Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Smol posted:

Pro-tip: reporting players for being AFK doesn’t do anything, so don’t waste your time with it.

Really? :cripes:

I'm getting WoT flashbacks some more.

Also got the 4th consecutive match without a full team. Luckily, the Kaisa and Caitlin in the botlane with me were somehow worse than I was :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve been trying Senna out and while she’s kinda fun, I feel like she does piss all damage and her ult is barely worth using. Could be just in bad but I’m not usually THAT bad.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Samguine blade Vi is hilarious

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

I’ve been trying Senna out and while she’s kinda fun, I feel like she does piss all damage and her ult is barely worth using. Could be just in bad but I’m not usually THAT bad.

What are you building on her? Crit is fairly worthless as an item stat due to the scaling of her passive; she does much better with pure Lethality builds. Still, she's not meant to deal a huge amount of damage, since Q's heal also scales off of AD (and they desperately want to avoid having another Ezreal 1.0 on their hands). Think of her like Ashe: she still deals appreciable damage, but not as much as a Jinx or a Draven, since she has far more utility in comparison to them.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Smol posted:

Pro-tip: reporting players for being AFK doesn’t do anything, so don’t waste your time with it.

The fact that they are afk is a much bigger factor but “reporting doesn’t do anything” is not the case. Report afk dicknozzles

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

How have you been building her? I've had some success with a lethality build and abusing her range in the midgame to chunk down enemy carries before fights. During fights a lot of it comes down to just lining up her abilities to hit multiple targets. Being able to heal most of your team for 200+ while damaging half the the enemy team for 300+ with her Q is something that doesn't pop out a lot but will turn a fight quickly. Same thing with her ult. The shield isn't amazing because it covers a width that's basically twice the width of a lane globally. A well lined up ult is providing 1000+ hp worth of shielding across your team plus chunking part of the enemy team with a +100% bonus AD ratio.

I think she's in a good spot, but she requires a lot of unique positioning due to the way her skill shots work and how slow and squishy she is. She seems like a champ that's going to have a relatively high learning curve, compared to other adcs or caster supports.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If someone has an X on their portrait in the post game, it means the game has already detected they were AFK or disconnected for long enough in that game, and reporting them for being AFK will do nothing.

You can report them for AFK if they were AFK for short enough periods not to get detected, though.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Really? :cripes:

I'm getting WoT flashbacks some more.

Also got the 4th consecutive match without a full team. Luckily, the Kaisa and Caitlin in the botlane with me were somehow worse than I was :)

Reminder that in cases like this where someone doesn't connect at all (or AFKs for the first 3 minutes) your team can /remake to just end the game with no penalty to either team beyond the time you already sunk into champ select + opening minutes. It sucks but at least you don't waste 15-20 minutes.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

This new jungle feels like a huge mixed bag. It feels even loving worse then ever to fall behind but at least some quick clearers I like such as Kayn and Warwick feel a lot more rewarding to play.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Q max Cho’Gath support seems very unfair

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Mikujin posted:

Reminder that in cases like this where someone doesn't connect at all (or AFKs for the first 3 minutes) your team can /remake to just end the game with no penalty to either team beyond the time you already sunk into champ select + opening minutes. It sucks but at least you don't waste 15-20 minutes.

i'm not sure that you can in blind pick

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Toxic Mental posted:

Q max Cho’Gath support seems very unfair

its still his worst role because you are not going to be using his passive much

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Slaapaav posted:

its still his worst role because you are not going to be using his passive much

targons procs are enough i've found

and it doesnt matter because any time their ADC tries to farm you hit them with a Q because it's like a 6 second cooldown now, and poke supports are extremely weak now since everyone goes oom in like 90 seconds

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i played a lot of ziggs support when i got autofilled because i wanted to troll vayne players but i found it very effective because you can always get the push level 1 and hes great at both poking and kiting back with w and e. getting the push level 1 just decides a lot of lanes it seems.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mikujin posted:

Yeah, I didn't know about that option before that specific match, but I was made painfully aware of it when I read the chat message that the 30 seconds to go /remake had expired.

I guess my focus was just completely off chat, so I didn't notice the brief message about the remake.

I'll try to watch for messages like that in the future, I guess, but the majority of the cases that I've experienced aren't clear-cut instances of someone disconnecting within the first couple of minutes, but people just going afk within the first 10 minutes.

