Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lao_Ai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm a eunuch, I cucked my lord and now my bastard is an emperor, how do i get out of this

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

quote:

According to Sima Qian's Records of the Grand Historian, Lao Ai had a giant penis, being of such size as being able to be used as an axle for a wooden carriage.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Even better:

quote:

Without popular support, military training, numbers or sufficient organisation, Lao Ai's followers were quickly defeated.
Savage

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Teleporting Cuck Kings III

New thread title pls

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You know you've made it when the Records of the Grand Historian specifically mentions the size of your hog.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Game lacks cuckquean or alpha bull character focus, 0/10 for realism

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Funky Valentine posted:

Look, whoever's loving my wife and making Quick Strong kids, he can keep doing it.

I'm just thinking now how it would be great if in CK3 there was a religious option to enable concubines for your spouse. Just build a stable of strong/genius/attractive men to bang your wife and then have the children be of your dynasty.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i mean that's just polygamy and stuffing your harem with prime slabs of amazonian or achillan meat is already how we do in here regularly

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Coolguye posted:

i mean that's just polygamy and stuffing your harem with prime slabs of amazonian or achillan meat is already how we do in here regularly
What Cheshire Cat described is not typical polygamy.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I'm just thinking now how it would be great if in CK3 there was a religious option to enable concubines for your spouse. Just build a stable of strong/genius/attractive men to bang your wife and then have the children be of your dynasty.

The Church of Berth Ell Pup

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

same

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

quote:

Lao Ai was punished by being dismembered and torn apart by five horses

:dong:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

while it's cool that there's a build your own heresy feature coming in, i wouldn't mind if there were a way to participate in some good old fashioned church controversies where there's a small window when a new sect appears, but before it gets the official church banhammer, where theologians gather, discuss, debate and decide whether the sect belongs within the mainline religion or not

the best known church controversies, at least within christianity, take place either before the game begins or after but there's a couple other ones like orthodox bishops deciding whether or not they'd be better off just recognizing the pope that could pop up as a event in game where you can spend money to send your court theologian to argue your preferred case, the game could even invent a couple novel controversies to arise

it'd make the heresy/orthodox system feel a little more organic to me

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It'd be cool if adopting Roman culture and/or Hellenism allowed you to adopt somebody as your heir. Think Julius Caesar and Augustus.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or meritocracy for more religions, but with a bigger downside

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

a fatguy baldspot posted:

The amount of adultery and suspected adultery in CK2 is far too high to be historically accurate. Adultery (by the wife) should occur perhaps once in 20 generations.

Lmao (by the wife)

It was even lower, 1-2% by generation in Flanders over the last 400 years

https://www.gnxp.com/WordPress/2013/10/27/forefathers-fierce-foremothers-faithful/

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rspb.2013.2400

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Charlz Guybon posted:

It was even lower, 1-2% by generation in Flanders over the last 400 years
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rspb.2013.2400

quote:

combining Y-chromosomal data to infer genetic patrilineages with genealogical and surname data, which reflect known historical presumed paternity.

Ruler's brothers, father, uncles all have the same Y chromosome, and wouldn't be considered cuckolding under that methodology

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

quote:

These studies have shown that median EPP rates are only between 1 and 3% in most Western European populations [11,21,23], although rates can be higher in low socioeconomic settings

Huh, I'd guess that it would be lower in poorer non-urban places cause people live in big families and also have relative freedom of marriage. But I guess here we talk about legitimate children. I guess the male lord's bastards do not count.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I FINALLY GOT THE IMMORTALITY CHAIN TO WORK! WOOHOO!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kassad posted:

It'd be cool if adopting Roman culture and/or Hellenism allowed you to adopt somebody as your heir. Think Julius Caesar and Augustus.

That would be interesting, especially if there were bonuses to incentivize it. Since at least under CK2 systems you'd be losing your bloodlines. So if you traded that for a more stable realm or a ruler with better stats, would be interesting. Of course I'd hope it also comes with a better Byzantine system. Where is the Emperor has a direct heir or appoints someone it goes to them, but there are strong claims given out and if the chosen ruler is bad, ie too young/bad stats, etc. it triggers a civil war. Rather than it being directly elective.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I was just thinking this the other day when my character died and had only had a daughter. So now I’m ruling a reformed Pagan Scandinavia as a women which feels pretty rough.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Eimi posted:

That would be interesting, especially if there were bonuses to incentivize it. Since at least under CK2 systems you'd be losing your bloodlines. So if you traded that for a more stable realm or a ruler with better stats, would be interesting. Of course I'd hope it also comes with a better Byzantine system. Where is the Emperor has a direct heir or appoints someone it goes to them, but there are strong claims given out and if the chosen ruler is bad, ie too young/bad stats, etc. it triggers a civil war. Rather than it being directly elective.

