Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe she's still one of the creepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Atout's career path is weird because she was with Impact for a hot minute, then she was AEW for like a show after a big talk up, and now I half expect to never actually see her on MLW.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Muta confirmed for Janela's Spring Break 4, Mania weekend

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1196605440240627714

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

PWG december 20th

Orange Cassidy vs Tony Deppen
Mick Moretti vs Paris de Silva
JD Drake (debut) vs David Starr
Jake Atlas vs Blake Christian
Aramis & Horus vs Rascalz (non title)
Rey Fenix vs Jonathon Gresham
Bandido vs Jeff Cobb

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The PWG DVD sale started today.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

The weirdest thing about Alicia Atout in AEW was that they all started by all mispronouncing her last name and then just changed her name to Alicia A.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

The weirdest thing about Alicia Atout in AEW was that they all started by all mispronouncing her last name and then just changed her name to Alicia A.

In fairness, Alicia A Toot sounds goofy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know EVOLVE isn't an indie and is just another WWE minor league but let's pretend it is and post this here

https://twitter.com/wetheindie/status/1196917168191000576

Gabe sucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabe lost all his hard earned credibility the day he started going BUT WE HAVE WWE STARS as the draw for WWN shows. You could tell especially in the SHINE locker room that people were absolutely put out by this. Mostly because their bookings became even more laughable.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWE should outright shutter Evolve because nothing of value would be lost honestly. That or just make Evolve the new network like version of NXT where the people they dont use can wrestle or just loving something. Evolve is such a joke.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

WWE should outright shutter Evolve because nothing of value would be lost honestly. That or just make Evolve the new network like version of NXT where the people they dont use can wrestle or just loving something. Evolve is such a joke.

I still get their newsletter and its the saddest thing. Gabe hyping those pay to play seminars with current NXT guys leading them. Gabe hyping NXT guys who don't have locker in live only main events.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Evolve is running Tim Thatcher vs. WALTER in a few weeks here and it's basically the only combination of guys in the Evolve orbit that could remotely make me consider a ticket

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

They would never do that when this is a much more efficient way to exploit talent that barely gets their hands dirty. Get the guys you want on shows you don't have to run yourself and have your lackey "pay for" running the shows.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I started to wonder recently why they don't open third party bookings back up to both get ring time for and ease the mental ennui of the warehoused talent. Then I realized that they would consider it a liability as a public company and never do it.

...although it would have the byproduct of making the indie scene reliant on WWE, so I could see them liking that part.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bard Maddox posted:

Evolve is running Tim Thatcher vs. WALTER in a few weeks here and it's basically the only combination of guys in the Evolve orbit that could remotely make me consider a ticket

they booked Orange Cassidy vs the Velveteen Dream a while back

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Bard Maddox posted:

Which is funny considering when Tim was in Evolve nobody liked him (and the NYC crowd particularly heckle the poo poo out of him and will for probably the end of time). I used to be super into Evolve and even I didn't really like Thatcher until I started watching wXw.

Edit:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

they booked Orange Cassidy vs the Velveteen Dream a while back

Wasn't that match made based off a Twitter poll?

Vertigo Ambrosia fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 22, 2019

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Thatcher is legit one of my favorite wrestlers of all time and New York doesn’t deserve him if they all
Heckle him.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Which is funny considering when Tim was in Evolve nobody liked him (and the NYC crowd particularly heckle the poo poo out of him and will for probably the end of time). I used to be super into Evolve and even I didn't really like Thatcher until I started watching wXw.

To be fair, his run as champion basically killed his mystique in the US. The material he was given in EVOLVE was dogshit and didn’t suit his strengths at all but they kept on going that way for like a year and a half.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
thatcher vs zsj was basically the only beloved thatcher match i ever heard of in evolve and its also the one where he lost the belt and disappeared p soon after

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of OC, he's on Uncharted Territory tonight! Maybe they'll actually use him?!?!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thatcher is extremely my kind of wrestler and i wish he worked more places i could watch him

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

havent posted one of these in a while

AAW Pro Wrestling
presents
Unstoppable

Saturday, November 30th
Logan Square Auditorium
2539 N Kedzie Blvd
Chicago, IL
7:30pm Bell Time
Doors Open 6:30pm
All Ages Event

Tickets on sale at aawpro.ticketleap.com

Featuring:

AAW Heavyweight Championship Match
Josh Alexander vs. Ace Romero

AAW Women's Championship Match
Jessicka Havok vs. Kris Statlander

AAW Tag Team Championship Match
Besties in the World vs. The Rascalz

Myron Reed vs. Hakim Zane

$10,000 Bounty Match
Good Brother #3 (Mance Warner) vs. Nick Gage

Joey Lynch vs. Travis Titan

Curt Stallion vs. Eddie Kingston

Plus:
AAW Heritage Champion: Jake Something
Sami Callihan
Killer Kross
Josh Briggs
Ace Austin
Clayton Gainz
PACO

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Deathlove posted:

Speaking of OC, he's on Uncharted Territory tonight! Maybe they'll actually use him?!?!

