Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Turns out you didn't need buff removal against the Salter CQ. The damage resists don't stack, so if you push through her first bar you can just blitz down the other two.

I ran two Jeannes to tank the NPs with Chloe to take out the saber deer, then swapped Chloe for Mecha Eli to do everything else.

as far as i can tell, they should stack? like she'll eventually be sitting with a sizable card resist buff for each card type so unless you're running removal then your DPS is going to be slower. and i wasn't trying to stall, so having removal so that munenori wasn't hindered halfway through was important (though it felt limiting).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't want to say how much quartz I wound up spending, I'll just give the damage. Please understand that I got absurdly lucky actually for the quartz I spent, just in the worst way. This is just the end tally of what I have, not what I actually got (Meaning, I already had an Ozy and an NP2 Suzuka before this, not that I got 3 Ozy's in a row, I'm just listing the results of this poo poo show)

NP2 Nightingale
NP2 Enkidu
NP1 Jack
NP2 Fionn
NP3 Ozy
NP4 Suzuka
NP1 Beowulf
NP2 Penth
NP3 Yan Qing
NP11 or some bullshit like that Emiya
MLB Kaleidoscope, with one left over.
NP3 Okita, both on the same ten roll at the very end

I got SEVEN SSR's in my rolls, which is absolutely crazy. Eight if you count the Gilgamesh from yesterday. Kids, don't loving roll the gacha. I wanted to cry when I saw Suzuka pop up, and twice at that.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Broshevik posted:

Managed to farm 3k stockings just under the line so I can keep jalter lily and I'm not sure it was worth it

Baby Santa is one of the better farm lancers, iirc

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sounds like they didn't get multiple NP levels

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I purged a bunch of multi-month no-show goons, if anyone's got some extra space and happens to like green cards a lot, lemme know your in-game name so I can find you among the level 1 mashes and unskilled starter roll chars.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

dogsicle posted:

as far as i can tell, they should stack? like she'll eventually be sitting with a sizable card resist buff for each card type so unless you're running removal then your DPS is going to be slower. and i wasn't trying to stall, so having removal so that munenori wasn't hindered halfway through was important (though it felt limiting).

They didn't for me. Each gauge break replaced the current card resist with a new one, so Mecha Eli could delete her with NPs.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So I purged a bunch of multi-month no-show goons, if anyone's got some extra space and happens to like green cards a lot, lemme know your in-game name so I can find you among the level 1 mashes and unskilled starter roll chars.

Sent as Venja.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I never thought I'd see the day, as I don't think I missed a single Lore from events, CQs and campaigns... but I only have 3 left now and I'm seriously considering picking up the monthly Lore from the Rare Prism Shop. Does it get any high priority items added to it down the line?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Sent as Sophia.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Nov 22, 2019

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Chaldea Dreamfires, added December next year. They let you keeping gaining Bond on Bond 10 Servants up to Bond 15.

Fortunately that coincides with a QoL change which makes Rare Prisms a lot easier to acquire. Namely that if you get welfare Servants that you already have NP5'd you also get a free Rare Prism.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 22, 2019

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Not just that, even old costumes and command codes will give you rare prisms

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
To clarify, the repeat costume giving RPs first goes into effect for the summer rerun, with Medb's prison warden outfit. The RPs for repeat welfares doesn't go into effect until the Ereshmas rerun though, and while you do get RPs for repeat CCs, which first applies to the Servant Summer Festival rerun, it's only for the 5* CCs, the other rarities give you MPs instead.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That would loving own though lmbo

Once the 2nd story arc ends over in JP, they'll hold some kind of survey and ask what kind of direction do the people want of FGO. If the people will it, they will allow foreign crossovers.
For now, in order to keep the world (mostly) consistent, they've held off doing so.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

BisbyWorl posted:

They didn't for me. Each gauge break replaced the current card resist with a new one, so Mecha Eli could delete her with NPs.

Mecha Eli's NP has buff strip, you were just removing the old resists in time for her to get the new ones.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Sent as Max.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mostly found Septem kinda boring but like I didn't hate it or even particularly DIS-like it, it was just extremely "huh I guess this happened" for me.

boy oh boy was agartha not good

let me wash this aftertaste away with some swords

Terper fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 22, 2019

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

if you have space, i'm sending an invite as Morgan

V same to you, a kitten

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 22, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

In a stupid impulse I blew my tickets and remaining quartz (two 10-rolls worth of quartz + 13 tickets) on the Gilgamesh banner yesterday while running on the treadmill. In some sort of miracle, it actually worked (and gave me a Tamamo Cat to boot). I was expecting to spend the rest of my run consumed with shame and regret, but fortunately that didn't happen. I now have NP2 Gilgamesh, bringing up my NP2 SSR roster to 3 - Gilgamesh, Ozymandias, and Altria Archer.

