Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
that car must be a troll because it can't be sold in the EU (no crumple zones and too dangerous to pedestrians)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Looks like a car from a late 90s 'gritty' videogame.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Kitfox88 posted:

the broken windows in that last pic are because they tossed a metal ball at the windows to show how tough they are

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1197734369500246016

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Oh my god

And it's made of stainless

Well somethings gotta disperse the time flux.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

MrUnderbridge posted:

Well somethings gotta disperse the time flux.

flux nutz

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

lol if true

https://twitter.com/Tweetermeyer/status/1197782193390489601

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Main Paineframe posted:

holy gently caress that looks awful

even the edgiest grimdark cyberpunk movies usually don't have vehicles that bad

Here's what the 1994 movie Timecop predicted for the far-off future year 2004:

Make the roofline slope down at the back, de-greeble it a little, and it's a dead ringer for Elon's new toy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Star Fox rear end looking truck

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i don't think that's ever stopped tesla from doing some bad paint jobs

in better hands (so basically anyone alive) a raw metal vehicle of the future could be be made cool looking

even for all its faults the delorean manages

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that car must be a troll because it can't be sold in the EU (no crumple zones and too dangerous to pedestrians)

sorry, no crumple zones?

...well, at least the driver will also die after plowing into me and then a lamppost

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

inspiration found

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 17:21 on Nov 22, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

actionjackson posted:

inspiration found

Fun fact: That vehicle was actually a real vehicle, it's a tow-truck for large jets, so it actually works.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah I noticed that! pretty cool.

Can't wait to see the suburban soccer moms in their cybertrucks

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
that car is tailor made to appeal to fascists (who seem to universally be obsessed with 80s movies)

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
MARINES! WE ARE OUTEE!!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Regular Nintendo rear end looking car:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Koishi Komeiji posted:

:lol: I was looking at Toyota trucks a while back and saw a similar option. A built in tent is cool until you apply half a brain cell to thinking about the fact that you have to fully unload the bed to use it, and if you have to drive anywhere, like to the store for more booze, you have to pack your tent back up first.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You're really giving too much credit to his design, it's clearly just a low-poly 3D model of a car that he made in under an hour and then threw at some designers and told them to make it happen.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I'm sure a crazed South African industrialist in America who regularly breaks regulations cares very much about Euopean laws.

Also apparently he's trying to brag about it being indestructible for some reason? Like that's the important priority consumers care about? Also being fake about it.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1197737854056718342

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I thought death stranding only had 2 types of vehicle, when do you unlock this one?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
If I ever see that car in the wild I'm going to hold a to interact

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Sjs00 posted:

If I ever see that car in the wild I'm going to press R2 to smash window

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Looked it up and it's operating a bunch of equipment without getting permits, keeping records or doing required tests. The kind of stuff you expect from a lovely body shop in the bad part of town, not a major manufacturer. They clearly just don't give a poo poo about the environmental regs

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

MaxieSatan posted:

sorry, no crumple zones?

...well, at least the driver will also die after plowing into me and then a lamppost

I'm pretty sure the autonmous driving black box is the only thing that'll survive impact

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
can't wait to lacerate myself on the tailgate whenever it's down.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

upgunned shitpost posted:

I'm pretty sure the autonmous driving black box is the only thing that'll survive impact

Wasn't there a james bond hitman that did that?

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I cannot get over how utterly ugly that loving car is, and I usually have no opinion about cars at all. It's exactly the sort of bullshit that would be designed by somebody exposed to poo poo macho video games and militarized culture and nothing else in their sad, pathetic life.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

cool car for a fascist utopia

watch the poors as they throw stones at you, good thing you got that bulletproof glass

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

It looks like the kind of car that should be on the streets of a hypothetical 2050s Berlin if the Nazis had won.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I can appreciate that somebody made an actual, extant vehicle that is indistinguishable from a video game asset from 1995 but the novelty ain't gonna carry this dumb thing

Like seriously though I'm still not 100% convinced this thing exists in physical space

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it looks like the car from robocop

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Shear Modulus posted:

it looks like the car from robocop

Timecop, as Zach Parsons pointed out on the main site*: https://www.somethingawful.com/news/worst-scifi-cars/4/

*Wait, what?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

mike12345 posted:

watch the poors as they throw stones at you, good thing you got that bulletproof glass

except that in the demo a guy was able to break the window by lightly tossing a metal ball at it, which elon uh did not seem to be expecting lol

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Someone's gonna make a buttplug shaped like the cybertruck

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/ossia/status/1197950543706112001?s=20

loving lol I didn't know you could just buy entire domains and price .orgs you don't like off of the entire internet

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Capital can do anything it wants, and kill anyone who disagrees!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

mike12345 posted:

Oh no they bricked your brick with a gutted microwave oven and now you're burning to death in your chud chariot, shiny and dumb.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I think the cybertruck is genius. Tesla has been having issues with panel fitment and quality control, so making a truck out of flat pieces is playing to their strengths. And if it's body on frame then it'll be simple to assemble, sidestep some crash regulations and be profitable, maybe.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

It just has to get a D- on the crash test, right?

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

autism ZX spectrum posted:

I think the cybertruck is genius. Tesla has been having issues with panel fitment and quality control, so making a truck out of flat pieces is playing to their strengths. And if it's body on frame then it'll be simple to assemble, sidestep some crash regulations and be profitable, maybe.

its unibody lol. that’s why the roof line is so hosed, so they can do a Chevy avalanche without looking like that’s what they’re doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

mike12345 posted:

this is very much already a thing but not common in america, yet

south america tho. russia. places where the plutocrats really stand out