Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Valleyant posted:

Corpus worship money like a cult
:hmmyes:

COME ON!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Captain Oblivious posted:

Alright it's been a while since I've played, can someone give me a bullet point on what's changed in melee for someone who obsessively melees goddamn near everything? I tended to use a knife zaw to knife everything to death on Ash and am figuring out what if anything needs changing on my mod layout :v:

So the general input is totally different - instead of bespoke combos, there's a general framework that each stance works off of.

Mash attack = fast attacks without moving
W+attack = sweeping while moving
RMB+attack = fast combos, typically kind of single target focused
RMB+W+attack = dives and closers, slams tend to be here

"heavy attack" (as opposed to charge attack) is effectively an entire different button binding, heavy attacks can be really good. Combo counter only affects heavy attack and is used up on heavy attack.

Range mods now work totally different on melee and make a bigger difference to smaller weapons, it's neat.

It's extremely easy to make melee weapons that are hideously, jaw droppingly high damage, so mods that are QOL/comfort are great now and trying to maximize DPS with all 8 mods is kind of silly b/c you're going to obliterate whatever you touch anyway.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am hitting my riven cap, so what's the best place to sell them?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Improbable Lobster posted:

"We fought with honor" I loudly proclaim as I smash space dogs with a rocket hammer

I love when you start a survival mission, with Lotus in one ear telling you "your mission is literally to set off the alarm", and then in the other ear this dork saying "If we could avoid alerting them, this may be easier.". That's not how it works!

Hellioning posted:

riven.market is the only one I know of. Last time I played there was another site that was more popular (wftrader.com) but it seems to have permadied.

e: Is there a list of which weapon stances get guaranteed procs and stuff? the wiki mostly has outdated stuff from before the melee patch and idk how much of it is accurate. I have a cyath crit riven and those all got buffed recently so I'm thinking about building a zaw with it.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 23, 2019

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

:eyepop:

Hellioning posted:

Warframe.Market has a riven auctions section. You can also do direct sell listings there without doing auctions. I have bought and sold rivens at that site several times. I used to use riven.market but I migrated everything over when riven auctions were introduced so everything I sell is on one site.

I even made a really basic web app for getting average sell and auction prices with listing data pulled form Warframe.Market. It's half-baked and I have not worked on it in months, though.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 23, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

quote:

Fixed the Zealoid Prelate getting stuck underneath staircases in the Orokin Derelict Emissary Assassinate node.

... isn't this event over?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I think he has his own node in the derelict now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah he's basically there to farm the Pathocyst and Tempo Royale

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...
So I'm at the hull part right now - it gives a research-console style ui for putting in resources for it. Is this clan-based or solo? Can I just wait for my clan to throw in the neural sensors I'm lacking or do I need to farm them up myself?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Once you've started the quest, all the parts from there out are built by you.

The clan part was only for the room and researching the quest.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Alright it's been a while since I've played, can someone give me a bullet point on what's changed in melee for someone who obsessively melees goddamn near everything? I tended to use a knife zaw to knife everything to death on Ash and am figuring out what if anything needs changing on my mod layout :v:

A fast knife zaw won't work the same under the new system. Daggers don't have the forced finisher combos anymore. Covert Lethality is still a thing to some degree so if you're just using the dagger for Fatal Teleport it might still work.

The biggest mod changes were to Condition Overload and Blood Rush scaling. They used to get calculated after other stats, which made them absurdly strong, but now get added in at the same time which puts them in a more reasonable spot. They're both still very competitive with their alternatives.

The skeleton for building melee generally revolves around the following mods:

Damage: Condition Overload or Primed Pressure Point
Crit: Blood Rush or Sacrificial Steel
Crit Damage: Organ Shatter
Reach: Primed Reach
Attack Speed: Berserker, Primed Fury
Combo Duration: Drifting Contact
Heavy Attacks: Corrupt Charge, Amalgam Organ Shatter, Killing Blow

Condition Overload will beat Primed Pressure Point when you're attacking against 2+ status effects. Melee procs status pretty well due to stances having guaranteed procs on top of procs you'd get naturally from the weapon, making Condition Overload a pretty reliable Pressure Point replacement. Having both mods isn't awful, but you'd want to make sure you're getting the most out of your other stats before stacking them.