I'm assuming that has something to do with avoiding automatic penalties, or something?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
One thing I appreciate is that Elder Dragon is very much a “why haven’t you won yet? Just take this and end already” buff. I’ve played probably at least 50 games and it’s only been relevant in one of them. Souls are also an uncommon thing but they are definitely impactful. Maybe some things need a bit of balance like ocean soul but overall I’m liking the dragon changes. It makes them more obvious as a win condition while before you knew they were powerful but it was hard to feel it per se.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The ocean drake is the best because it makes the map look really loving good

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

chaleski posted:

The ocean drake is the best because it makes the map look really loving good

Infernal is the worst cause it looks like someone spilled Kool-Aid all over the map.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

4th dragon is definitely something you need to be looking for from what I've seen. It's a pretty decent combination of the elemental drake system and the old dragon system.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Sorry if the question came up before, but are there some goon-approved YouTube channels for newbie-tips / tutorials, or generally easy-to-process folks that illustrate how to "play the game"?
I'm looking for pretty much anything in the direction of advice ranging from basic stuff like key-binds, easy-to-learn champs, etc.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ec5astbE0

this is short but its the best guide on how to play support ive ever seen in video form

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
PekinWoof for all things mid lane

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Skill Capped makes fairly informative videos

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ranked rewards are out now. If you got the skin, you get Aatrox for free! This may or may not be a good thing depending on how much ARAM you play. :(

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I got to try Stormrazor Build Jinx in aram today. Its good poo poo. I think her and Jhin are the two who will appreciate Stormrazor first builds/going all in on Energized the most. The fact that you generate so much more charge moving makes it really fun on Jinx especially.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Monathin posted:

I got to try Stormrazor Build Jinx in aram today. Its good poo poo. I think her and Jhin are the two who will appreciate Stormrazor first builds/going all in on Energized the most. The fact that you generate so much more charge moving makes it really fun on Jinx especially.

I feel like it would be Cait/Jhin, with Jinx preferring her old standby of triple rockets from Runaan's. But I could see her very much liking the energize build thanks to her movement yeah.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
I haven't had as much of fun playing lol since playing Teemo with the new Elder dragon buff.
The true bane of all squishy. Nothing forces an enemy team to go full red trinket and desperately ping all the zones that are safe.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive been reading what people think about the preseason jungle changes and let me sum it up for you all

junglers: its bullshit that if you get invaded by a strong duelist you're just down in levels forever and can't win the game
not junglers: why dont you pick a strong duelist then
junglers: you shouldnt have to only pick one type of champion to be viable and besides if the stupid laners responded to invades it wouldnt be a problem
not junglers: what if the laner doesnt have prio tho
junglers: you should always pick a champ with strong lane priority so you can help your jungler

:thunk:

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Aphelios kit has been released

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-preview/aphelios-kit-primer

Switches between 5 different weapons, only has 3 abilities, one of which changes based on his current weapon.

Looks ridiculous!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cause Nidalee and Jayce aren’t balancing nightmares they decided to ratchet it up by 1000% just to see what could happen.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I saw it mentioned a while back that CertainlyT moved to TFT. Was this his parting gift?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is jump the shark levels of idiotic champ design

Predicting he’ll be absolute lowest win rate champ on release from here until the end of the game’s lifespan

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:psyduck: what in the drat fucks.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think maybe they should just release one champion a year if that’s what they come up with.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gut check from me is that any champion that requires an entire blog post to explain the mechanics of is probably a bit too complex. Maybe it'll be different in game, but I'm not holding my breath.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mierenneuker posted:

I saw it mentioned a while back that CertainlyT moved to TFT. Was this his parting gift?
It has to be, because of this gem:

quote:

Since Aphelios automatically learns his Q and R, he puts his 18 level-up points into stats rather than abilities:

Attack Damage
Attack Speed
Bonus Armor Penetration

"Doesn't interact with fundamental conceits of the game the same way" is a hallmark of the big C's champs

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The good news is that apparently the champ after this is going to be male Illaoi + Olaf

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Toxic Mental posted:

The good news is that apparently the champ after this is going to be male Illaoi + Olaf
Does his Q slow enemies while also marking them with a tether that, if broken, spawns a different effect based on the 10s digit on the game clock's seconds, modified by the currently-spawned drake and your enemy mid-laner's missed CS? If this guy's any indication.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I mean literally the next champ is just a dude who punches people and maybe has a dash that’s also a punch like Illaoi W, that’s it, if the leaks are to be believed, and his ult is a big cone punch and his Q is a strong punch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

d0grent posted:

Aphelios kit has been released

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-preview/aphelios-kit-primer

Switches between 5 different weapons, only has 3 abilities, one of which changes based on his current weapon.

Looks ridiculous!

This champion is going to be completely unbalanceable, which is cool because if he's ever decent, I'm banning him all the time so I don't have to learn all this bullshit.

At least Riot knows it's stupid.