a male courier the Legion would have been a primo for a "you are the new Genghis Khan" ending. Think of the original Legacy of Kain evil ending. I just want more games have an evil ending where you sit on a throne made from the skulls of your conquered. Plus it sets up a sequel where your protagonist becomes the antagonist for the next in the series. Which I also dig. Vae Victis.

Another wish is that Yes Man ending had been a little meatier. Good Karma and you get a decent ending where you can choose the Kings or Followers to help steer Vegas, bad karma and you can either rule with an iron fist or just leave it all a desolate wasteland where the Securitrons patrol over bone paved highways. I dig the House ending but NCR will always be my favourite. It ends as good as it can go for most of the factions and it's a great finale for Fallout. The NCR has many flaws but their heart is in the right place. So many words but my replay as made me realize how much I missed this game.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 21, 2019

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

With how the karma system is in the game, it's probably for the best that it affects very little in the ending slides. Your karma is mostly dependent on how many feral ghouls and/or fiends you bothered to kill; and since they attack you on sight anyway, that number will probably be very high. Murdering most good-aligned NPCs gets you -5 karma, the same as stealing something, but killing a ghoul or fiend gives you +100.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Yet another reason why you should always run the JSawyer Mod.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I wish I could on this run. Playing the 360 port to XBoxOne. I don't really like Fallout 4 but the built in mod manager was semi ok. Hated the 2 gig limit but better than nihil. New Vegas is far better on pc but I like occasionally playing on console.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Wicked Them Beats posted:

This is kind of what I was after when I said "quality of life" (thanks for VNV too). That and anything that gives you more screen real-estate in the PipBoy or lets you equip companions with a proper menu.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1203800431404732417
:smith:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
gently caress.

I'm happy I got his autograph a few years back. He was a really friendly guy

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

A Tragedy Has Befallen All Mankind

:(

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Guess it's time to do a House run in memoriam. :smith:

RIP Odo.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

also did a great job in legacy of kain.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

:emo:
Was already planning on doing a House run.... but now I definitely can't do anything else.

megalodong posted:

also did a great job in legacy of kain.

An old previously owned copy of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain was my very first RPG. I'll never forget my mind being blown as I saw an ending where my guy sat on a throne of skulls. I found it at a used store for like pocket change as a kid and never looked back. Vae Victis!

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Your chance to own a great work of art

https://twitter.com/kunert_ebooks/status/1204466475089575936

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/irradiatedmemes/status/1205593233293824001?s=21

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Project_F4NV/status/1214041413123526656
drat I forgot this project was still going on

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1214046350641262593?s=20

agreed

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I don't immediately recognize those areas. Is that the northern pass into Zion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

oh jay posted:

I don't immediately recognize those areas. Is that the northern pass into Zion?

It's Camp Guardian