Blood Rush hits 660% crit chance at 12x combo and Sacrificial Steel gives 220% flat. If you're dedicated to clearing missions with melee, the combo requirement for Blood Rush is a pretty low bar to meet and the extra 440% crit is obviously very valuable. Sacrificial Steel is still pretty reliable and great to have on weapons that you're only pulling out intermittently. Sacrificial Steel and other non-Blood Rush crit mods give double their bonus on heavy attacks and will work better for that type of build.

I haven't mentioned Sacrificial Pressure up to this point. That's because it has kind of iffy value. Even with the set bonus, dual Sacrificial mods end up slightly behind Primed Pressure Point + Sacrificial Steel for general use and will fall further behind when compared to Condition Overload. The set bonus does perform better when using heavy attacks, where the boosted crit gain will do enough to outweigh the loss in raw damage. But even then you're only looking at a 4%-8% increase over Primed Pressure Point + Sacrificial Steel. I wouldn't say it's especially bad to use Sacrificial Pressure as your general damage mod, because the overall differences are fairly marginal either way, but it's hard to outright recommend it given the endo cost and the extra forma you'll likely need to use on every weapon in order to fit it.

Primed Reach is great for weapon feel. It's no longer % based and adds the same +range regardless of weapon type, which lets it work well across the board. It's not always a strict damage increase and can be dropped if you're running out of space for other stuff you want, but personally I don't like running without it.

How much attack speed you want will come down to personal taste. I find running double attack speed mods works really well. If just using one, Berserker will win out with the higher total value. If you don't like the ramp up Primed Fury is still fine.

Primed Fever Strike is a great primed element mod to have because all 3 elements that toxin combines into are good. Corrosive is great against armor and is always safe to build for. Viral is strong when you're only getting a small number of procs on enemies before they die, either because you're killing them in few hits or because you have low status chance and just aren't getting many procs. Gas can work well when you're getting a lot of hits in with a high status weapon, simply because every proc is guaranteed to contribute damage.

Drifting Contact is mainly a quality of life bonus that will compete for the final slot on a weapon. It gets the most value when used alongside Blood Rush, due to the increased importance of maintaining a high combo counter.

Heavy attack builds want to get the most value out of mashing the heavy attack button over and over. One of the new stats that benefit this play style the most is +Initial Combo, which makes it so that the number of hits in your combo never drop below your Initial Combo value. Corrupt Charge is the go to mod for Initial Combo and Fragor Prime is notable for being a weapon with Initial Combo built in. Amalgam Organ Shatter and Killing Blow both speed up the wind up time on heavy attacks and, like attack speed, it's personal taste whether you want to use both. Wind up speed doesn't completely replace attack speed for heavy attacks either, the wind up is followed by an actual swing that still benefits from attack speed.

Putting all the pieces together we can get a standard-ish build (and an impatient build) for spamming regular attacks that looks like this:
1. Condition Overload (Primed Pressure Point)
2. Blood Rush (Sacrificial Steel)
3. Primed Reach
4. Berserker
5. Primed Fury
6. Primed Fever Strike
7. 60/60 Electric (Voltaic Strike)
8. Organ Shatter
9. Drifting Contact

That's obviously 9 slots, so something is going to have to get cut. The three weakest mods are generally going to be Drifting Contact, Primed Fury, and Organ Shatter. The decision of which to axe will vary between weapons. Drifting Contact is a safe drop in most cases, especially when not using Blood Rush or when not worried about status. Primed Fury (or Berserker if you prefer Fury's flat bonus) is also a mostly safe drop since the weapon will still have another attack speed mod to fall back on. Organ Shatter is usually the worst option to cut, but on a low crit weapon (less than about 17%) it can make sense. And it's actually not terribly important which 8 mods you end up using, just because melee is in a strong enough state that any reasonably well built weapon will shred face.

