Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Animal-Mother posted:

Moore's 1997 movie "The Big One" where he calls out Bill Clinton's betrayal of progressive economics and critiques capitalism in general.

Wait, is that real!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

lol

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
michael moore turning out to be good and correct was one of those weird growing up things

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Hopkins FBI posted:

Michael Moore getting booed at the Oscars for saying the Iraq War was bad.

Vanessa Redgrave getting booed at the Oscars for being pro-Palestine and Paddy Chayevsky getting applauded for telling her to shut up.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Flavius Aetass posted:

michael moore turning out to be good and correct was one of those weird growing up things

At some point I had this realization that people mostly hated Michael Moore for being against the Iraq War, and people were willing to admit they were wrong about the Iraq War but not that anybody who said it was bad in the first place was right so you just got a bunch of really weird libs suddenly getting really defensive about Charlton Heston so that they could continue to hate Michael Moore.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Michael Moore's reputation around the time of Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 was weird.

He was seen as the standard bearer of both left-wing activism and American liberalism in general. He was successfully framed (indirectly) as a toxic, partisan figure that Obama-types wanted to elevate themselves above.

It's only during the Obama and post-Obama periods where it became apparent for many people that Moore's politics were closer to the fringes of American liberalism rather than its center.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

wiggers

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

i don't think what the Chinese are doing to them is very funny

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

with AI

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

well they do say the n word a lot, albeit with a soft r and weird inflection

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

no war but class war

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
the entire fuckin' nation gripped with a vegetable lady who wanted to die

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The theory that Obama was gonna legalize weed on his last day in office.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

WampaLord posted:

The final hope of the "obama was actually cool" crowd

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Obama winning the 2008 marketer of the year award

nah
Mar 16, 2009

several prominent media libs saying the helsinki meeting between Trump and Putin was a day that would live in infamy and days later no one gave a poo poo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

Obama winning the 2008 marketer of the year award

L m a o

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Trump asking Russia to find Crooked Hillary's 80,000 acid-washed emails

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

WampaLord posted:

CHOOM GANG

L
A
T
E
R
S

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

because it sounds like uighurs. hello? *taps mic*

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

because it sounds like uighurs. hello? *taps mic*

thanks for presuming i’ve heard someone say uighurs out loud before

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

mooyashi posted:

the entire fuckin' nation gripped with a vegetable lady who wanted to die

I thought this was still about China until I remembered.

And then I remembered how much of a poo poo show it was.

Governor Jeb Bush calling in state troopers to have her moved so someone could reinsert her feeding tube.

Republicans in Congress trying to call coma lady to testify even though she'd been in the same state for fifteen years.

A physician -- not a neurologist -- challenging a diagnosis of Persistent Vegetative State from the US Senate floor by video and not actually examining the patient. The video came from six minutes of clips cherry picked by the parents out of six hours of video, which was part of a court-ordered medical exam.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s campaign to become governor of California

“economic girly men”

the fact that none of us realized this his winning was foreshadowing Trump

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Kevos Setzer posted:

I thought this was still about China until I remembered.

And then I remembered how much of a poo poo show it was.

Governor Jeb Bush calling in state troopers to have her moved so someone could reinsert her feeding tube.

Republicans in Congress trying to call coma lady to testify even though she'd been in the same state for fifteen years.

A physician -- not a neurologist -- challenging a diagnosis of Persistent Vegetative State from the US Senate floor by video and not actually examining the patient. The video came from six minutes of clips cherry picked by the parents out of six hours of video, which was part of a court-ordered medical exam.

The president returned from vacation in order to sign a bill at 1:11 a.m.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

“economic girly men”

Not the first time an actor got elected into office, and definitely not the worst time.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

completely pulling this out of my rear end but i feel like Schwarzenegger would be a better president and have a better chance of winning than like 90% of the democratic candidates

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Taintrunner posted:

“economic girly men”

Jesse The Body Ventura before him.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Animal-Mother posted:

Jesse The Body Ventura before him.

let's see if anyone can do earlier or worse than reagan

(im sure Rome can best a bad actor getting elected/dictating high office, but I'd love to learn about some guy who ate live frogs for a living earning a spot in british parliament or a lady who juggled ostrich eggs usurping the crown in china)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Red Guards Austin

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Eat This Glob posted:

let's see if anyone can do earlier or worse than reagan

(im sure Rome can best a bad actor getting elected/dictating high office, but I'd love to learn about some guy who ate live frogs for a living earning a spot in british parliament or a lady who juggled ostrich eggs usurping the crown in china)

Theodora (527-548) wasn't formally in charge but was effectively the most powerful advisor to Justinian.

Three different dudes managed to scam Russia into thinking they were the lost son of Ivan the Terrible.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Everything about that sucks including the mail bomber glasses

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Pokemon go to the polls

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

spacemang_spliff posted:

Pokemon go to the polls

2016- pokemon go to the polls
2020- ahegao to the polls

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Mayor Pete Dance To The Polls

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ross DaouThot posted:

2016- pokemon go to the polls
2020- ahegao to the polls

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/749961528422625281

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The time Schwarzenegger sent out a memo while in office that was an acrostic spelling gently caress You

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

completely pulling this out of my rear end but i feel like Schwarzenegger would be a better president and have a better chance of winning than like 90% of the democratic candidates

The scary feeling that Demolition Man might be more prescient than you would like.

I know this has probably come up in the last few pages, but it's still funny:

Donald Trump riding so hard on the upcoming crooked election that a few people were getting legitimately concerned he might be building cause to dispute the results. I'll admit I was thinking it.

And then Hillary loses the electoral vote, sends a lackey out well after midnight to send her supporters home because she can't face them, and doesn't even give a concession speech until the next morning. All of this with no explanation. :discourse:

No explanation at all, unless it was "Oh we were just unprepared to lose." Which is stupid and would fit the campaign perfectly. But what's the worst that could happen if the truth came out, even just as rumors?

"Unnamed sources claim Hillary got blackout drunk and started throwing things until she passed out. It took until 10 AM to get her sober enough to stand in front of a podium and read a prepared speech."
40% of America: "mood"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Kevos Setzer posted:

But what's the worst that could happen if the truth came out, even just as rumors?

She repeatedly tested the waters on trying again in 2020 (mostly via surrogates floating poo poo on cable news and the occasional poll), and I have zero doubt that everyone involved that night expected that to happen.

It was only after repeatedly getting shut down super hard by drat near everyone that she stopped trying so often. I figure we'll hear it again soon, now that Biden seems to be in serious trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
$3000 worth of unused "shattered glass ceiling" confetti