This is glorious

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

remember when evolve put on their 10th anniversary show in their 9th year as a business

remember when it was gonna be put on the wwe network, and it just happened to be running against the AEW charity show for victims of gun violence

remember how that was all one big coincidence and it was just the launching pad of wwe starting to put independent shows on their streaming service

remember how they haven't run a single show on their network since then

man what a funny coincidence that all was.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

This is glorious

True. True. Pathos, comedy, master work.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

STONE COLD 64 posted:

remember when evolve put on their 10th anniversary show in their 9th year as a business

remember when it was gonna be put on the wwe network, and it just happened to be running against the AEW charity show for victims of gun violence

remember how that was all one big coincidence and it was just the launching pad of wwe starting to put independent shows on their streaming service

remember how they haven't run a single show on their network since then

man what a funny coincidence that all was.

Wasn't the excuse that it was the tenth anniversary of WWN & the first Dragon Gate USA show? (Which is obviously silly & dumb still)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Not really sure where else to put this but Highspots Network cut a deal with Kayfabe Commentaries to put all of their stuff on the network.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Wasn't the excuse that it was the tenth anniversary of WWN & the first Dragon Gate USA show? (Which is obviously silly & dumb still)

Which was still like a month off of being true.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/McDreaBean/status/1198082001494061058
What a cursed loving match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

lovely people mutilating themselves for fifty bucks is loving cool.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I really thought Progress or WXW would have been on the network given how they seem to be closely associated with them.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
what’d necro do :(

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

WatermelonGun posted:

what’d necro do :(

Currently hes just a mega chud.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The DEFY Wrestle Summit (a collab event between DEFY, PROGRESS and PCW ULTRA) starts next week

https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1196527630511525888

Known card so far:

Night 1 (Nov 30)
Jake Atlas defends the PCW ULTRA Light title against Douglas James
El Phantasmo vs Artemis Spencer
Meiko Satomura defends the PROGRESS women's title against Nicole Savoy
Team Schaff (Schaff, Randy Myers, Cody Chhun, Guillermo Rosas and Judas Icarus) vs Team Hammerstone (Alex Hammerstone, Jorel Nelson, Travis Williams, and the Cook Brothers, Kevin and Brian Cook)
Warbeast (Jacob Fatu and Josef Samael) defend the PCW ULTRA tag titles and the DEFY tag titles in a triple threat against the Cunninghams (Jack and Karl Cunningham) and Amerikan Gunz (Mike Santiago and Ethan HD)
Sonico vs Jimmy Havoc in a no-DQ match

Night 2 (Dec 1)
Schaff defends the DEFY title against Alex Hammerstone
Jake Atlas vs Cody Chhun; if Atlas is still PCW ULTRA Light champ, the belt's on the line

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Currently hes just a mega chud.
Yes, although in Necro's case it's generally believed that it's as close to brain worms as it can possibly be without involving literal worms. He would talk with fans about his interest in leftist politics all the time.

As for the Euro WWE affiliates on the Network: They have had the deals in place for years. Literally. But Vince always vetos it. I don't doubt that they bit the bullet for the Evolve show in large part because Fight for the Fallen was that night. But there probably is also legitimacy to it being in that weekend's PPV city/the WWE crew being able to help out being a deciding factor, as well. It looked more like a professional, WWE product that WWN doing it on their own and sending it to WWE would be, I'm sure of that.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I don’t know much about wrestling but I just served Juventud Guerrero and he’s an absolutely abysmal tipper.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Mezzanon posted:

I don’t know much about wrestling but I just served Juventud Guerrero and he’s an absolutely abysmal tipper.
Was he wearing his mask? He's got a thing about always wearing his mask now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mezzanon posted:

You Got Juice'd.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

Yes, although in Necro's case it's generally believed that it's as close to brain worms as it can possibly be without involving literal worms. He would talk with fans about his interest in leftist politics all the time.

As for the Euro WWE affiliates on the Network: They have had the deals in place for years. Literally. But Vince always vetos it. I don't doubt that they bit the bullet for the Evolve show in large part because Fight for the Fallen was that night. But there probably is also legitimacy to it being in that weekend's PPV city/the WWE crew being able to help out being a deciding factor, as well. It looked more like a professional, WWE product that WWN doing it on their own and sending it to WWE would be, I'm sure of that.

Necro’s brain is pretty much mush. He talks like an american version of MMA fighter and definitely brain mashed guy James Thompson. Getting punched in the mouth all weekend is bad for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mezzanon posted:

You must not be one of the Juicy People.