A sample heavy attack build would look like this:
1. Primed Pressure Point
2. Sacrificial Steel
3. Amalgam Organ Shatter
4. Primed Reach
5. Corrupt Charge
6. Primed Fever Strike
7. 60/60 Cold (Vicious Frost)
8. Killing Blow or Berserker or Primed Fury or Life Strike

The last slot is personal preference as is the flavor of the 60/60 mod, which can even be replaced. Life Strike isn't a damage dealing option, but the very reliable healing can be nice to have. Condition Overload is still a decent option, especially on a weapon with a multi-hit heavy attack like a Machete.

Another thing that's changed is each weapon type has a set Follow Through value that you can see in the arsenal (or on the wiki.) On any given swing you'll always do full damage to the first enemy hit, Follow Through represents a damage multiplier that is applied to any additional damaged enemies. Smaller weapons like daggers and fists have the most favorable Follow Through value, only taking a 10% penalty. Larger weapons get hit harder, taking a 40%-60% penalty. This doesn't matter a lot for standard combo attack spamming, since you're bouncing between enemies pretty quickly anyways, but can be noticeable when fighting crowds with heavy attacks. Even then, I don't think it's as bad as it first sounds.

For rivens, it's hard to say definitively what's best this early into the rework. Reliable stats like +Damage, +Crit Chance, and +Toxin are going to retain their value. Personally, I'm leaning towards +Crit Damage,+Attack Speed, +Combo Duration, and +Reach because those tend to be the most underwhelming mods on any given weapon and I think the potential to condense them down and take up even one fewer slot is pretty valuable. Finisher Damage and Slide Crit seem like the safest negatives to have.

Melee is also plenty viable without the rare and high endo cost mods that I'm using as examples. It's safe to downgrade all the options to their non-Primed, non-Sacrificial base versions and still have great results. The mods that are going to take the biggest hits when downgrading are Reach and Fury. I might still want Reach on low base range weapons like Daggers, but for things like Staves and Polearms and even Dual Swords I'd seriously considering dropping it if I had an option for more direct damage. Base Fury just isn't that strong, and I'd place a lot of value into obtaining a copy of Berserker if I didn't have the Primed version. Gladiator Vice is another option with the same attack speed value and drain as Fury that also has a set bonus to boost crit based on combo multiplier.

Overall, it's hard to go wrong in the new melee system as long as you're putting an iota of thought into your mods. The big thing the rework did was raise the performance floor and that's created a lot of leeway in how things can be built. The ceiling was also lowered. Obsessively min-maxed setups aren't going to vastly outperform their counterparts. It's pretty safe to dive in and experiment and come up with fun personal builds. Melee 3.0 just in general works well and is good.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 23, 2019

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Quickening is also a good alternative to Fury, especially on a combo build.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I don't know much about Rivens.

Keep, sell or roll?

I'd sell, I'd put money on it having a 1/5 disposition and people love their storysword

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Are heavy-attack-build daggers any good? I tried out the staff heavy attack and wasn't really feeling it.

I'm considering whether to make a max-damage-min-speed dagger zaw for this

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Someone posted a thing about doing horrific dagger slashes a few pages back, so yes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Dagger heavy attacks has the best base combo multiplier due to covert lethality, so yeah it loving slaps. I suggest exodia brave too for infinite energy.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I'd sell, I'd put money on it having a 1/5 disposition and people love their storysword

and I hope you like your storysword, since it's an incredible pain to reacquire if you get rid of it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like the krohkur better anyways

but even beyond that i prefer machetes over normal swords

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

gnoma posted:

melee stuff

I've been out for about a year so this info is pretty useful, thanks.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
so does akgoon have a drydock/are we building one?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How hard are the hardest Cetus bounties? I just did the second hardest and it seemed to go okay, though largely thanks to my teammates. Wukong's 3 is very useful when surrounded by enemies who are killing you. I'm trying to get this Archwing launcher thing, since that seems pretty necessary for the open world stuff and apparently requires Cetus specifically.

I also got a Revenant part, and a lens, and a decent amount of Endo, so that's handy.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The oforums sure have some cursed rear end posts

https://twitter.com/WFforums_txt/status/1198426513663766529

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

dont judge valkyr players

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

How hard are the hardest Cetus bounties? I just did the second hardest and it seemed to go okay, though largely thanks to my teammates. Wukong's 3 is very useful when surrounded by enemies who are killing you. I'm trying to get this Archwing launcher thing, since that seems pretty necessary for the open world stuff and apparently requires Cetus specifically.

