Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
When does the season start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

For the new Crusader set you definitely gotta do Aquila or Unity, then ORotZ gives you near-permanent Prophet + Iron Skin while wearing Capt. Crimson. After that you're good to go (thanks to double cheat death!)

It's funny how Crusader is consistently one of the glassiest classes in D3 while waifu wizards who don't even lift can sit in the monster poop all day long.

I think I tried a couple different builds I saw on leaderboards and Diablofans but they were all pretty squishy. Even with Prophet and Ironskin I felt like I was dying all the time. Not sure if I had Unity or Aquila. My guess is probably one but not both.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Already started for EU and Asia.

NA should be in ~6 hours

Countdown here and also helpful journey tracker: https://d3resource.com/journey/index.php

lovely crusader start for me, got the blessed hammer shield instead of denial (not fan of hammer).
(Did get pox faulds.)
Then 2h flail upgrade got me the shieldbash/glare one :derp:
Then the lvl 70 reduced weapon reqs best i got was -7 :smith:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I might end up rolling a Crusader this season because I think Shield Bash is really fun, even if it is sometimes awkward to play.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Prob gonna ride out all the rest of the seasons as demon hunter because I don't think they will be carrying it forward. I hope barb got some love because it was not fun to do the season journey with them last time.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I'm still conflicted on what to play this season. I like the looks of the SS barb, but with Haedrig's being WW that's a bit of a non-starter. The new monk set is tempting, but OTOH it's Tal wizard season and if you're gonna play a wiz that's the time to do it. Played a crusader last season, so not really ready to go for that again (and also Roland start is ick).

Decisions, decisions...

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
drat I really wanna try out the new crusader set but haedrigs gift for wd is helltooth and I loooove that set

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is the Wizard set for this season as fun as it looks? The idea of just proccing meteors everywhere sounds like a real good time.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Tals is super fun. It's hands down my favorite wizard set

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The league gimmick should be fun .

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Yeah, Tal channel meteors is one of my favourite specs to play. Wizards are also just... kinda nice to play in general because there's not like three or four buttons you wanna hit on cooldown all the time. Armor and MW every five minutes and let's go~!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tal's is one of the most versatile Wizard sets and is ideal for any season starter. Smooth power progression at 2/4/6pc, fits with nearly any legendary you can find, and still very competitive at endgame assuming they've actually fixed Archon. Even the set dungeon is piss easy, as an added season journey bonus.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m going to go Crusader and just pray for an early Golden Flense

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Any of y'all have issues with the game losing focus and being sent to the background immediately after Auth before?

I for the life of me can't figure out what is causing this, it's only doing this with the blizz launcher games. I haven't updated poo poo on this box for a while now, so I'm at a loss.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Anyone down for some greed runs?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

bio347 posted:

I'm still conflicted on what to play this season. I like the looks of the SS barb, but with Haedrig's being WW that's a bit of a non-starter. The new monk set is tempting, but OTOH it's Tal wizard season and if you're gonna play a wiz that's the time to do it. Played a crusader last season, so not really ready to go for that again (and also Roland start is ick).

Decisions, decisions...

You'll probably be farming g100 at p600 with the new Barb set. You can easily farm up the SS gear and sader gear while spinning fast

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrV4qH5HTHU

Any ideas on how up to date this guide for leveling 1-70 is? I know you wanna hop out for the challenge rift when you first start, any other new changes since this video was made in.... July of 2017?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jinnigan posted:

Any ideas on how up to date this guide for leveling 1-70 is? I know you wanna hop out for the challenge rift when you first start, any other new changes since this video was made in.... July of 2017?
Guide was never correct for leveling the fastest.

Current first step is, make a season character, do the challenge rift, use the challenge rift goodies to upgrade relevant npcs, then the strategy varies depending on your class. Generally, you want a level 70 2h mace with life per hit and a cc secondary. Then roll off the non-cc secondary looking for -level req. Note, you can skip the life per hit requirement and I'm not going to get into too much detail about that. The blood shards should go toward gambling, but the ideal level to do that varies per class. In general, almost anyone could grab pox faulds and those will make you level real fast. But class specific stuff is outright better.

