Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Trump: Park rangers will patrol Mexican border, arrest migrants

quote:

The Trump administration has ordered rangers from national parks around the country to travel to the U.S.-Mexico border to fight illegal immigration and drug traffickers.

It's an effort that comes as the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives has refused to fund President Donald Trump's border security plan, which calls for more barriers and beefed-up law enforcement along the border.

The directive has seen park rangers from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park in Alaska, the National Mall in Washington, D.C., and Zion National Park in Utah, among others, temporarily relocate to Arizona and Texas to work with Border Patrol agents. And park officials say they've already been told they should continue sending park rangers to the border through September 2020.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Uh, do they just mean the LE Rangers, or all of them?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It's the stupidest possible timeline, sending interp rangers was probably at least considered.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I didn't think the situation could get much worse for the NPS but somehow Trump finds a way. Diverting resources from the parks *and* making already overworked, underpaid rangers do poo poo they never signed up for.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

Uh, do they just mean the LE Rangers, or all of them?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I didn't think the situation could get much worse for the NPS but somehow Trump finds a way. Diverting resources from the parks *and* making already overworked, underpaid rangers do poo poo they never signed up for.

Can he actually *make* them though? Surely they could refuse such an order on grounds that its completely outside their wheelhouse?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If I was them I'd be fining them for all the protected plants and wildlife that I have no doubt they destroy on a daily basis.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Weren't they also looking to privatize the National Park Service? Next logical step is to contract the ranger jobs out to Blackwater.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/theage/status/1198028438495547392

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Rudy said that he had insurance for Trump throwing him under the bus, then Rudy's lawyer said he was joking and meant health insurance.

Well, Rudy brought it up again and it sure doesn't sound like he's talking health insurance.

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1198290213547716609?s=19

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Can he actually *make* them though? Surely they could refuse such an order on grounds that its completely outside their wheelhouse?

If they want to find another job, sure.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Biden’s candidacy is just a honeypot for Pelosi to begin impeachment proceedings. Thank you Joe 🙏

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Rudy said that he had insurance for Trump throwing him under the bus, then Rudy's lawyer said he was joking and meant health insurance.

Well, Rudy brought it up again and it sure doesn't sound like he's talking health insurance.

Hmm, yes, telling a narcissist they can't control you because you'll hurt them back so they should treat you as an equal. What could possibly go wrong with that?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

Hmm, yes, telling a narcissist they can't control you because you'll hurt them back so they should treat you as an equal. What could possibly go wrong with that?

Let's find out, shall we?

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

facialimpediment posted:

No honor among thieves. Also news reporting that the arrested Ukrainian-American associates are ready to make a deal also.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://twitter.com/tuckerhiggins/status/1197860544318980097

:thunk:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yeah, that's what it means Pete. What a loving shitbag.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

maffew buildings posted:

What does it mean for Tulsi Gabbard's motives for joining?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Eh, if he just signed up and got lumped in with everyone else, who cares. He potentially could've eaten a bullet just like anyone else.

If he got a cush posting because he had political friends, well that's a whole other story.

I don't know what he did when he was in, so choose your own adventure here.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Chichevache posted:

Her cult wanted more members with military training

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Get the chance to kill Muslims without that pesky ol’ possibility of getting charged with murder.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Get the chance to kill Muslims without that pesky ol’ possibility of getting charged* with murder.

*convicted

It doesn't matter if you actually get charged with murdering muslims anymore. It's almost 2020.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Chichevache posted:

*convicted

It doesn't matter if you actually get charged with murdering muslims anymore. It's almost 2020.

*punished

Convictions barely matter if POTUS just reverses the punishment.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Godholio posted:

*punished

Convictions barely matter if POTUS just reverses the punishment.

Good point. My bad.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Eyes emoji.

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/1198315481377263617?s=19

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1198313274644877312?s=19

Should be fun when Fox News gets a Navy Secretary canned. Not sure if NavSec is a douche though, I figure most of the service secretaries are nowadays.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
SecNav (and the CNO) waved when crab dad pointed at him like a tourist in a zoo so at least he's nice to the fans.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vasudus posted:

SecNav (and the CNO) waved when crab dad pointed at him like a tourist in a zoo so at least he's nice to the fans.

OH MY GOD THAT'S THE SECRETARY OF THE NAVY

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Fuckit, service is never pure. I got in cuz of family pressure and GI Bill, sister was in for the paycheck and escape from home, buddy was in so he could legally shoot people (but lol he was a supply troop).

I haven't met one pure service member doing it for the love of service. Hell even the crusty SMSgt was so he could tell at 20 year olds over their sideburns.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

maffew buildings posted:

I guess I am a shitbag too because I sure as gently caress didn't sign up out of some noble need to protect America or some other silly bullshit. I joined the military because I was flat broke and too proud to go crawling back home and admit I had failed at being an adult. I stayed in the military because I wanted to suckle that sweet government teet and collect a retirement check by the time I was 40.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I signed up because I was too stupid for rehab.

My service was pure.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
There is a world of difference between that and "this is a solely a checkmark for my political career"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Signing up cause you gotta eat is far purer than signing up to pad out your political resume

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Hmmm, this might catch on and gently caress up a lot of games.

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/1198321969726406663?s=19

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/1198323226654519301?s=19

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Joined X sketchy job because the benefits / perks were good is kinda normal.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

colachute posted:

I signed up because I was too stupid for rehab.

My service was pure.

I stand corrected. Some service is pure.

Edit: I am reminded of my favorite SSgt. He was given the "go to jail or go military" choice. His one regret in life was not snatching Jah Rule's chain when he had the chance. My mentor then and inspiration to this day.

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 23, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

butts was literally and actually Most Likely To Become President in his high school year book, people like that belong on a watch list, not in office

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vasudus posted:

Not my proudest moment.

I joined for health insurance so I could job hop.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I gave the CNO a tour of one of my systems this year. I met Clapper and Coats, too. I’m really good at rubbing elbows with future Trump enemies, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Not my proudest moment.

I joined for health insurance so I could job hop.

It was funny though, and that's all that matters.