Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Seams posted:

Can somebody explain what’s going on with ROH re: Kelly Klein and Joey Mercury?

In October, Joey Mercury left the company. He later started tweeting out a bunch of stuff (with receipts) about how lovely the company has been regarding:

- No security or medical staff at many events.
- No women involved in creative.
- Making the decision to not renew Shane Taylor's contract on Jan. 1 but not actually telling Shane Taylor that at all so he basically goes through the holidays thinking he has a job when he really doesn't.
- Not having proper care when Jay Lethal broke his arm.
- Having no concussion protocol and trying to have Kelly Klein fulfill dates despite having Post-Concussion Syndrome.
- Other talent having to reset Flip Gordon's dislocated elbow because there's no medics there.
- SBG execs trying to skim prescription pills off of Mercury.

Kelly Klein had confided in Mercury about her concussion problems because no one else was receptive to her issues. The emails from other management (namely Greg Gilleland) were forwarded to Mercury and included with many of his Tweets about the issues there. Part of this included the ongoing negotiations between Klein and ROH on a new deal. She was being paid slightly under $24,000 per-year by them. She asked for a flat $2k a month and they denied that. Also, she's dealing with a lingering TBI as they're trying to have these discussions with her directly.

Apparently she went to Baltimore at some point to meet with Joe Koff and Gilleland about the deal and the Mercury situation and instead of apologizing for wanting her to continue working with a TBI, they basically wanted her to apologize to them for embarrassing the company and at no point seem to have apologized to Klein for putting her (and others) at risk.

In their typical display of class, ROH is trying to use Mercury's history of alcoholism and drug abuse to discredit anything he's saying.

Yesterday, Klein posted a series of kinda weird tweets. Her husband, BJ Whitmer, who used to work for ROH but is now behind-the-scenes full time with AEW, tweeted confirmation that Klein was essentially fired on Tuesday night via email by Joe Koff. Koff said that she embarrassed ROH and because she didn't come to the meeting in Baltimore groveling before them apologizing for being upset that she was being strong-armed into working with a TBI, they would not be renewing her contract. Koff also tried to mansplain that she should be grateful because they could've have fired her for breach and forced her into a 6-month non-compete but instead they're just going to let her job evaporate.

Now, Mercury is alluding to possible sexpest stuff involving ROH.

Tl,dr version: ROH has a massive, massive problem on their hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/_stardestroyer/status/1197906261418921984?s=21

Edit: If the delete comes:

Biff Busick posted:

THE MATURE PROFESSIONAL THING TO SAY WOULD BE NO COMMENT AND HAVE A PRIVATE CONVERSATION PROMOTER TO INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR INSTEAD OF BURYING TALENT PUBLICLY TO THE MEDIA THATS HOW I DO BUSINESS ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME AND HOW YOU PLAY IT

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 22, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
BIFF
STILL
RULES☝️

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So is Biff a free agent again, then?

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

please god let the dominoes keep falling

free Gran Metalik!!!!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jonny Nox posted:

hey, Jimmy!

How's life?

I dunno
It’s alright

I’ve been dealing with things like every living being
And didn’t really sleep much last night.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So is Biff a free agent again, then?

He requested a release but probably hasn’t gotten it yet.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/_stardestroyer/status/1197906261418921984?s=21

Edit: If the delete comes:

Biff Busick posted:

THE MATURE PROFESSIONAL THING TO SAY WOULD BE NO COMMENT AND HAVE A PRIVATE CONVERSATION PROMOTER TO INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR INSTEAD OF BURYING TALENT PUBLICLY TO THE MEDIA THATS HOW I DO BUSINESS ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAME AND HOW YOU PLAY IT

Did I miss WWE burying him somewhere? Or is this referring to someone/something else?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Ganso Bomb posted:

Did I miss WWE burying him somewhere? Or is this referring to someone/something else?

Triple H said on the Takeover conference call that he wants talent to speak with the office directly rather than air grievances on social media.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How did H say that with a straight face when everyone knows talent almost always goes to Twitter as a last resort because the office is ignoring their concerns?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It may just be my imagination but it sounded like he really wanted to say he wants talent to "act like a man" before catching himself and saying "act like a professional".

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Big tough man from loving Connecticut.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

GO OFF BIFF

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

How did H say that with a straight face when everyone knows talent almost always goes to Twitter as a last resort because the office is ignoring their concerns?

What part of Triple H's career makes you think he has anything resembling shame?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CarlCX posted:

What part of Triple H's career makes you think he has anything resembling shame?

The part where he wouldn't let video game blogs show him on his rear end?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Big tough man from loving Connecticut.

Trips is from New Hampshire, Connecticut has enough to answer for.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CarlCX posted:

his constant history rewrites to put himself more over than he really was?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 22, 2019

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
HHH is baron munchhausen

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Trips is from New Hampshire, Connecticut has enough to answer for.