I also got a Revenant part, and a lens, and a decent amount of Endo, so that's handy.

They're reasonably high level Grineer, and I think are slightly tougher than most Grineer on the star chart. Load up on armor stripping, corrosive and radiation damage, and a a toughish frame like Wukong, and you should be fine if you can actually kill them.

Drythe posted:

The oforums sure have some cursed rear end posts

https://twitter.com/WFforums_txt/status/1198426513663766529

I'm glad someone's doing this. .txt twitter feeds are usually pretty good.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

A little harder than "normal" level 60-80 starchart missions, since being a big open area means you'll get shot in the back a lot by dickwad heavy gunners with hitscan weapons.
If you haven't fought any grineer that high level yet, it might be a bit of a gear check. Armor scaling starts to get pretty crazy around then so if you don't have a high-enough damage gun or a way to strip armor you'll be doing way less damage to the enemies than you're used to.
Melee is really strong right now though so as Wukong you shouldn't have that much trouble just whacking stuff to death with a big stick.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

aegof posted:

They're reasonably high level Grineer, and I think are slightly tougher than most Grineer on the star chart. Load up on armor stripping, corrosive and radiation damage, and a a toughish frame like Wukong, and you should be fine if you can actually kill them.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

A little harder than "normal" level 60-80 starchart missions, since being a big open area means you'll get shot in the back a lot by dickwad heavy gunners with hitscan weapons.
If you haven't fought any grineer that high level yet, it might be a bit of a gear check. Armor scaling starts to get pretty crazy around then so if you don't have a high-enough damage gun or a way to strip armor you'll be doing way less damage to the enemies than you're used to.
Melee is really strong right now though so as Wukong you shouldn't have that much trouble just whacking stuff to death with a big stick.

How does it compare with the level below it? If it's a really substantial step up it'll probably be too much, but I might be able to get by relying on teammates.

A good point of comparison might be to ask how it compares with the later Sanctuary Onslaught waves. If it's harder than waves 7-8 of that, it'll probably be too much for me. If it's roughly the same, I can at least survive enough to avoid inconveniencing my teammates (though I'm kind of doing that anyways due to the whole "no Archwing" thing - I feel bad for making people wait while I run across the plains, though I at least have a pretty fast dash speed).

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Then, while your AW launcher finishes baking, do the Fortuna intro quest and grab yourself a cool space skateboard, it's faster than being on foot at least. If you really want to harvest materials in a jiffy for your AW launcher without annoying others at all, get solo in a high level bounty and ignore it while hitting resource deposits close to the gates in your new skateboard. (You may have to dismount to actually grab them, remember to set your stuff in your gear and to set hotkeys for gear slots 1 though 12.)

Talking about baking, I don't care much for the next incubator and mod station, but the new foundry looks far uglier and lower tech than the previous art for it. Also I know that Steve loves his graphics tech and that graphics tech does scuffed metal really good now, but I loving hate it, I want my place to be well painted and well maintained.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

How does it compare with the level below it? If it's a really substantial step up it'll probably be too much, but I might be able to get by relying on teammates.

A good point of comparison might be to ask how it compares with the later Sanctuary Onslaught waves. If it's harder than waves 7-8 of that, it'll probably be too much for me. If it's roughly the same, I can at least survive enough to avoid inconveniencing my teammates (though I'm kind of doing that anyways due to the whole "no Archwing" thing - I feel bad for making people wait while I run across the plains, though I at least have a pretty fast dash speed).

Standard Onslaught or Elite? I don't remember how rough standard Onslaught bets, but if you're surviving in wave 7-8 of EOS, you should be fine in T5 Bounties.

Honestly, just give it a shot. Even pubs are used to carrying some dead weight at those levels. If you can not die for several minutes at a time you'll be ok.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Helter Skelter posted:

Quickening is also a good alternative to Fury, especially on a combo build.
Compared to non-prime Fury, it's the same polarity, same drain, more attack speed, AND an extra effect on top of that, it's a straight upgrade

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

aegof posted:

Standard Onslaught or Elite? I don't remember how rough standard Onslaught bets, but if you're surviving in wave 7-8 of EOS, you should be fine in T5 Bounties.

