Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

I caught up on the thread last night. Am I too late for a tag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
woah did anyone else's audio just go out for a few seconds there? I must be having a tough time finding a good stream...

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Schiff is the perfect person for this job

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

eke out posted:

this is a terrible idea and exactly what the far right wants

some "Sir, have you no honor?" bullshit is not helping us

why not

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

SubG posted:

Holmes looks like clip art of a '50s G-man.

It's David the robot from Prometheus.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Aside from Schiff, the D's on this committee are REALLY weak.

Some are yes, but I think it’s more that Schiff is sooooooo much better than them at questioning witnesses.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Hah!

"Every time Rudy gets involved, he F-'s everything up."

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"Dammit Rudy. Everytime Rudy gets involved he fucks everything up."

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

"Rudy fucks everything up" has been read into the record.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL Guiliani representing himself as an advisor to Pence

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

eke out posted:

this is a terrible idea and exactly what the far right wants

some "Sir, have you no honor?" bullshit is not helping us

The far right is just generating soundbites. They know Trump will be acquitted in the Senate and are just prepping for 2020.

The Democrats need to be a lot more aggressive with this process, and less about :decorum:.

Here is the thing about playing chess when your opponent is playing checkers: the average person has no loving clue how to play chess. When your opponent lands on your side and says "King me" it looks like he is winning.

Just look at the fact that, as of yesterday, the Senate committees are still talking about serving subpoenas on the Bidens and Alexandra "Cheesy Gordita Crunch" Chalupa. They are playing the long game.

SchrodingersCat fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 21, 2019

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pacerhimself posted:

Lmao what is this loving brain chowder supposed to mean?

He's saying it's not possible for someone sitting next to Sondland in a restaurant to overhear Trump's side of the convo on the cell phone.

Which any young person sitting next to a boomer who just took a call on their iPhone knows is not accurate at all.

No, Mom, you don't need to summarize the call you just had. I got to hear both sides perfectly well.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jay Leno...?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

pacerhimself posted:

He's trying to say that no one could have possibly heard his phone call from a distance because he has the world's best ears and has never done that before.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Even not working a job being at a grocery store you’ll see older people with phones you can hear the other side clearly without speakerphone.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1197526422430072836

this is part of what Rudy's being investigated for, and I wouldn't be surprised if we learn Rick Perry's part of taht investigation

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

The girl sitting behind Holmes is exhibiting big Shuckasanders' kid sister energy.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

eke out posted:

this is part of what Rudy's being investigated for, and I wouldn't be surprised if we learn Rick Perry's part of taht investigation

As a Texan this would be an unexpected bonus

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

E-flat posted:

As a Texan this would be an unexpected bonus

Only in the sense that it would be unexpected for there to be any consequences for him, though.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

SchrodingersCat posted:

Just look at the fact that, as of yesterday, the Senate committees are still talking about serving subpoenas on the Bidens and Alexandra "Cheesy Gordita Crunch" Chalupa. They are playing the long game.

...so what?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

zonohedron posted:

Only in the sense that it would be unexpected for there to be any consequences for him, though.

touche

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

pacerhimself posted:

That it's IMPOSSIBLE to hear the other side of a phone conversation unless it's in speakerphone, as everyone knows. The sound waves are beamed directly into the brain of the listener and do not propagate, and volume controls on a phone are not a thing that exist.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Jay Leno!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My key takeaway from all these hearings is that Trump tries to do all the crimes, but he's too lazy and unorganized to complete most of them.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

It telegraphs what their angle is. They are already looking past acquitting Trump and maneuvering for 2020. The Democrats are approaching this as though the Senate will act in good faith and hold a real trial. The actions of Senate Republicans in light of the evidence bring revealed in these hearings very much indicates that they will not do so. The Democrats need to be a lot more aggressive in terms of getting things out there in very simple, digestible 4th grade language that the American public will understand.

In short, they need to stop low-key dunking on Nunes and Jordan and start publically calling them on their BS.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

SchrodingersCat posted:

Alexandra Chalupa wants to testify, though:
https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/1194626974515253250

Also, I have to wonder what would have happened if Holmes had taken the stairs two at a time to keep up with Sondland and hadn't gotten stopped by Yermak's assistant.

"the president's voice was loud and recognizable" Does Trump even know how to speak quietly, phone or otherwise?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

holy poo poo lmao that A$AP stuff

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Wait, Sondland called the actual WH and not Trumps personal phone?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SchrodingersCat posted:

It telegraphs what their angle is. They are already looking past acquitting Trump and maneuvering for 2020. The Democrats are approaching this as though the Senate will act in good faith and hold a real trial. The actions of Senate Republicans in light of the evidence bring revealed in these hearings very much indicates that they will not do so. The Democrats need to be a lot more aggressive in terms of getting things out there in very simple, digestible 4th grade language that the American public will understand.

please stop making bad USPOL posts in this thread and take them to USPOL where they can be mocked as deserved, rather than fall by the wayside here

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
Impeachment thread: You can tell the Kardashians you tried

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Retro42 posted:

Wait, Sondland called the actual WH and not Trumps personal phone?

Huh...so there should be a record of that.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i like that he clarified that yeah, i probably could hear it because Sondland held it away from his ear since trump was yelling so loud

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

Kardashians and ASAP Rocky literally mentioned in impeachment hearings.

This timeline owns.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Honestly that A$AP Rocky keeps comming up is the best part of these hearings.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

“Zelinsky loves your rear end”

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

wow, play the racism card and have a ticker tape when he gets home.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

"you can tell the Kardashians you tried" :stare:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

holmes has done a good job contextualizing just how much this hosed up their attempts to actually do their jobs in addition to being obviously immoral and wrong

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

canepazzo posted:

"you can tell the Kardashians you tried" :stare:

More foreign policy conducted for personal gains? PLEASE let this be an article. Let ASAP Rocky be the one to defeat trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

eke out posted:

holmes has done a good job contextualizing just how much this hosed up their attempts to actually do their jobs in addition to being obviously immoral and wrong

he keeps bringing up the three amigos in this context pointing out they're kind of bumbling, sketchy idiots