Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Golbez posted:

well ok :v: It's from my first wave of videos to get times for everything, it could definitely be done better (mainly, being closer to the SHU when it launches), I'm now going back through and getting times for all the secondary and bonus goals, and then I'll actually work on improving times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlhmMYG5DuM

superb shooting gamma 1

now I gotta think about the other notorious missions in that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

New GDQ policy has been announced: "Fans of genocide, racism, chauvinism, and anti-LGBTQ policies are cool and good, thus will continue to get extended run timeslots. Body shamers are literally worse than HitlerGravelord Neato."

I wish I could get excited about this upcoming event, but dumpsters gonna dump... I guess.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I wish some of you would get this mad at ESA.

Like, no, seriously, help me. GDQ actually does ban people from time to time who are clearly courting plausible deniability in bad faith, ESA can't even muster that much.

https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1195944370605903872

Anyway, I picked up IllBleed a couple of weeks ago. That dreamcast survival horror thing SuperGreatFriend did an LP of.

i've cut about 13 minutes off the WR since so like hey cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fhIWdDblP4

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MagusofStars posted:

This is a sign telling you to wear Yetee video game shirts more regularly.

I have, like, three of those. I think I wore one of them the day before too.

Dias fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 22, 2019

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Like, no, seriously, help me. GDQ actually does ban people from time to time who are clearly courting plausible deniability in bad faith, ESA can't even muster that much.

Is ESA even a thing still? They had like one good year where everything didn't go wrong.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Still there, still very euro.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I've definitely thought about this while watching random vods on their youtube channel, but don't know where to even begin beyond a cursory Google search. I'm guessing Twitter is probably the next step, but that doesn't seem like enough considering how many vile fools expose themselves in extremely insular Discords. Do the people who run ESA even pretend to care?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

BaconCopter posted:

I've definitely thought about this while watching random vods on their youtube channel, but don't know where to even begin beyond a cursory Google search. I'm guessing Twitter is probably the next step, but that doesn't seem like enough considering how many vile fools expose themselves in extremely insular Discords. Do the people who run ESA even pretend to care?

Sort of, they put out a public apology the time they allowed a guy who's been a consistent problem character at these events to nevertheless have a run where they then naturally made a bunch of incredible questionable suicide/gay jokes and hosed everything up a bunch. But it was still only an apology, they didn't actually like, kick the guy out of the event or anything. As far as I've been told from one of the founders, they've actually literally never banned anyone from the event proper, at best people get banned from being on-stream.

so you know they care enough to apologise but not enough to exercise literally any foresight whatsoever.

ESA gets a bit of a slightly unfair rap as "the place you go when you think GDQ is a bit too PC these days" which they don't wholly deserve necessarily but I don't think they do enough to push back on that idea either, so it ends up sort of justifying it in a different way.

i've had actual conservations face to face with their staff about this many many many many times and for the most part they seem good-natured but a bit lacking spine, for want of a better word? The phrase "plausible deniability" comes up a lot as a reason for inaction.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i would get mad at esa for allowing bad people but tbh i do not follow esa or know much about the euro sr scene or any of its drama

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

People don't post about ESA because tbqh people don't care about it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

Still there, still very euro.

and Big Jon is there sometimes

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Studio posted:

People don't post about ESA because tbqh people don't care about it.

Even I don't really care about ESA and I'm a euro. I find it a little too lax in how it's run, and I really dislike having two streams- for real having more choice is actually a bad thing because it makes deciding what to watch effort. I'm a lazy poo poo who wants to turn on The Stream and see what being run. That's not even counting the two BAD options of having the 2nd stream in another room (dead) or, like last time, in the same room (AUDIO BLEED IS A BITCH). I did tune into the last one more than usual, as Sir Large Jonathan was all over the schedule which was nice, but it was still a lot worse than RPGLB and the GDQs. Not even much if a contest... drat Americans are just better at putting on a show I guess :v:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Quake 3 movement time attack mod Defrag is having it's semi-annual-ish tournament the Defrag World Cup. Currently on round 3. This year's round 1 got a record 300+ demo submissions.

7 completely blind maps, 1 week per map, may be of interest with the recent eye on quake stuff. The weekly streams are some of the best speedrun spectator experiences to me as you watch worst to best times and see the routes and execution get crazier and crazier. It's like one of those world record refinement videos just with what 40 insane slavs can accomplish in seven days.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
All this is making me sadder we're not getting PUWP Winter, the only good speedrunning marathon other than PUWP Summer

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Quake 3 movement time attack mod Defrag is having it's semi-annual-ish tournament the Defrag World Cup. Currently on round 3. This year's round 1 got a record 300+ demo submissions.

7 completely blind maps, 1 week per map, may be of interest with the recent eye on quake stuff. The weekly streams are some of the best speedrun spectator experiences to me as you watch worst to best times and see the routes and execution get crazier and crazier. It's like one of those world record refinement videos just with what 40 insane slavs can accomplish in seven days.
drat it, Dis! Stop having such good recommendations both here and elsewhere!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Studio posted:

I submitted Dicey to AGDQ, but the bid war was only for Jester, Warrior, Thief, Inventor because Robot and Witch are waaaay too inconsistent.
Is Jester fastest because the limit break actively ends fights, or is Thief faster cause gently caress yeah thief owns, or?