I also managed to finish the boxes for the Christmas event. All my Rulers and Gilgamesh are now at 6/6/6 (except for Jeanne whose second skill is at 1 still). I almost never get people to 10/10/10 because I always end up thinking "I could spend a ton of money getting this person to 10, or I could spend the same money getting several other people to like 6." In both JP and NA the only servant I've gotten to 10/10/10 has been Mash.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I've got a spot open too: 441,709,793

Let me know if you send a request if it isn't obvious you're a goon from your name or message. Edit: can you even see messages from friend requestors?

a kitten fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 22, 2019

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I got NP2 Ishtar, my christmas just got very easy

e: seems like it's friend code time

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Terper posted:

I mostly found Septem kinda boring but like I didn't hate it or even particularly DIS-like it, it was just extremely "huh I guess this happened" for me.

boy oh boy was agartha not good

let me wash this aftertaste away with some swords

Shimousa is some good stuff, get ready for some pretty long cutscenes between nodes though. I have to admit some parts near the end I started getting confused between all the jargon and the philosophical samurai/swordsmanship bits.

I was really amused at my own misconception of the chapter though, cause I came in prepared for like, a tournament arc or something silly like that.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

santa's got a gun and is going to sort you kids out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if she doesn't have a support np i'm going to riot

if she does and it's just bad then i'll also riot

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I hope her gun shoots vaccines

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

Kild posted:

TF2 crossover when

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Squiddycat posted:

if you have space, i'm sending an invite as Morgan

Sophism posted:

Sent as Sophia.

Vengarr posted:

Sent as Venja.

All added, and space finally filled up, thanks for saving me from the pubbie hordes :toot:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Kild posted:

This Machine Kills Antivaxxers

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I'm very Excited for a new Nurse

dogsicle posted:

also :same:

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Aurora posted:

santa's got a gun and is going to sort you kids out

Ugh, what the gently caress is that last row of katakana? I can't read it for the life of me.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rogue 7 posted:

Ugh, what the gently caress is that last row of katakana? I can't read it for the life of me.

Karoru, I think it's a Christmas Carol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlRpGj7LWS4

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
It could be a Christmas carol...or it could be A Christmas Carol, the tale of Ebenezer Scrooge and the three ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Whoever decided on these Feather drop rates deserves a fate worse than death.

EDIT: Never mind just got three from a single run of Jungle Voyage after like 200 AP of nothing lol.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 23, 2019

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
When I was checking to make sure I had a space I found a bunch of people who had like over three months of absence so here's my support card, let me know your name if it's not obviously an SA person.

CE suggestions would also be appreciated, not sure about the ishtar and bride CEs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Holy Night Supper is a fine choice for Ishtar. She can take advantage of the NP charge and NP damage boost easily, and Archers have a high star weight so the crit boost is good too (and she's already good at scoring massive critical damage if supplied stars).

Projection (MLB) on Nero Bride is workable. Umu Blanco is pretty versatile, she can be used as a support unit, but she's also capable of doing surprising amounts of damage if she uses her buffs on herself, so a lot of CEs work on her.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
I have 4 open slots currently

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I hate Thanksgiving banners.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

When I was checking to make sure I had a space I found a bunch of people who had like over three months of absence so here's my support card, let me know your name if it's not obviously an SA person.

CE suggestions would also be appreciated, not sure about the ishtar and bride CEs.

personally I'd prefer Bride (used as a support) with Carp and 2030 or HRP could work too. it's also worth working up to her bond CE for the future. as a DPS she's not really set up to crit so just focusing on arts/NP boosts would be best, whichever of them you have that's best. atm people probably use her equally for both reasons but it'll gradually shift to mostly as support next year and beyond.

Ishtar just wants 50% starting but HNS and AD packing NP buffs makes them better.

Tamamo/Okki are weird ones but you could honestly flex them between 2030 and Prisma since they both want to regularly NP. plenty of other secondary options like Divine Banquet/Azure Girl/Halloween Devil/HRP/Fox Night etc. and ofc both have good bond CEs.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anyway with all the talk of friend lists, is there a reasonably up to date list of goon IGNs/codes? i've long since cluttered my just list with some randos but wouldn't want to remove people without being sure.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

What are good servants (accessible/summonable right now) to level/skill up for the upcoming Christmas event?

(Also what's Santa Altera nickname, Santera?)

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Exia posted:

I have 4 open slots currently
Sent friend requests as GilgSA. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Omobono posted:

What are good servants (accessible/summonable right now) to level/skill up for the upcoming Christmas event?

(Also what's Santa Altera nickname, Santera?)

As far as shop currency bonuses go, you've got:

Bronze: Leonidas, Benkei, Jaguar Man, Lancer Medusa, Altera (Saber)
Silver: Mash, Paracelsus, Caster Gil, Merlin
Gold: Ushiwakamaru, both previous Christmas Wellfares, Enkidu and Ishtar.

The best Bronze currency nodes are full of Berserkers.
The best Silver currency nodes are full of Assassins.
The best Gold currency nodes are full of Archers.

The lotto currency node is all Sabers and had a couple Google Sheets pages posted here earlier for team builds and suggested Servants.