Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
HICKS: Yeah. But look...

The digital counters for the two sybians read "0" and "10" respectively. Less than a second's worth of vibration.

e: Christ I carried it to a new page. The shame.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ripley: Don't we have fleshlights?
Aaron: We've got thousands of them, but no batteries. I told you, nothing works.
Ripley: Wanking? Do we have the capacity to self-pleasure? Most humans have enjoyed that privilege since the Stone Age.
Aaron: No need to be sarcastic.

Ebeneezer Splooge
Nov 2, 2018

Code Jockey posted:

the chestburster scene, but a big ol' dong

Wait this isn't already what was filmed? I was mistaken the whole time! :dong:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
HICKS: M-41A 10cm pulse-rabbit, over and under with a 30cm pump-action g-spot locator.

Ripley hefts the weapon. It is heavy and awkward. But there is an irrational promise of satisfaction in its lethal cold steel lines, to at least the sense that she will be in some greater measure the master of her own fate. She raises it clumsily.

Ripley: What do I do?

Splicer fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 21, 2019

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Splicer posted:

HICKS: M-41A 10cm pulse-rabbit, over and under with an 30cm pump-action g-spot locator.

Ripley hefts the weapon. It is heavy and awkward. But there is an irrational promise of satisfaction in its lethal cold steel lines, to at least the sense that she will be in some greater measure the master of her own fate. She raises it clumsily.

Ripley: What do I do?

You started this. Show me everything.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vagabundo posted:

Aaron: We've got thousands of them, but no batteries. I told you, nothing works.
Ripley: Wanking? Do we have the capacity to self-pleasure? Most humans have enjoyed that privilege since the Stone Age.

:golfclap:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Anyone who attributes geometrically placed eggs to some sort of higher intelligence has never seen the inside of a beehive.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Anyone who attributes geometrically placed eggs to some sort of higher intelligence has never seen the inside of an anthive.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Anyone who attributes geometrically placed objects to some sort of higher intelligence has never seen the inside of an open plan office.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I for one, am honestly surprised that it took 88 pages for a thread about xenomorphs to turn this direction.

Vagabundo posted:

Well, if we're branching out from Aliens....

Who do I have to gently caress to get off this boat?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
There are weird allusions to motherhood, birth, etc. in the first movie.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Linux Pirate posted:

I don't think I like the direction this thread is heading.

At least you tried

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

tactlessbastard posted:

At least you tried

Not bad for a human.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hell ya.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got mine in the mail yesterday, too.

It references the Harvesters from the old Leading Edge RPG, it gives the Kenner toys a shout-out, and it applies some continuity spackle to Dr. Gediman’s line about “Fiori 16” from Alien Resurrection. This book loving rules.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Nice humblebrag that you have friends to play this with.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Will they stillq be friends after they get chest babies?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

I got mine in the mail yesterday, too.

It references the Harvesters from the old Leading Edge RPG, it gives the Kenner toys a shout-out, and it applies some continuity spackle to Dr. Gediman’s line about “Fiori 16” from Alien Resurrection. This book loving rules.

Does it mention what Arcturians are? Are they gender-fluid colonists or actual aliens?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oscar Wild posted:

Nice humblebrag that you have friends to play this with.

I can't speak for Owlbear but I have no friends to play this with but I don't regret buying this at all.

Well let me clarify that - I'm not entirely sure why I bought the dice or GM screen but maybe I'll get to play the game with actual humans someday in which case they'll be useful, and maybe I can use the dice for 40k games. I also bought the map/tokens pack pretty much just for the map, not realizing the map is reproduced in the book and that the separate map is kind of "ehhhh".

The book is still a hoot, though. I've caught another Kenner shout-out, a callback to the AvPClassic PC game, and a callback to the old 90s Colonial Marines comic series. I loving love this kind of poo poo.

Young Freud posted:

Does it mention what Arcturians are? Are they gender-fluid colonists or actual aliens?

I don't remember seeing them get mentioned but I'll check later.

