Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Squadron 54 Where Are You?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, the planets are cubes.

Why do they have sphincters then?

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

I am debating whether to keep watching or start replaying HL1 as a refresher to the upcoming Half-Life Alyx...

skeletors_condom fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 23, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Broken trees in a forest. That's what SC needs.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Looks like crobear is going to poo poo out a half baked combined arms mode (ala LoD? :smuggo:):

marumaru
May 20, 2013

skeletors_condom posted:

I am debating whether to keep watching or start replaying HL1 as refresher to the upcoming Half-Life Alyx...

Black Mesa's Xen is almost done, get hype

marumaru
May 20, 2013

skeletors_condom posted:

Looks like crobear is going to poo poo out a half baked combined arms mode (ala LoD? :smuggo:):

Star Citizen: Work To Be Done But A Solid Start

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lol, ice sculpture.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Floor mopping is in

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tuo posted:

Floor mopping is in

What version?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

What version?

Ice version

Also I thought you can no longer melt the Carrack? :downsrim:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tuo posted:

Ice version

Also I thought you can no longer melt the Carrack? :downsrim:

:golfclap:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Okay I've been super busy with this dumb research project, someone catch me up. I need a rundown of the funny things that have happened at or around Citcon so far.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skeletors_condom posted:

Star Citizen: We heard you liked Battlefield in your CoD so we put CoD in your Space-Battlefield

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

lol, ice sculpture.

there was also guy sweeping the ice out of ground :allears:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Okay I've been super busy with this dumb research project, someone catch me up. I need a rundown of the funny things that have happened at or around Citcon so far.

Chris yelled at people on stage and then they made him shut up and now he's mad. Also they have awesome new tech that has never been done before which means they have to redo everything. V4 will be the jesus patch.

e: also, the head of engine or whatever has no idea if V4 will use more or less memory than V3

and clouds are hard

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Jared throwing the shade on rexzilla

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Star posted:

I missed it , what was it

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

skeletors_condom posted:

They are making a Battle Royale game now?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

I missed it , what was it

Rex was interviewed by a lady.

Next Jared said it was the first time he heard his real voice instead of him constantly shouting

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Star posted:

Huh? When?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Pretty uneventful and boring. Started of by stating that FoIP was working but of course it didn't work during the presentation. Tour of the Carrack. And then a long boring mission made longer to avoid even worse popin. One ship glitch.

edit: Oh yeah, Chris said it is "Early days" around 4 or 5 times.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tuo posted:

Rex was interviewed by a lady.

Next Jared said it was the first time he heard his real voice instead of him constantly shouting

BTW, who is she?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:homebrew:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

skeletors_condom posted:

Chris Roberts: We're gonna make a fully simulated universe with 1000's of players interacting in real time with unparalleled levels of fidelity!

Us: I dunno man that seems pretty drat difficult, if not impossible.

CR 2014: Not so, look at this single-player arena spaceship shooter.

Us: Yeah, that's a lot easier than what you said. Hey! Why doesn't it work properly?

CR 2016: Nevermind that. Look at this team-based arena first person shooter!

Us: U-huh. Yeah, that's also not what you said, and this also doesn't work properly...

CR: We're focusing all our efforts now on the PU
CR: We're focusing all our efforts now on the Sq42
CR: We're focusing all our efforts now on the Sq42

Us: Chris, you just showed us the latest PU "gameplay" and it looks terrible!?!

CR 2019: Look at this team-based combined arms shooter!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Pretty uneventful and boring. Started of by stating that FoIP was working but of course it didn't work during the presentation. Tour of the Carrack. And then a long boring mission made longer to avoid even worse popin. One ship glitch.

edit: Oh yeah, Chris said it is "Early days" around 4 or 5 times.

Did they already do the keynote or were they showing off a mission during one of the smaller talks?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Look, it only took them 2 months to redo all the moons.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Did they already do the keynote or were they showing off a mission during one of the smaller talks?

It was part one of the mission. Part two with Roberts will be at the end. A little different this year.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

It was part one of the mission. Part two with Roberts will be at the end. A little different this year.

Oh that's weird. I wonder why they did that lol.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Time for my every two months check in... Is the game out?

See you in January, citizens.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

"Food is gonna be a gameplay mechanic in the future..."

Ben still onboard, I see.

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019
What are the chances they'll make Theatres of War free to rope in new subscribers?

Sorta like what Fortnite tried to do.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh that's weird. I wonder why they did that lol.

Well it is probably because they couldn't woo the crowd without Sandi being there.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

tuo posted:

"Food is gonna be a gameplay mechanic in the future..."

Ben still onboard, I see.

Food court!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

40 minutes of talk about how procedural generation is limiting and they redid everything so the planets are more natural by handpainting the climate etc.

Now 40 minutes of talk about how they are procedurally generating space stations in the future

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

echothreealpha posted:

What are the chances they'll make Theatres of War free to rope in new subscribers?

Sorta like what Fortnite tried to do.

They should but the last thing CIG wants is players on their server code.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

4XL

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beet Wagon posted:

Chris opened the event. What the audience lacked in joyful anticipation Chris more than compensated for with nervous, animated energy. There was no glib, self-centered kickoff from Sandi this year — she couldn’t be bothered to even show up and pretend she’s earning her six-figure salary.

There were some technical issues, most notably that FOIP was dead though clearly they’d meant for it to be a big part of the walkthrough. New Babbage has a Cortina knockoff who tells bad jokes Dave Haddock wrote.

Remember when the crowds were so lit that they spontaneously broke out in Helmet chants just to watch a now-discarded animation play? This crowd is dead right out of the gate and the burden is on Chris, Lando, and even the totally not being paid to be there Rexzilla to inject a pulse into the proceedings.

This is the deadest kickoff of a Citcon ever, and nobody attending could possibly assume the best years are ahead. They are years past, when we were all still looking forward and wondering just how incredible the years ahead might be. CitizenCon has transitioned from rocket show to the future to a nostalgia vehicle about how much fun it used to be.

It’s a time machine. It takes us to a place... where we ache to go again.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
this is the most boring poo poo. jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

This is like listening to the professor from Bueller's Day Off.

My SO: this is more boring than an all-staff meeting.