Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hot Karl Marx posted:

as a person with strong opinions on trucks that looks useless and dumb

I bet it doesn't even have strap down points and how do you get a backrack on so you can take ladders and stuff without scratching the paint

Edit: and I bet it doesn't have a lot of ground clearance with a full load so no curb jumping and stufd

probably no where to put a tool box either

You’re not an idiot so you’re not the target demographic. Don’t question Musk’s ability to get money from idiots.

I can’t wait to see northern VA taken over with these stupid things. At least the Tesla cars aren’t horrible eye sores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hot Karl Marx posted:

as a person with strong opinions on trucks that looks useless and dumb

I bet it doesn't even have strap down points and how do you get a backrack on so you can take ladders and stuff without scratching the paint

Edit: and I bet it doesn't have a lot of ground clearance with a full load so no curb jumping and stufd

probably no where to put a tool box either

Is the bed even 6ft so I can toss a mattress back there for date night?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LingcodKilla posted:

Is the bed even 6ft so I can toss a mattress back there for date night?

it is, hell it's even heated

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

it is, hell it's even heated

Well gently caress.

Uh literally.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I genuinely thought the picture of the Tesla truck was photoshopped, and that there was no way that model would be introduced seriously. Not an e-truck, because those were inevitable, and let's be honest, heavier mass-produced e-vehicles are already on the road, but not THAT model.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LingcodKilla posted:

Well gently caress.

Uh literally.

No I mean it lights on fire spontaneously

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I never ever thought I'd be interested in what this rear end in a top hat has to say, and yet...

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

His mustache will cap it all off with “I have spoken.”

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I genuinely thought the picture of the Tesla truck was photoshopped, and that there was no way that model would be introduced seriously. Not an e-truck, because those were inevitable, and let's be honest, heavier mass-produced e-vehicles are already on the road, but not THAT model.

Tesla had to get something out and it had to be something people would talk about, after Amazon placed a 100,000 electric delivery van order from Rivian.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah I was a bit ho hum on the look of the Rivian truck, but it's miles better than the Tesla Johnny Cab

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I never ever thought I'd be interested in what this rear end in a top hat has to say, and yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2jjf_XRpKc&t=10s

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

He refused to go in front of Congress right?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

No I mean it lights on fire spontaneously

Set the bed on fire eh baby?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

He refused to go in front of Congress right?

Sort of. He’s asking a court to rule who he has to obey: the order from the White House not to appear or the request/subpoena from Congress to testify.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I read this article a few minutes ago...and it makes sense in explaining why the Dems are pushing in court for Mulvaney and Bolton to compel with their subpoenas. What helps is you don't need to put on "Uhh actually the John Roberts is a part of the resistance!" goggles for it to make sense.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/read-this-11

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1197869289421901824

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oh god please.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

You heard the man

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Americans are too stubborn to call anything what it is.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

requesting unanimous consent to enter into the record the electric utility market in the great state of nebraska

:ssh: don't tell them what big red actually means

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

I read this article a few minutes ago...and it makes sense in explaining why the Dems are pushing in court for Mulvaney and Bolton to compel with their subpoenas. What helps is you don't need to put on "Uhh actually the John Roberts is a part of the resistance!" goggles for it to make sense.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/read-this-11

Yeah this makes a shitload of sense that I didn't think about before!

From what I'm seeing, he really, really, really wants people saying he did nothing wrong. He wants zero hedging, just people, on TV, saying he did nothing wrong. That's half of why he's been so pissed at the impeachment inquiry - zero witnesses saying that he did nothing wrong.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I want more than anything to see this dipshit testify under oath.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I want more than anything to see this dipshit testify under oath.

Relax. I got an angle.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/jdmaccoby/status/1197923319879745542?s=19

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Thank you for your cervix service.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah this makes a shitload of sense that I didn't think about before!

From what I'm seeing, he really, really, really wants people saying he did nothing wrong. He wants zero hedging, just people, on TV, saying he did nothing wrong. That's half of why he's been so pissed at the impeachment inquiry - zero witnesses saying that he did nothing wrong.

Narcissism's a helluva drug. If he had operational brain cells capable of interacting with objective reality he'd be screaming all day long, "Improper but not impeachable." That line basically sells itself. "I'm not a Washington insider, of course I'm going to shake things up and piss people off." And people in the right wing propaganda sphere are so, so desperately trying that narrative even now.

He won't play along though because of the basic assumption that it starts with, that he did something wrong. Anyone that gets too loud with that obvious defense ends up on his narcissistic poo poo-list for not sufficiently slobbing his knob in public.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/s...ingawful.com%2F

Oct
Jul 19, 2007

The article posted:

Alternatively, they could cobble together a meal out of canned goods from the local Dollar General

Well poo poo, this sure sounds familiar. Story from 2018:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/aug/13/dollar-general-walmart-buhler-haven-kansas

quote:

Haven’s residents now have to travel out of town to find fresh food, although many do that for work in any case. The more immediate impact has been on those who are less mobile, like the elderly. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calculates that about a quarter of the population is unable to buy healthy food nearby. Dollar Generals are frequently to be found in those areas and some studies have made a direct link between the rise of dollar stores and unhealthy eating.

quote:

An agriculture department study found that many of those on low income and reliant on food stamps were more likely to decide where to shop based on price than where the nearest store is. They drive past a grocery store to a Dollar General.

I guess I'm glad the town in Florida's at least giving folks an opportunity to buy some fresh food but I feel like they may have overlooked some of the root cause (no poo poo, right?).

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Really hoping this is a hacker winding everyone up to get goatse'd

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Just as a reminder, this fucker came within a few hours of putting us balls-deep in the middle of an Iranian hornet's nest. Only a smooth-brained narcissist's desire to not be insanely unpopular kept Bolton from achieving his life's dream.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yup

and now he's jamming that dick into trump's hive

have at it johnny, we'll high five you after

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reminder that you do not under any circumstance have to hand it to John Bolton.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fister Roboto posted:

not at all

but i'll take the assist

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fister Roboto posted:

what if it's a cast iron pan I just pulled out of a 450° oven

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FAUXTON posted:

what if it's a cast iron pan I just pulled out of a 450° oven

Or a subpoena

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The ol' spicy subpoena!

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth
https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/status/1197947043869839360

Netanyahu is flirting with calling for mass uprisings and ignoring the subpoenas.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Tesla had to get something out and it had to be something people would talk about, after Amazon placed a 100,000 electric delivery van order from Rivian.

And in 5 years a ton of #vanlife fucks are going to be roaming in them as “stealth campers”.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nystral posted:

And in 5 years a ton of #vanlife fucks are going to be roaming in them as “stealth campers”.

Tbh what’s wrong with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

could be like this guy i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyXzn9-Rcg0