Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

silvergoose posted:

We haven't seen a single person in the good place right? Just the staff?

No, but there must be someone in there. They said no one got in in the last 500 years, so before that it might have been rare but someone should be there besides the staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Sure but we don't know if they have people Janets serving their every need, or a boring heavenscape with no pleasure allowed, or blissful oblivion, or what.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

silvergoose posted:

We haven't seen a single person in the good place right? Just the staff?
I've always assumed the Patagonia vest crew were good place humans. That said if nobody's been admitted for 500 years the people in the good place are probably still amazed they're not constantly dying of what are now easily preventable diseases and haven't got around to talking to management.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

qirex posted:

I've always assumed the Patagonia vest crew were good place humans. That said if nobody's been admitted for 500 years the people in the good place are probably still amazed they're not constantly dying of what are now easily preventable diseases and haven't got around to talking to management.

They're definitely not humans, they're the equivalent to Michael and the others running the Bad Place.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

They're definitely not humans, they're the equivalent to Michael and the others running the Bad Place.

Yeah the show has gone out of it's way to not show any other humans in the afterlife but the original 4 and the 3 from the next batch.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah the show has gone out of it's way to not show any other humans in the afterlife but the original 4 and the 3 from the next batch.

And Mindy.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Michael is an honorary human now. There was a ceremony and everything.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hey, quick question. In the preview images for the season, we saw Eleanor dressed in a halloween costume version of a demon. Is my memory failing me, or have we not seen that yet in this season?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Is tonight the last episode of 2019?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/1197507486036774913

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is tonight the last episode of 2019?

wait what?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yes, this is the last episode of 2019, and then it will return
in January.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's not terribly unusual for network shows to go on hiatus between Thanksgiving and New Year's and it's kinda crazy that we have the same conversation every year.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 21, 2019

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Next week is Thanksgiving and then it's the December Dead Zone so no surprises here.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

bull3964 posted:

It's not terribly unusual for network shows to go on hiatus between Thanksgiving and New Year's and it's kinda crazy that we have the same conversation every year.

It's not really, for the simple reason that it's mostly a US thing to my knowledge and a lot of goons don't live in the US and so aren't used to it because their own national broadcasts don't do that.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

tsob posted:

It's not really, for the simple reason that it's mostly a US thing to my knowledge and a lot of goons don't live in the US and so aren't used to it because their own national broadcasts don't do that.

Even still, we have the same goddamn exasperated "why is this show not on" for every single network show thread during this time period going back since this subforum was created and likely before that when it was just GBS. Even if you don't live in the US, you should know by now the same way most people on this forum from the US knows that the UK usually has Christmas day special episodes of shows.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

bull3964 posted:

Even still, we have the same goddamn exasperated "why is this show not on" for every single network show thread during this time period going back since this subforum was created and likely before that when it was just GBS. Even if you don't live in the US, you should know by now the same way most people on this forum from the US knows that the UK usually has Christmas day special episodes of shows.

I think what you're failing to account for is that it's likely to be mostly different people each year, not the same group of people doing so every year.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I actually prefer it this way to having reruns.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
And I’ve posted about the break at least twice in this thread and the prior one, for all the good it does.

pwn posted:

We don’t know for sure, yet; the previous schedule showed that there were three eps in November and 1 on December 5. The December show has since been removed from the schedule. Meaning, instead of a minimum of 4 episodes left to air when the show returns on January 9 (we assume,) there will be 5. And possibly 6, or even a maximum of 7*. But we really have no way of knowing, until a final schedule is released for January and beyond.

What I can tell you, is the the names of next three episodes! :monocle:

11.07 Help is Other People
11.14 The Funeral to End All Funerals
11.21 The Answer

Enjoy them, because there looks to be a six-week break between episodes

Now the schedule is confirmed: New episodes January 9, 16, 23, and 29, airing in the new time of 8:30/7:30c, with the 29th being a 90-minute finale, the last 30 minutes of which will be an aftershow panel interview by Seth Meyers.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
William Jackson Harper being just as super awkward about people being thirsty for him is amazing.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
He should of dressed up as some kind of delivery man while filming that skit. Or at least some type of revealing shorts.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lmao poor baby Chidi

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Poor Chidi

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Chidi Begins

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ohhh gently caress off with the theoretical physics lady

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arist posted:

Poor Chidi

:(

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Shut up

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The fork in the disposal is a reference to a previous episode, isn't it?

e: THE FORKING BOOTS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hahaha nice one evil Michael

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Hahaha nice one evil Michael

"No torture too small."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tahani

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
She seems fun.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Where I’m from, things blow up all the time.

Tahani is everyone’s soul mate at one point

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

THIS IS A GREAT EPISODE SO FAR!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh my this scene is lovely

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh my this scene is lovely

One of my favorites in the show for sure

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm not crying your crying

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Foot Lager is a good name for a pub.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

We're gonna end on some nutso cliffhanger, aren't we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

We're gonna end on some nutso cliffhanger, aren't we?

I expect nothing else.