Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao awesome

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

I have somehow missed that this was possible. Always felt that ziplines were very skiliftesque

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lol one of my ziplines in the mountains brings you like within a foot of one of the giant bts and it freaks me out every time

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I went around the edge of the map in some areas just to see if anything was there and sometimes there are these weird floating brain things. They set off the ordradrek and have spooky music but seem totally harmless.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at what BT stands for

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I’m still enjoying this game even though all my time is spent owning MULEs and delivering supplies to build roads.

Occasionally I pick a fight with BTs to kill the mini boss or whatever to get all their crystals.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Literally every person I know who plays this game loves it, it's incredible to see.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hell yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chapter 6 has been my fave so far, although I wish you could get a big puffy parka or something. Sam seems really cold

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Chapter 6 has been my fave so far, although I wish you could get a big puffy parka or something. Sam seems really cold

The winter feels are strong to very strong

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The cutscene to gameplay ratio in this feels perfect. It's quite awesome to do a bunch of tough deliveries and building for hours then get to sit back and relax with a nice, long cutscene

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'm in chapter 8 and I think I'm gonna do a bunch of story missions now. I maxed out every possible social link so far and am eager to get to the next area.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Accidentally made Sam shower before I made him poo poo 😖

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

goferchan posted:

drat, waste of tp IMO

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Sam has to poo poo before a shower for sure but usually he just takes a piss after throwing back his last beer and putting his hat on before running out the door

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you poop he also pees.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Tell that to the grenade filler

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

If you poop he also pees.

What the hell?

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm in chapter 8 and I think I'm gonna do a bunch of story missions now. I maxed out every possible social link so far and am eager to get to the next area.

Don’t want to leave 8 because then it will be almost over

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

jay z's sedan posted:

Don’t want to leave 8 because then it will be almost over
:cawg:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

goferchan posted:

i'd be sending him straight back into that shower

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The southwest region has an amazing enemy campgrounds area, holy poo poo

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

i hope this true....

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is one of the greatest games I’ve ever played and feels like it’s going to be totally timeless. So glad I’ve been sucking Kojimas dick for the last decade.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

This is one of the greatest games I’ve ever played and feels like it’s going to be totally timeless. So glad I’ve been sucking Kojimas dick for the last decade.

This.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

i'd be sending him straight back into that shower

I got 10 grenades off that dump though, it was a long time coming .
Also drat the boss fights are cool in this game , and probably the most reminiscent it feels of the best parts in Metal Gear Solid . There's one around chapter 8 that can only be described by the 3 words Tactical Espionage Action

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its cool that the big BTs are just bloodborne monsters

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The winter feels are strong to very strong

I like to wear the ludens sunglasses in the mountains because they remind me of those wooden glasses Inuit wear to prevent snow blindness

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Has anyone actually killed a MULE or Homo Demens? I'm guessing you have to haul rear end and take them to a chiral lake or the Mount Knot Incinerator if you do. Headshotting people with the bolo gun is too satisfying for me to try a lethal weapon

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Has anyone actually killed a MULE or Homo Demens? I'm guessing you have to haul rear end and take them to a chiral lake or the Mount Knot Incinerator if you do. Headshotting people with the bolo gun is too satisfying for me to try a lethal weapon

without spoiling anything in detail there are no actual consequences

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

jay z's sedan posted:

I still refuse to do it for immersion reasons. Ran out of rubber bullets in a terrorist camp last night and resolved to knocking them all out with thrown cargo instead of using the guns they dropped; it was a close call

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Spending all day upgrading structures to level 3 in my Santa hat

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Now that this thread has revealed the existence of a santa hat, real guns, and ziplines, I have to stop reading it unfortuately. Been going at this way slower than the rest of you. ASee you on the other side brothers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Now that this thread has revealed the existence of a santa hat, real guns, and ziplines, I have to stop reading it unfortuately. Been going at this way slower than the rest of you. ASee you on the other side brothers.

I'll be waiting for you. On the beach.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

I still refuse to do it for immersion reasons. Ran out of rubber bullets in a terrorist camp last night and resolved to knocking them all out with thrown cargo instead of using the guns they dropped; it was a close call

yeah i did that the other day and knocked like two of them tf out with sweet cargo throws then i remembered i was wearing power gloves and punched out every T in the area

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

My jaw has been on the floor for like all of chapter 9. It keeps getting better and better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

jay z's sedan posted:

i think killing dudes makes bb extra stressed