Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Pureauthor posted:

Mr. Mountain God survived.

:unsmith:

That actually pleased me a great deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
So if it was anyone other than Whitebeard that landed then they would’ve just gotten chopped in two, right

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
whos the guy who looks like a blobby croissant

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

turn your monitor on

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

yum posted:

So if it was anyone other than Whitebeard that landed then they would’ve just gotten chopped in two, right

I suppose it's a test to see if he's joining the crew or taking the crew

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

So Orochi totally poisoned Oden's father right? Like the panel where it says roughly "Oden returned because he father had a mysterious illness" has young Orochi looking like a nervous schemer.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Guy A. Person posted:

So Orochi totally poisoned Oden's father right? Like the panel where it says roughly "Oden returned because he father had a mysterious illness" has young Orochi looking like a nervous schemer.

Definitely how I took it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Definitely how I took it.

And even used the money he borrowed from Oden to fund his scheme, what a bastard.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oden is... COOL.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
On a random note I finally started pirate warriors 3 and oh my God why can't all warriors games be like this? Going after coins is crazy addicting I want to 100 every stage before moving on.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
addictive*

yes, I am shamelessly that guy

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Huh, well looks like I learned something today!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Bleck posted:

addictive*

yes, I am shamelessly that guy

they're functionally the same. addictive is "more technically correct", but both are technically correct.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i am a broken record at this juncture because for like two years now or whatever i've been saying how good this is but guys

this is the best one piece arc

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

autumnal oddium posted:

turn your monitor on

I HAVE WALKED IN TO THIS

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Are we 100% absolutely dead certain without a doubt that Oden is dead?

I really really want him to still be alive. Is that at all possible?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
I mean, he was boiled alive. Kaido probably enjoyed his victory Oden.

That or we'll get an empire strikes back moment when Momo confronts King.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Raposa posted:

I mean, he was boiled alive. Kaido probably enjoyed his victory Oden.

That or we'll get an empire strikes back moment when Momo confronts King.

Nah, King isn't Oden, he's some race of creature that Big Mom wants to collect.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

i flunked out posted:

they're functionally the same.

nope

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Oden is incredibly rad. Shanks who?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Holy crap Oden is awesome.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

He's basically luffy, but instead of asking people to join him he wants to join others

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Relin posted:

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Relin posted:

Epoida. Like many of whitebeards allies who helped at Marineford. It seems they were at one point members of his crew. He has a catepillar fruit.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

i am a broken record at this juncture because for like two years now or whatever i've been saying how good this is but guys

this is the best one piece arc

The crazy part is that we're probably not even near what will be refereed to as "when the arc got really good" when we all look back on it in the future. Wano has been so good.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Viridiant posted:

Oden is incredibly rad. Shanks who?

Not cool. Oden and Shanks can both be rad dudes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

So where are we at along the timeline with Whitebeard on his own and with his signature ship? Oden, iirc, was with the Roger Pirates at Raftel, right? Might have (literally) jumped ship at some point... or maybe it was a Davy Back Fight.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Gyges posted:

Not cool. Oden and Shanks can both be rad dudes.

You're right. That wasn't very adventurous of me.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

So where are we at along the timeline with Whitebeard on his own and with his signature ship? Oden, iirc, was with the Roger Pirates at Raftel, right? Might have (literally) jumped ship at some point... or maybe it was a Davy Back Fight.

We're at 30 years ago, Roger was executed about 24 years ago I think and didn't start seriously going for Raftel until a couple of years before he died, so we've got some wiggle room yet.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I love seeing Whitebeard in his prime. Nobody but big GR and Whitebeard can rock the classic pirate hat :allears:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Parrotine posted:

I love seeing Whitebeard in his prime. Nobody but big GR and Whitebeard can rock the classic pirate hat :allears:

Doesn't Blackbeard kinda have one too?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Parrotine posted:

Honestly I'm not big on young Whitebeard's flowing locks.

I wonder if Oden beats Whitebeard and the reason he ends up hanging out with team Roger is that Roger is the only guy Oden couldn't kick the poo poo out of.

Or he does join Whitebeard and then the decades long rivalry between Whitebeard and Roger is because Roger took Oden in a Daveyback.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Gyges posted:

Honestly I'm not big on young Whitebeard's flowing locks.

I wonder if Oden beats Whitebeard and the reason he ends up hanging out with team Roger is that Roger is the only guy Oden couldn't kick the poo poo out of.

Or he does join Whitebeard and then the decades long rivalry between Whitebeard and Roger is because Roger took Oden in a Daveyback.

Oden: So how come you and this Roger guy are fighting?
Whitebeard: One of us will reach Laugh Tale, and
Oden: oh i know where that is, that's easy
Roger: DAVEYBACK RIGHT NOW

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Long have I prayed that there would be another Davy Back Fight for incredible stakes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Mostly was thinking if Whitebeard's sailing on his own this is probably after Roger and Garp broke up the Rocks Pirates, so there might already be a rivalry between them.

Parrotine posted:

Before Blackbeard, Whitebeard is def meant to be one of the most pirate-y pirates.

Actually makes sense that even the most powerful pirate crews can't reach Raftel without something allowing them to read the Poneglyphs. Hence why Big Mom has the whole long game going and is impatiently waiting for Pudding's third eye to open, Roger had his undefined power to 'hear the voice of all things' as well as possibly inside info from Oden, and Luffy crucially has Robin, perhaps the last person in the world actually fluent in the written language.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 24, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Since Blackbeard will inevitably end up at Raftel for the final battle how do you think he's gonna translate the Poneglyphs?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RatHat posted:

Since Blackbeard will inevitably end up at Raftel for the final battle how do you think he's gonna translate the Poneglyphs?

It's even harder than that. He has to get access to them too. So ultimately he'll somehow steal the Strawhats coordinates.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I think he'll be defeated before he gets there otherwise he could lie and claim he is the pirate king and didnt lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mostly was thinking if Whitebeard's sailing on his own this is probably after Roger and Garp broke up the Rocks Pirates, so there might already be a rivalry between them.

This bit of the flashback is like 8 years after Rocks died.