Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Endless Mike posted:

Nah, that's unstable molecules.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Well unless those are unstable molecule inks then...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

IUG posted:

Comedy answer: The next time she phases the ink falls right out onto the ground.

That would be really funny.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Nah, that's unstable molecules.

We've seen her do it with regular clothes often I'm pretty sure.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

IUG posted:

Tattoos and Judaism don't mix, last I checked. Seems like a drastic thing for her to throw away.

Some people give a poo poo about it, most don't. It's never stopped me.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

jng2058 posted:

Hey there, fellow Uncanny X-Men #176 bro! :hfive:

Hail!!!!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

IUG posted:

So I'm back on X-Men, having jumped off when Bendis took over. I know Kate went to space for a while, but this seems like a whole different personality for her. I'm half expecting the other characters to ask her what's really going on and there's some trauma that she's covering up. Besides the tattoos being tries-too-hard tattoos, hasn't she always had a certain connection with her faith? Tattoos and Judaism don't mix, last I checked. Seems like a drastic thing for her to throw away.

I know tons of people who are of the Jewish faith who have tattoos

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

I know tons of people who are of the Jewish faith who have tattoos

My brothers and myself for instance. We just don't tell my mom about the tats

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Madkal posted:

My brothers and myself for instance. We just don't tell my mom about the tats

Kate's parents are dead, right?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

danbanana posted:

Kate's parents are dead, right?

Her dad specifically died in the Genosha attack, can't remember what happened to her mom.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Her mother is apparently still alive, and it seems she was at her almost wedding to Peter:
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Theresa_Pryde_(Earth-616)/Appearances

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nevvy Z posted:

We've seen her do it with regular clothes often I'm pretty sure.
She can phase pretty much anything she's in contact with, so regular clothes aren't a problem.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

She can phase pretty much anything she's in contact with, so regular clothes aren't a problem.

Yeah, she regularly phases other people, like she does in the most recent issue of Marauders, clothing is only an issue when Rachel accidentally dresses her up as a baby.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wonder when the cutoff point for resurrections is? It obviously cant go further back than beyond Xavier getting Shiar tech and Forge building the thing. It wasnt strictly established was it?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Folks reading the current X-Men books: it makes the most sense to check out the HoX/PoX trade THEN the individual trades, so ignore the Dawn of X stuff, right?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11/25/marvel-collect-x-men-dawn-of-x-comics-2020/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There a minor references to each other in the new books, but so far it's no where near as connected to each other has House of X and Power of X, so unless you were planning on reading everything anyways, yeah I'd probably just get the individual titles.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

blast0rama posted:

Folks reading the current X-Men books: it makes the most sense to check out the HoX/PoX trade THEN the individual trades, so ignore the Dawn of X stuff, right?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11/25/marvel-collect-x-men-dawn-of-x-comics-2020/

So, no hardcovers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap3hwt-BcyM

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's an awful way to collect those.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

That's an awful way to collect those.

I'm assuming they're doing it so they can put out collections before any of the series have actually completed a story arc, so yeah, pretty loving terrible.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
That's extremely dumb. I'm guessing there's a shorter term overlapping story they are telling in issues 1-6 related to the ongoing new status quo, but still super dumb.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Skwirl posted:

There a minor references to each other in the new books, but so far it's no where near as connected to each other has House of X and Power of X, so unless you were planning on reading everything anyways, yeah I'd probably just get the individual titles.

Thanks!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What's this week? X force and new mutants?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fallen Angels, X-Force, New Mutants

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I hope X Force just reveals Xavier’s just fuckin’ dead, throat slashed, pancaked by a drunk dump truck driver

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Every issue ends with another gruesome death like he was Kenny on South Park.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

Every issue ends with another gruesome death like he was Kenny on South Park.