Honestly, just give it a shot. Even pubs are used to carrying some dead weight at those levels. If you can not die for several minutes at a time you'll be ok.

Standard. Though I've decided to do the lower difficulties just because it seems like I want to do them anyways, since they give frame blueprints.

Speaking of dead weight, is there some faster way to return to the start after completing a bounty that I'm not aware of? I always feel like a dick making people sit there at the end until time runs out. Even using my Wukong cloud I wasn't able to get back before the timer finishes. I guess most people probably have the AW launcher.

SIGSEGV posted:

Then, while your AW launcher finishes baking, do the Fortuna intro quest and grab yourself a cool space skateboard, it's faster than being on foot at least. If you really want to harvest materials in a jiffy for your AW launcher without annoying others at all, get solo in a high level bounty and ignore it while hitting resource deposits close to the gates in your new skateboard. (You may have to dismount to actually grab them, remember to set your stuff in your gear and to set hotkeys for gear slots 1 though 12.)

Talking about baking, I don't care much for the next incubator and mod station, but the new foundry looks far uglier and lower tech than the previous art for it. Also I know that Steve loves his graphics tech and that graphics tech does scuffed metal really good now, but I loving hate it, I want my place to be well painted and well maintained.

I've already done the Fortuna intro actually, though it didn't give me a skateboard (let me use one for the quest though). It doesn't seem like it'll be that hard to get the mats for the launcher; after just a couple bounties I had like 30 of the resources I need 50 of for each AW thing (though I used them to increase my Cetus rank).

I also got a couple mods from this that are different from other mods I have. Set mods or something?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

build your dang archwing launcher

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

Standard. Though I've decided to do the lower difficulties just because it seems like I want to do them anyways, since they give frame blueprints.

Speaking of dead weight, is there some faster way to return to the start after completing a bounty that I'm not aware of? I always feel like a dick making people sit there at the end until time runs out. Even using my Wukong cloud I wasn't able to get back before the timer finishes. I guess most people probably have the AW launcher.

I've already done the Fortuna intro actually, though it didn't give me a skateboard (let me use one for the quest though). It doesn't seem like it'll be that hard to get the mats for the launcher; after just a couple bounties I had like 30 of the resources I need 50 of for each AW thing (though I used them to increase my Cetus rank).

I also got a couple mods from this that are different from other mods I have. Set mods or something?

It didn't create a pop-up or send an email or anything for me, but I checked my gear menu after the Fortuna quest and had "K-drive-launcher" in my item list.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I find the T5 cetus bounties somewhat easier than the t1-t2, mostly because the consoles and drones have decent amounts of HP.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can actually almost keep up using my cloud. You can really haul rear end with that thing. It's fun just launching through the air at like 200mph.

Also got a Gara part, which is nice. Gara is one of the handful of frames I'm very interested in based on reading about their abilities.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Gara is really really good in various different ways and situations, she's great. I forget if you can actually get her yet, but getting parts early on saves intentional grind later.

Getting good with that cloud turns Wukong into a superb spy frame.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Gara Neuroptics are a little high up on the Cetus levels and she takes a fair amount of mining/fishing, but she's relatively easy to get. Also the rare frame that is incredibly fun to play while also being brain meltingly powerful.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Man, I thought Grendel was just going to be a fun little gimmick frame, but holy crap I think I love him. He's incredibly tanky and he has amazing crowd control and good damage on top of it, and he makes for some hilarious/badass fashionframe.

I splurged on the Lich Hunter set with all the breastplates and armor and stuff, I ended up with some really nice looks, and I'm working on making Executioner Smough from Dark Souls using the Orokin colors. I might also make a Gauss Dragonslayer Ornstein too, because why not?

EDIT: Actually, Wukong makes a better Ornstein.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 24, 2019

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Epsilon Plus posted:

so does akgoon have a drydock/are we building one?

We are (did? I’ve been at work all day), but we legit needed an extra room because that fucker is big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
So with the latest batch of reworks can we agree Zephyr is the only trash-garbage frame remaining in the game?