I work with someone who went to HS with him. He was a dorky metalhead.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

I work with someone who went to HS with him. He was a dorky metalhead.

"Was"?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that tinfoil skull cracks me up every time lmfao

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

the surge was ok

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

new wolfenstein looking good

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I unironically loved that entrance.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

I unironically loved that entrance.

Was that the one where Domme Steph stood on a gantry and cut a promo about how we're all plebs to be ground beneath her and Hunter's boots?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

The part where he wouldn't let video game blogs show him on his rear end?

DoctorGonzo posted:

his constant history rewrites to put himself more over than he really was?

Precisely; there is no point at which he has demonstrated any degree of shame about just saying things are whatever he wants them to be regardless of what actually happened or is happening. Like, when Shane thought things were bad and weren't going the way he wanted them to, he fuckin' left. HHH is the McMahon son.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Was that the one where Domme Steph stood on a gantry and cut a promo about how we're all plebs to be ground beneath her and Hunter's boots?

Nah that was against Roman Reigns at WM32

Terminator HHH was for Sting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bradzilla posted:

Nah that was against Roman Reigns at WM32

Terminator HHH was for Sting.

Wasn't that supposed to be HHH's retirement match but no one chanted the way he wanted them to or something?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

coconono posted:

Wasn't that supposed to be HHH's retirement match but no one chanted the way he wanted them to or something?

that was the Brock match at Summerslam

laughed my rear end off at that because gently caress HHH

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

For the biggest swinging dick in WWE, HHH is such a petty little girl.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

it also happened in a tag match against Legacy, IIRC right after the WM25 shitbomb with Orton, where he got stretchered out and received the goodbye song in response

e: nvm, someone already brought up the videogame story

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 22, 2019

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

"be a professional and talk to management directly" says absolute coward who kept dodging luke harpers phonecalls

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

HerraS posted:

"be a professional and talk to management directly" says absolute coward who kept dodging luke harpers phonecalls

He's also the guy who turned a blind eye to abusive training and sexual harassment in the performance center

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

sportsgenius86 posted:

In October, Joey Mercury left the company. He later started tweeting out a bunch of stuff (with receipts) about how lovely the company has been regarding:

- No security or medical staff at many events.
- No women involved in creative.
- Making the decision to not renew Shane Taylor's contract on Jan. 1 but not actually telling Shane Taylor that at all so he basically goes through the holidays thinking he has a job when he really doesn't.
- Not having proper care when Jay Lethal broke his arm.
- Having no concussion protocol and trying to have Kelly Klein fulfill dates despite having Post-Concussion Syndrome.
- Other talent having to reset Flip Gordon's dislocated elbow because there's no medics there.
- SBG execs trying to skim prescription pills off of Mercury.

Kelly Klein had confided in Mercury about her concussion problems because no one else was receptive to her issues. The emails from other management (namely Greg Gilleland) were forwarded to Mercury and included with many of his Tweets about the issues there. Part of this included the ongoing negotiations between Klein and ROH on a new deal. She was being paid slightly under $24,000 per-year by them. She asked for a flat $2k a month and they denied that. Also, she's dealing with a lingering TBI as they're trying to have these discussions with her directly.

Apparently she went to Baltimore at some point to meet with Joe Koff and Gilleland about the deal and the Mercury situation and instead of apologizing for wanting her to continue working with a TBI, they basically wanted her to apologize to them for embarrassing the company and at no point seem to have apologized to Klein for putting her (and others) at risk.

In their typical display of class, ROH is trying to use Mercury's history of alcoholism and drug abuse to discredit anything he's saying.

Yesterday, Klein posted a series of kinda weird tweets. Her husband, BJ Whitmer, who used to work for ROH but is now behind-the-scenes full time with AEW, tweeted confirmation that Klein was essentially fired on Tuesday night via email by Joe Koff. Koff said that she embarrassed ROH and because she didn't come to the meeting in Baltimore groveling before them apologizing for being upset that she was being strong-armed into working with a TBI, they would not be renewing her contract. Koff also tried to mansplain that she should be grateful because they could've have fired her for breach and forced her into a 6-month non-compete but instead they're just going to let her job evaporate.

Now, Mercury is alluding to possible sexpest stuff involving ROH.

Tl,dr version: ROH has a massive, massive problem on their hands.

Thank you! Sounds hosed up.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

OctoberCountry posted:

He's also the guy who turned a blind eye to abusive training and sexual harassment in the performance center

good snap. take a bump.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

OctoberCountry posted:

I don't think he turned a blind eye. I think he looked right at it and applauded DeMott for his good work until he couldn't anymore.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Needs googly eyes

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Incessant Excess posted:

Triple H said on the Takeover conference call that he wants talent to speak with the office directly rather than air grievances on social media.

They should take their grievances...to the ring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The best Twitter in the game

https://mobile.twitter.com/wendys/status/1197946254317248512?s=21