I would actually be on board with Percy embracing the mutant resurrection thing by giving X-Force a Milligan-era team bodycount but everyone just keeps coming back so it keeps a consistent team lineup.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nice

https://twitter.com/ClassicXMen/status/1198941902550294528?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nice

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Nice

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Claremont Number

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

in honor of Chris Claremont's 69th birthday, every X line book that comes out today will have at least 1 panel of Storm getting naked and taking a shower by generating a rain cloud for no real reason.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1199500649752399872?s=20

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

blast0rama posted:

I'm someone who doesn't buy a lot of Marvel comics, but reading HoX/PoX digitally really made me want to own this run in a fancy format. I've pre-ordered the hardback release that's out in a fortnight.

Thanks for linking this article, I'd come here to ask this exact question.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

in honor of Chris Claremont's 69th birthday, every X line book that comes out today will have at least 1 panel of Storm getting naked and taking a shower by generating a rain cloud for no real reason.

Also a reminder that her name translates as 'beauty.'

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I think those Dawn of X trades are a pretty cool idea. If you’re all in, you’ll get an issue of every book every three weeks. Plus, it might have a better flow if the books start weaving closer together.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

I think those Dawn of X trades are a pretty cool idea. If you’re all in, you’ll get an issue of every book every three weeks. Plus, it might have a better flow if the books start weaving closer together.

The author raises a good point though, you have to hope there will be a "Dawn of X vol 7" or it will be kind of messy afterwards.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Good news! New Mutants is still amazing. And X-Force is my first casualty because... yeesh.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
New Mutants:

Nice of Bobby to sign away his fortune and company like that

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CitizenKrang posted:

My first X-Men was this issue of X-Men classic.
Rereading it recently made me appreciate Claremont's knack for explaining everyone's powers in a way that ten-year-old me could understand. It's an annoying habit when reading a collection but for a kid with limited knowledge of the characters and no access to Wikipedia its cool to be able to pick a book up off the spinner rack at 7-11 and have it be newbie friendly and fairly self contained (granted this is a 2-parter, but it gives you all the info you need from the prior issue via flashback). Also, Doom and Arcade should team up more often.

Prior to ever actually reading any X-Men comics, the character bios in this game's manual were my only exposure the them. The game was trash but I remember obsessing over the manual which had info on all the characters, backstory on the Fall of the Mutants, and introduced me to the Watcher!

My first X-men was Issue 247 but it made no sense to me at time, which, makes sense because that story is basically all context-required.

The first one I read and resonated was Classic X-Men #59 which was the Brood invading New York with Deathbird, who I legit thought killed Colossus at the end. He wasn't in that later issue! I didn't know comics yet, but I had gotten X-Men cards before so I knew Colossus was a pretty big deal and I picked the issue up where he was KILLED.

Anyway Marauders is still really good. I didn't get today's Fallen Angels yet but I read the last one and it was really good, too. E

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

X-Force #2 was better than the first issue, mostly because of Kid Omega. But better isn't the same as good and they've got just one issue left to keep me on board, in line with my Three Issue Protocol.

Fallen Angels is likewise on the precipice. Most of the other books have at least some thematic links to the original books of that name. X-Men and New Mutants work especially well in that regard, but even X-Force has some carry over characters and the theme of "X-Men black ops team" still works. Excalibur is working hard on elements that were a big deal in the Claremont/Davis era, and especially so on the Davis solo books. Marauders, of course, is a brand new book with no predecessor unless you count Pirate Kitty from Kitty's Fairy Tale and the Nightcrawler mini. But Fallen Angels doesn't really have much to do with the old Fallen Angels mini, and instead seems to be aiming for "The OTHER X-Men black ops team" which just isn't working for me, not least of which because the keep backsliding Laura. (Where the hell is Gabby, anyway?) Not connecting to a title long left by the wayside isn't crippling, of course, but I'm having a hard time caring about brooding Psylocke, young man Cable, and out of character Laura. One issue left before I hit eject.

New Mutants continues to be a lot of fun. Of course they are kind of lampshading everywhere now that it was a really stupid idea to let Doug wander off into space, but that's part of the fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I dig the horror elements in X-force.