Anyway, I picked up IllBleed a couple of weeks ago. That dreamcast survival horror thing SuperGreatFriend did an LP of.
Don't forget that Killerman is Killerman

(is it faster to get that wrong or right?)

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

DisDisDis posted:

I don't have any photosensitivity or motion sickness problems but holy poo poo those TASes are nauseating to watch.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is Jester fastest because the limit break actively ends fights, or is Thief faster cause gently caress yeah thief owns, or?

Don't forget that Killerman is Killerman

(is it faster to get that wrong or right?)

In terms of speed:
Warrior>thief>inventor>robot>jester>witch

The problem with Jester is that everything they do besides limit break is slow.

Warrior is fastest because you just mash good attacks

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Studio posted:

In terms of speed:
Warrior>thief>inventor>robot>jester>witch
Super surprised Robot is faster than Jester, because it seems super RNG-heavy, although I guess the Buster Sword mitigates that somewhat

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Super surprised Robot is faster than Jester, because it seems super RNG-heavy, although I guess the Buster Sword mitigates that somewhat

I mean that's for The Fastest possible run. You go Jackpot for the high damage potential

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Fair, I was thinking marathon-safe strats :shobon:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Kikas posted:

Oh man you just reminded me how crazy Serious Sam 3 speedruns are with the stupid rear end rocket jumps that game has :allears:

he means system shock 1

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

oh my god this is so extremely my poo poo its not even funny

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

BaconCopter posted:

I wish I could get excited about this upcoming event, but dumpsters gonna dump... I guess.

I’m excited about the upcoming AGDQ. Cause I’ll be there.

Come find me if you want to get your rear end kicked at AGDQ 2020 (this offer is open to all)

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

On the topic of Q3 defrag, not sure if its linked from the official site but a streamer/quake commentator named zoot is quite good and streams his attempts every week. He does a really good reveal of the results each week with analysis of the top 40 runs.

https://twitch.tv/thisiszoot

pmcTRILOGY
Feb 9, 2014

MY BRAND!
Last week, GTA runner KZ_FREW discovered an old piece of shovelware based on the Miami Vice TV show that was released on PC, PS2, and Xbox (PAL only for the consoles).

I think his first run was like ~40 minutes but a half-dozen other people (me, too) joined in and discovered that most doors and other objects are suggestions because the PC version lacks a frame limiter (we limit at 300 fps).

The real A+ moment is that the the final boss fight sequence is deleted because clipping out of bounds and into the abyss in the right area of the level causes the boss to despawn and instantly passes the mission.

If you want a dumb speedgame about clipping through everything in less than 15 minutes, it's pretty easy to pick up and learn. WR is 10:13 at the moment.

https://www.speedrun.com/miami_vice_2004

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Violently Car posted:

I don't have any photosensitivity or motion sickness problems but holy poo poo those TASes are nauseating to watch.

at least in Quake only TAS strafes look like that. pour one out for CS bunnyhoppers...

e; also here's all the first place times from DFWC 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCO9QuV-cgM

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
ESA was the one started by the chud after they got kicked out from GDQ, right? or am i confusing it with another event i never think about it or watch

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Suspicious Dish posted:

ESA was the one started by the chud after they got kicked out from GDQ, right? or am i confusing it with another event i never think about it or watch

NASA was the chud one, I think.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Suspicious Dish posted:

I think that's NSA

e:

Unreal_One posted:

NASA was the chud one, I think.

lol I even got the acronym wrong

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That’s NASA, I think? Which is purposefully named to resemble ESA so that’s an easy mixup.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i dont think naegleria is a "chud", and i don't think he's banned from gdq.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
nasa is the marathon for those kind of people though, sadly.. year i went was fun though cuz the location was sweet

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

heeheex2 posted:

i dont think naegleria is a "chud", and i don't think he's banned from gdq.
There was a throwaway joke in the sgdq 2017 thread about him not being able to attend, so at some point?

Plus, yes, the chud founded the loving white power couch marathon:

xamphear posted:

Also racism, transphobia, homophobia, etc etc etc...

Check out their White Power couch: https://twitter.com/CruelFancyBaron/status/1004016131110301702
So yeah, dude's a chud, no, I don't have comprehensive receipts, but anyone who organizes that on purpose, yes, chud

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Fair, I was thinking marathon-safe strats :shobon:

I'm sorry but your posting has now been deemed Cowardly.

Also, here are my subs for the New Game GDQ block

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
They already denied my new game I'm running in the first go around :(

Something something goose game

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Mr. Maltose posted:

That’s NASA, I think? Which is purposefully named to resemble ESA so that’s an easy mixup.

I thought they were the same until this very moment.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SeXReX posted:

They already denied my new game I'm running in the first go around :(

Something something goose game

what kind of monsters say no to goose game

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

site posted:

goose wasn't in time for first round, and I didn't even submit it to second because there are other good geese.

I just have geese on the mind today, for some reason...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

site posted:

the people who apparently don't want a shitload of potentially new people to watch it because goose game is fuckoff huge right now

edit: or that, I guess