Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

who the gently caress invented planks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Junpei Hyde posted:

who the gently caress invented planks

Joseph Pilates

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Feels good to go into quick play and beat all your old records with your new strength

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Just did forth day, after cranking down the difficulty I'm finally at a point where I work up a bit of a sweat without feeling like I'm gunna puke afterwards!

I gotta say, this is legit the first time I've both enjoyed and looked forward to exercising. Nintendo really knocked it out of the park!

Let's hope I stick with it, now!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Looking at the rankings is a trip. By birth year globally I'm top 8~, but the nebulous acquaintance tab has me in the thousands. Do we know how that's measured? Friends of Friends? I'm just trying to keep the squat crown.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The parachute game gym is loving me up for some reason. My back is kinda deeply arched, is that why? I seem to have problems registering the "lean backwards" move in particular

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Goddammit, I think I broke something doing this game. My left knee has started clicking a lot when I do leg exercises and I have tiny pangs in it every now and then. Is that a thing I should get checked out?

I still don’t understand how to do mountain climber.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You should be doing a fairly shallow back bend. I’m not sure how you can adjust without watching you do it, unfortunately.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pollyanna posted:

Goddammit, I think I broke something doing this game. My left knee has started clicking a lot when I do leg exercises and I have tiny pangs in it every now and then. Is that a thing I should get checked out?

I still don’t understand how to do mountain climber.

Does it hurt when you bend/extend your leg? If so you may have damaged your popliteus, which I did like six months ago. It’s the muscle on the back of your knee that bends/extends your leg. It sucks. I had a medical student check out my knee to confirm it, you might try talking to your doctor about it if it persists.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pain doesn't change with moving my leg, no. Occasionally changes if I do squats or anything that strains or twists the kneecap, but it's generally pretty constant. It feels like the kneecap or whatever tendons there are there are all crackly and weird, like it's irritated or something. I'm too young for my knees to give out, dammit.

...I'm not young at all...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I just got this game and I'm running into a problem. I'm sure it's come up but I didn't spot it glancing through the thread.

The issue for me is that the leg strap doesn't stay on my fatty thighs. Now I'd like to think that this is because I've lost a lot of weight recently and all of my clothes have gotten pretty baggy so it's slinking down with my pants until it's loose, but let's be realistic here. Anyone have some good advice for getting it to stay on as I jog?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Random Stranger posted:

I just got this game and I'm running into a problem. I'm sure it's come up but I didn't spot it glancing through the thread.

The issue for me is that the leg strap doesn't stay on my fatty thighs. Now I'd like to think that this is because I've lost a lot of weight recently and all of my clothes have gotten pretty baggy so it's slinking down with my pants until it's loose, but let's be realistic here. Anyone have some good advice for getting it to stay on as I jog?

Wear shorts and strap it directly to your skin. I had a lot of trouble wearing it over my clothes.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Same issue, invest in joggers or sweats. Shorts ended giving me the same issue where it would slip and turn once it reached a certain point. Also, maybe try a little higher up on the thigh? I had to raise it higher than recommended to get it to register properly and stay on.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Staple it on

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I just got the game tonight and I was having the same issue with the strap sliding down my leg. I’m just gonna have to invest in some shorts...

I feel ashamed that I tapped out of Adventure with less than 10 minutes on the timer. I was playing the game for like an hour...

Maybe tomorrow morning will be better.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pollyanna posted:

Wear shorts and strap it directly to your skin. I had a lot of trouble wearing it over my clothes.

I did this and it worked really well. But for some reason I keep playing in sweat pants and I really don’t recommend doing that.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I always just strap it underneath my shorts. I'm 5'11" 175lbs but kinda flabby and it's still annoying to fit on sometimes, it probably should be slightly longer.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
yeah I just stick it on my bare skin slightly higher and tighter than recommended. feel like i need a garter belt for it honestly

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Follow-up on plank-hell. After last time (where I failed on 7 reps) I actually managed almost two entire sets this time. It's still just as much hell though.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is world 7 where we get the double jump? Or was it 9? Also I unlocked mountain climbers as a skill finally, and I laughed at the game. Like hooboy, gently caress no I'm not setting that one.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

Is world 7 where we get the double jump? Or was it 9? Also I unlocked mountain climbers as a skill finally, and I laughed at the game. Like hooboy, gently caress no I'm not setting that one.

9. Last skill is at 12.

derra fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 22, 2019

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I literally can't do the first healing skill. Like my leg is too stiff for me to both sit like that and have a straight back, much less contort it like the game wants. Help. :v:

EDIT: I think it's the hamstring that just refuses to extend.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 22, 2019

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

MiddleOne posted:

I literally can't do the first healing skill. Like my leg is too stiff for me to both sit like that and have a straight back, much less contort it like the game wants. Help. :v:

EDIT: I think it's the hamstring that just refuses to extend.

Yoga sucks and I hate it too.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I did 15 minutes this morning after waking up! It's not a whole lot, but it's more than yesterday. I also bumped the difficulty up from 10 to 12. I still have to fight Dragaux again, but I'll be ready to do it tomorrow evening after work.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've just read that there are 23 worlds with some changes over two NG+ cycles, so there are 69 worlds total?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Yoga sucks and I hate it too.

Where is my flexibility DLC.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SelenicMartian posted:

I've just read that there are 23 worlds with some changes over two NG+ cycles, so there are 69 worlds total?

Nice.

I did the cardio set for 3 levels today (one of which I did twice because I died) and ended up stopping because I was sweating too much. Also stopped right before a Dragaux fight again.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i want the BOTW dlc that lets me run around the great plateau honestly

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That would be wild.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

guys guys

Out of Breath of the Wild

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

John Lee posted:

guys guys

New thread title pleas mods

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I just added everyone in the op. Here's my friend code: 4351 9300 6734

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

planks aint poo poo now

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

John Lee posted:

guys guys

myself in the Zelda thread posted:

Replace swords with chakrams. Remove the stamina meter. Add ring con and leg strap controls. Your stamina meter is now your actual stamina.

Perform the mountain climber to climb mountains. Do the bow pull to use your bow (obviously), overhead presses to carry things, and maintain an overhead pull to keep the glider open. We can keep the Ring Fit controls for actions like opening chests and swimming (rowing).

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

(the houses are arms, legs, and abs)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My code is 2662-4564-1515 add me plz

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Snake Maze posted:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

(the houses are arms, legs, and abs)

Well yeah, Abdonis is...preeeetty similar looking to Claude already

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

This game is a lot of fun! Get a good sweat going after a level or two every time. Does the game just randomly ask you if you should rest for the night or is it noticing decreased form or something?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's every 15 minutes or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Is that active or real time? I feel it's based on active going off my experience.