Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

That kind of IS the reason, Devin. He released the aid only after Congress started sniffing around.

"Oh so you think just because the complaint I hid from congress came to light that suddenly I would do the thing? SUREEEEE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Nunes breaking out the 'no u' defense in his opening statement to rebut Schiff.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Lol Nunes is such a bitch

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Ahahahah nude photos of Trump? Oh my god Nunes

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

I should go watch "Caught Up" again.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wait wait back up:

Dems were trying to get ukranian (russian) Trump dick pics?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I think Nunes is confusing the word "democrat" with "republican" here

Man Schiff is a stone statue

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

ewiley posted:

Ahahahah nude photos of Trump? Oh my god Nunes

He's mentioned them in every opening statement of his I've had the misfortune to hear. He is really, really convinced that a) there is nothing more embarrassing than a picture of oneself, naked b) this is about embarrassing Trump, not about reinforcing that presidents aren't supposed to withhold aid in exchange for political favors.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

HootTheOwl posted:

Wait wait back up:

Dems were trying to get ukranian (russian) Trump dick pics?

There was a prank that pulled-in both Republican and Dems, but it was more like telling a staffer to 'yeah get more info' than actively persuing anything

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It doesn't appear that Nunes updated his remarks to reflect yesterday's testimony at all. He's still just spouting the same bullshit with no regard for reality whatsoever

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I love the part when Schiff thanks him for his batshit statement.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Here we go with more bullshit

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

E-flat posted:

I think Nunes is confusing the word "democrat" with "republican" here

I was thinking the same thing.

It's like that therapy thing where you write a hate letter to someone but change or remove the recipient's name.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

TAKE THE BAIT NUNES

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
LOOK AT ME! I'M HOLDING UP PAPER!!

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
"We will pass this packet out to the two witnesses so they... have a recollection of their... memory."

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

There Bias Two posted:

It doesn't appear that Nunes updated his remarks to reflect yesterday's testimony at all. He's still just spouting the same bullshit with no regard for reality whatsoever

I guess you could say "He got cot" not checking the notes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This statement is for Fox News and more importantly for Trump.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Were this a wrestling show, the crowd would be chanting "BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!" by now

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

Schiff doesn't acknowledge it, just moves that stack of bullshit off to the side and moves on.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

NO!!!!! He was supposed thank Nunes for his statement!

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/julianborger/status/1197520862699773966

Is it illegal for members of congress to duel, or only if the duel is to the death, and also can the duel be on pay-per-vie..... oh he probably means "asking dumb questions and getting undesired answers" :eng99:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1197521967777222656?s=20

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
nunes trying to lift schiffs style. the "they got caught" poo poo echos schiff's closing statements yesterday.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

zonohedron posted:

https://twitter.com/julianborger/status/1197520862699773966

Is it illegal for members of congress to duel, or only if the duel is to the death, and also can the duel be on pay-per-vie..... oh he probably means "asking dumb questions and getting undesired answers" :eng99:

I wouldn't mind seeing Nunes getting a good caning

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
A good measure of how little the Republicans have here is how little Nunes' opening rant has changed over the past week. His position doesn't intersect with reality except at its most distant periphery, so it doesn't have to be revised in response to emerging facts or testimony. He just keeps parroting the same Russian disinformation.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1197522132294610944

Clearly Mr Trump has never been in the same house as my mother while she was on the phone, or in the same house as someone on the phone with her...

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

zonohedron posted:

Clearly Mr Trump has never been in the same house as my mother while she was on the phone, or in the same house as someone on the phone with her...

Hey, I think we have the same mom, because I can hear every word on the other end when she gets a phone call when I'm at her house.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Holmes looks like clip art of a '50s G-man.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

zonohedron posted:

Trump low-key admitting he needs a hearing aid and won't wear one here.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I am waiting for one of these witnesses to have a Welch moment and call out Nunes, Jordan, or Ratcliffe for their total lack of honesty, integrity, or honor. Americans don't respond well to these long, drawn out chess games, even if the end result is obvious and inevitable. Americans need something dramatic and easy to digest.
The Democrats don't have the balls to play that game, but one of these witnesses really need to put those douchebags in their place.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

SubG posted:

A good measure of how little the Republicans have here is how little Nunes' opening rant has changed over the past week. His position doesn't intersect with reality except at its most distant periphery, so it doesn't have to be revised in response to emerging facts or testimony. He just keeps parroting the same Russian disinformation.

I really want people in the audience to start speaking along word for word when he starts in on his repetitive spiel like they're bored college kids at convocation trolling the speaker.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SchrodingersCat posted:

I am waiting for one of these witnesses to have a Welch moment and call out Nunes, Jordan, or Ratcliffe for their total lack of honesty, integrity, or honor. Americans don't respond well to these long, drawn out chess games, even if the end result is obvious and inevitable. Americans need something dramatic and easy to digest.
The Democrats don't have the balls to play that game, but one of these witnesses really need to put those douchebags in their place.

this is a terrible idea and exactly what the far right wants

some "Sir, have you no honor?" bullshit is not helping us

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im hoping fiona goes on the attack about the constant repeating of russian BS

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Holmes: we had great success with the anti-corruption thing, except the prosecutor-general didn't like Amb. Y. because he didn't like the anti- part, and so he made unsupported allegations, because he figured Republicans were stupid enough to believe them

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Oracle posted:

I really want people in the audience to start speaking along word for word when he starts in on his repetitive spiel like they're bored college kids at convocation trolling the speaker.

Just start WHAT-ing him.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Or...

Shouting into the phone at a volume loud enough to be heard by other people in the room AND not being able to hear other calls are both signs Trump is going deaf.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SubG posted:

Holmes looks like clip art of a '50s G-man.

DC Confidential

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SchrodingersCat posted:

Aside from Schiff, the D's on this committee are REALLY weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao what is this loving brain chowder supposed to mean?