Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

holy gently caress lmao

wow! great news, everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Someone give me the highlights of the debate

How was sweet st Bernard

Biden: Blafrican Americans

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Just the whole two minutes around that, pure joy

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/della_morte_/status/1197379785124667393

they’re mad at bruenig again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Taintrunner posted:

they're getting loving desperate lol

yea you clearly do not get it~

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol what'd they think was gonna happen when they brought Moore on, dude is like hardcore left lately, big league, do they think he's the clownish buffoon they spent years painting him as?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

yea you clearly do not get it~

dope new (?) av

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't think anybody is attacking Ady except, but I do think it's fair to ask where all those things he says are included in her plan are actually located, because they are most definitely not in there, which is of course viewed as an attack by libs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

hmmm he's definitely hiding his power levels in this, still manages to piss a lot of them off tho

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

dope new (?) av

many people are saying this

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

I like how in his fawning portrayal he accidentally took the mask off how cops are terrible.

coke
Jul 12, 2009
Wait i think i got it.

By having a ton of random candidates in the Democratic primary process, it dilutes the vote of everyone so no single candidate can easily get the 2/3 majority.

Which leaves the remaining 1/3 unpledged super delegates able to choose whatever they want despite the outcome of the primary

quote:

Under the reform package, in future Democratic Conventions, about two-thirds of superdelegates would be bound to the results of state primaries and caucuses. The remaining one-third—members of Congress, governors, and distinguished party leaders—would remain unpledged and free to support the candidate of their choice.[10]

And the result can be galvanized and legitimatized by the polls skewed any way they want with the targeted polling practice where you can essentially get any sort of result you wish by adjusting the demographic of those polls (lol @ polling people with post grad degrees mostly).

So even if bernie gets 49% of the delegates while biden or warren get like 18%, they can essentially still end up with over 51% of the delegate counts if you combine that with 1/3 of superdelegates.

And deep down we all already knew how the superdelegates will vote.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

lol.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

coke posted:

Wait i think i got it.

By having a ton of random candidates in the Democratic primary process, it dilutes the vote of everyone so no single candidate can easily get the 2/3 majority.

Which leaves the remaining 1/3 unpledged super delegates able to choose whatever they want despite the outcome of the primary

And the result can be galvanized and legitimatized by the polls skewed any way they want with the targeted polling practice where you can essentially get any sort of result you wish by adjusting the demographic of those polls (lol @ polling people with post grad degrees mostly).

So even if bernie gets 49% of the delegates while biden or warren get like 18%, they can essentially still end up with over 51% of the delegate counts if you combine that with 1/3 of superdelegates.

The cool part is that when bernie wins the majority of pledged delegates and they pick biden we get 4 more years of trump and the democratic party dies forever

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

dope new (?) av

thank u :sun:

the vision was realized through the efforts of fellow c-spam comrades and their labor compensation will go towards donation of lowtax's spine, bernie sanders, and jess scarane namaste

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

lol what'd they think was gonna happen when they brought Moore on, dude is like hardcore left lately, big league, do they think he's the clownish buffoon they spent years painting him as?

I mean, yeah. They also think crazy bernie is half-dead and unlikable, and then their bubble gets pierced and they stare dumbfounded and angry.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

coke posted:

Wait i think i got it.

if they ratfuck us there's gonna be a loving riot tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tetracube posted:

its going to happen, OP

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Byzantine posted:

I mean, yeah. They also think crazy bernie is half-dead and unlikable, and then their bubble gets pierced and they stare dumbfounded and angry.

yeah we like to pretend they are some genius manipulators but really they just buy into their own narratives hard

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tetracube posted:

I'm gonna be at the DNC and it's great to know I'm gonna have a good time no matter what lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eonwe posted:

its going to happen, OP

:wrong:

Bernie Sanders is going to win.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tetracube posted:

I'm going to Milwaukee this summer :)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

I'm gonna be at the DNC and it's great to know I'm gonna have a good time no matter what lmao

Yo let's meet up there

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Tetracube posted:

*Ron Howard voice* There wasn't a riot after Bernie got ratfucked.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do not believe in the DNCs ability to ratfuck effectively

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do not believe in the DNCs ability to ratfuck effectively

they did it against bernard in 2016, even if they sucked at it

so they'll at least try

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yo let's meet up there

if ur going through Indy on your way let's take the train up and get hammered in the bar car while hooting and hollaring about BERNIE

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

eonwe posted:

they did it against bernard in 2016, even if they sucked at it

so they'll at least try
I would say what enabled that was Clinton buying all their debt forcing them to all line up behind her. When they don't have clear marching orders like that they're disorganized, which is good for Bernie.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

if ur going through Indy on your way let's take the train up and get hammered in the bar car while hooting and hollaring about BERNIE

Hey get me a job on the bernie campaign <:mad:>

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

coke posted:

Wait i think i got it.

Superdelegates don't vote in the first round. If Bernie is 50%+1 they never get involved. Which is why the no hopers will never drop out. They want to make sure no one gets to 50% and they can be kingmakers with their handful of delegates at the convention.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Studio posted:

Hey get me a job on the bernie campaign <:mad:>

buddy I barely have the time to get stuff done with the local groups I'm involved in, much less do hiring for BERNIE lmao

I'm going to the DNC because it's relatively close and I don't have any events I'm working that weekend

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

bernie sanders will win iowa with 100% of the delegates when all the other candidates fail to hit 15%, precipitating a massive landslide win in all subsequent states

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Bernie with the concealer. Concealing what I wonder. His love of communism? Common sense legislation that benefits all Americans? A massive hog? Only time will tell.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

turn off the TV posted:

i can't figure out why this 720p screenshot of a televised debate makes this guy's face look less wrinkly than this downscaled 8000x5000 photograph taken by a professional photographer

LIZARD PEOPLE

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

coke posted:

Wait i think i got it.

That’s 1/3 of the super delegates but it’s not 1/3 of delegates. The convention loving would come in one or more of these flavors:

Cool Ranch Credentialing: just say enough Bernie delegates filled out some form wrong or w/e and disqualify them

Spicy Super Delegates: where a very tight race is thrown by those few unpledged supers

Nacho Rules: oops we changed the rules to run the vote as a voice vote or whatever to mean the chair wins gently caress the delegates

Velveeta Vote-a-rama: no one gets the majority, super delegates are freed and chaos reigns

Of course you can mix and match, the suicide option as they say.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
ady barkan is dying and using his time left to emulate a good friend of bernie sanders john mccain

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

buddy I barely have the time to get stuff done with the local groups I'm involved in, much less do hiring for BERNIE lmao

I'm going to the DNC because it's relatively close and I don't have any events I'm working that weekend

Ugh FINE i'll just volunteer again

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Taintrunner posted:

lmao

e:

https://twitter.com/sterling_penny/status/1197377064418066437

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Nov 22, 2019

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Shageletic posted:

Just the whole two minutes around that, pure joy

The look of disgust that Kamala gave him, is the most I've ever liked Kamala.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

bernie would win a third party run too imo