The book does reference a lot of the more recent EU material like the "Fire & Stone" comic event, Isolation, and The Cold Forge, and it falls squarely on the "ambiguous" side of whether the Alien in 'Alien3' came from a dog or an ox, and it's also ambiguous on whether the Derelict was destroyed in 'Aliens'. It also references actual narrative elements from the William Gibson Alien3 draft beyond just the Union of Progressive Peoples, such as Anchorpoint Station (and its destruction) and the nuclear proliferation treaty (although in the RPG's narrative, it was the Patna, the WY ship from 'Alien3', that violates the treaty on its way to Fury 161 rather than the Sulaco drifting towards Anchorpoint station).

Like there's a shitload of stuff in here, it's wild.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 25, 2019

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

The book does reference a lot of the more recent EU material like the "Fire & Stone" comic event, Isolation, and The Cold Forge, and it falls squarely on the "ambiguous" side of whether the Alien in 'Alien3' came from a dog or an ox, and it's also ambiguous on whether the Derelict was destroyed in 'Aliens'. It also references actual narrative elements from the William Gibson Alien3 draft beyond just the Union of Progressive Peoples, such as Anchorpoint Station (and its destruction) and the nuclear proliferation treaty (although in the RPG's narrative, it was the Patna, the WY ship from 'Alien3', that violates the treaty on its way to Fury 161 rather than the Sulaco drifting towards Anchorpoint station).

Like there's a shitload of stuff in here, it's wild.

Wait, Isolation is in there? Does it have Working Joes?

Also cool that the UPP is in there.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Young Freud posted:

Wait, Isolation is in there? Does it have Working Joes?

Also cool that the UPP is in there.

I’d have to check on if Working Joes have gameplay stats, but there is at least an image of one. Seegson, Sevastopol Station (and its destruction), both get extensive references as well.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Oh drat that's really cool. Props to the devs/writers for incorporating so many cool EU things.

Although it turns out that I had read most of it, I received my mint copy of Platinum Edition in the mail. drat do these comics look better in person, seriously fantastic art. Gotta try an find a copy of Labyrinth (and the Backlash(?) two part intro) that Xenomrph didn't already pick up for this thread.

Now to start Cold Forge :)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The two part prologue is Backsplash, and I’m almost positive every collected reprint of Labyrinth has included it.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Nice, thanks for the info.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://news.toyark.com/2019/11/21/lanard-toys-producing-4-inch-scale-aliens-figures-371195

I'm the guy punching a xenomorph while riding a motorcycle.

EDIT:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Steam sale!!!

AvP Classic 2000. 75% off for...... $1.24.

AvP 2010 80% off for $2.99.

No reason to not get these.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Steam sale!!!

AvP Classic 2000. 75% off for...... $1.24.

AvP 2010 80% off for $2.99.

No reason to not get these.

Oh hell yeah!
Thanks for the heads up!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Hrrrgh, I'm trying to lay eggs for the hive, but I'm dummy thick and the clap of my rear end cheeks keeps em poppin back in.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Giant Posable Action Creature would be a great username

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Giant Posable Action Creature would be a great Tinder profile heading.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I'm the guy punching a xenomorph while riding a motorcycle.

Tron cycles are idea for fighting xenomorphs.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

Hrrrgh, I'm trying to lay eggs for the hive, but I'm dummy thick and the clap of my rear end cheeks keeps em poppin back in.

Are we still horneyposting?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Vagabundo posted:

When did we stop?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

When did we stop?

There was never a time when we weren't horneyposting, so technically we never started as that would imply there was a time we were not.

Horneyposting is the natural state of things.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Vagabundo posted:

Fake edit: damnit, I started clicking on more Robocop gifs and now I'm going to have to watch it again sometime this weekend.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wifi Toilet posted:

Fake edit: damnit, I started clicking on more Robocop gifs and now I'm going to have to watch it again sometime this weekend.

Dead or alive, you're cumming with me.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Vagabundo posted:

Dead or alive, you're cumming with me.

Cum quietly or there will be trouble.

e: Well give the man a handjob

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 29, 2019

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The fact Veerhoven filmed extra scenes of "Not My Problem" blew my mind. Young me wished that show was real.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wifi Toilet posted:

Cum quietly or there will be trouble.

e: Well give the man a handjob

Cobra rear end Cannon. State of the art BANG BANG!

I like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Android Apocalypse posted:

The fact Veerhoven filmed extra scenes of "Not My Problem" blew my mind. Young me wished that show was real.
I don't remember much about the Robocop TV show but I remember captain cash being amazing