Yeah the Byzantine system is cool but the AI is all but incapable of actually maintaining a dynasty on the throne. It’s bizarre looking at the history and seeing dynasties lasting for decades and then as soon as the game starts The Byzantine throne becomes musical chairs.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah the Byzantine system is cool but the AI is all but incapable of actually maintaining a dynasty on the throne. It’s bizarre looking at the history and seeing dynasties lasting for decades and then as soon as the game starts The Byzantine throne becomes musical chairs.

Yeah like there should be more chances for civil war than in a normal realm, but who the Emperor names as an heir should be the heir and get the chance to defend their title. The real life problems were more emperors not bothering to name an heir at all or just not having kids. Or being murdered.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Tatsuta Age posted:

I FINALLY GOT THE IMMORTALITY CHAIN TO WORK! WOOHOO!
Man, I feel like the only time that event pops up for me is either when I have a thoroughly mediocre ruler that I'm just sort of waiting to die, or one who's missing multiple body parts and is hated by everyone :smith:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Even without the high failure chance, I'm honestly not of fan of getting immortality. Changing from an old ruler to a new one is always eventful and interesting. And trying to adjust your realm after a leader with great stats is replaced by someone not as good is one of the few challenges after you hit late game that aren't self-imposed.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

SirPhoebos posted:

Even without the high failure chance, I'm honestly not of fan of getting immortality. Changing from an old ruler to a new one is always eventful and interesting. And trying to adjust your realm after a leader with great stats is replaced by someone not as good is one of the few challenges after you hit late game that aren't self-imposed.

My favorite surprise is finding out half my dynasts are secretly practicing heresies.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
half of the benefit in immortality is the bloodline you get out of it so i'd go for it even if you intend to force your current ruler to abdicate soon

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

You can also crank out kids for 500 years, landing all of them, and create the biggest succession crisis ever when you finally commit suicide.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Neurion posted:

You can also crank out kids for 500 years, landing all of them, and create the biggest succession crisis ever when you finally commit suicide.

wouldn’t most of your kids kids lose their claims after that long?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is such a punch in the dick sometimes. Doing the defender of the holy sepulchre and spent 40 years painstakingly conquering my home duchy and using pope invasions on Scotland and England and cleaning up my duchy. About 12 years before crusades fire I get the loving Satan spawn event and the little poo poo wipes out all of my sons who were gonna be my beneficiaries and now for some reason my only beneficiary is an old rear end female cousin. I was planning to make demon spawn my beneficiary but she’s now my only viable heir and thus unavailable to be my benificiary.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

a fatguy baldspot posted:

wouldn’t most of your kids kids lose their claims after that long?

You just reboot even century or so

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Crow Jane posted:

Man, I feel like the only time that event pops up for me is either when I have a thoroughly mediocre ruler that I'm just sort of waiting to die, or one who's missing multiple body parts and is hated by everyone :smith:

Even if your ruler is a demigod with 23+ skill for the highest tier of skillcheck in those events you still have only 10% chance of getting immortality without savescumming.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I was going to say I've never gotten the immortality chain, but then I remembered I never picked up Reapers Due.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Pyromancer posted:

Even if your ruler is a demigod with 23+ skill for the highest tier of skillcheck in those events you still have only 10% chance of getting immortality without savescumming.
I've gotten the immortality event at least 2 dozen times in ironman and still dont have the achievement for completing it. I usually always roll the dice even when I dont have a great ruler or council but at least half those times have been with 30+ in the relevant skill because of how OP hermetics are with learning or norse are for martial

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

lurksion posted:

I was going to say I've never gotten the immortality chain, but then I remembered I never picked up Reapers Due.

Hot take, Reapers Due sucks and makes the game worse, fight me

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's not my favourite either. I've never shot for immortality, disease outbreaks are whatever, and my doctor cutting off my dick because I have a headache is only funny so many times.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the only good result from the immortality chain is when you stab death in the face

costs you an eye, but absolutely loving legend.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
The good thing about Reaper Due is that with a good court physicist you (and your close family) actually seems to have a better chance against diseases in general

Apart from that is really the least interesting of the DLCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like random plagues