I'd wager most people just level in rifts these days. You used to stack kill streaks in high density areas. Not sure if that's still the case. I also don't know if they fixed it, but necros when launched could just spam certain chest events on really high difficulties and do 1-70 in no time at all. But it required an organized party and a few details. I think that was fixed though.

The tldr is lvl70 weapon with -level req, use blood shards for a class-defining item that multiples your damage by a lot. That may not be best done at level 1. It depends on the class. If you have shards left over go for a relevant cube item for 70 or another powerful item.

You can use https://www.d3planner.com/game/64160/kadala to see the ideal level/chances to get stuff for your class. Wizard gets most of the goodies at 30-33.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 23, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Well I'm 100% ready for Tempest Rushing around with the new set even if it's not strictly optimal.

Guessing Balance in the cube, Vengeful Wind and Won Khim Lau for the hands.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

FFT posted:

Well I'm 100% ready for Tempest Rushing around with the new set even if it's not strictly optimal.

Guessing Balance in the cube, Vengeful Wind and Won Khim Lau for the hands.

You'll be able to speed run 100's by just holding one button. It's more than good enough for most people. It's Crystal Fist and WKL. 99.9% of your damage comes from Tempest Rush so buffing wind damage doesn't do anything.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I hadn't played since that season that they gave huge buffs to some sets. Hoped into the GR20 after getting the crusader 4 piece worried if it was enough ... started oneshoting elites :aaa: then oneshot the guardian :aaaaa: :derp:

edit: also, season buff owns.

madstrike fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 23, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is the new massacre bonus only at 70? I don't think I've seen one yet

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

eric ciaramella posted:

Kill faster

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
No

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

eric ciaramella posted:

15 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy
30 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies
50 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky
100 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed
150 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies
200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything
400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause
1000 Kills: ???

Anyone seen 1000 kills yet?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

1000 kills here

McCoy Pauley posted:

15 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy
30 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies
50 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky
100 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed
150 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies
200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything
400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause
1000 Kills: ???

Anyone seen 1000 kills yet?

Here’s the 1000 kills one

https://i.imgur.com/VcyjUtK.png

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
That was just for the PTR. 1000 kills spawns Diablo from Diablo 2 and he’s apparently pretty hard

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
That's pretty cool, does he drop anything?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zenithe posted:

That's pretty cool, does he drop anything?

SoJ?

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

First men braces/pox faulds/leaoric's from lvl 1 gambling

:getin:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

:toot:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It won't last the night but man it feels good. :yayclod:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Usually rank really high the first night then it disappears into the ether. Killing spree effects are really cool.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

My keyboard started failing about the time I hit 40, less than two hours after the season went live.

I left all my spare keyboards behind when I moved back in August :(

Narrowed down the issue and hopefully fixed it so it's working properly when I get back

Damned spill from three days ago

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 23, 2019

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Leveling to 70 has been very smooth this season, took me a little over two hours. I got the seismic slam bracers at level 1 from Kadala so I lucked out. Looking forward to complete the season journey and obtain the spin2win set.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ceramics posted:

First men braces/pox faulds/leaoric's from lvl 1 gambling

:getin:

Does Gambling have higher rates when you start out this season?

Cause I also got a Legendary on my first Braces / Pants / Gloves / Boots.

Not on my Helmet though, that took a few tries.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Update: I died.

Gimmick was OK, probably won't reroll this season

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Season 19: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies

CR was piss easy. Finished with 1:30 left. Kadala is a bitch, and gave me nothing. She can rot in Hell.

Also, they seem to have hosed Community Chat for the last few Seasons. I keep starting a Season to find I'm not connected to the chat. :blizzard:

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Does Gambling have higher rates when you start out this season?

Cause I also got a Legendary on my first Braces / Pants / Gloves / Boots.

Not on my Helmet though, that took a few tries.

The pool of legendaries that you can roll is gated by your character level. So at lvl1, it's 'easy' to hit some specific legendaries.

You can check it out here : https://www.d3planner.com/game/64160/kadala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Can't decide if I like crusader or not. It's safe - even by the already low standards of danger in D3 - but uninspiring. Should have stuck with DH.