Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Blast Fantasto posted:

- She is the lone dissenting juror
- She is racist
- Her and Tim are probably romantically intimate

Weird thing to write but Tim was just the right amount of creepy towards her in the film. It was so stressful watching all of those moments where he was drunk and starting to get handsy, absolutely teetering on the edge of disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
We're dipping out of worlds too freely for me to figure out what real life is (*to the tune of empty bottle*)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Tim's false reality getting crushed completely is always funny. this is just like when gregg pulled the ultimate power move with the ayaka letter in a fanmail segment

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Yes, he has this (usually) unflappable confidence despite his lack of ability/skills/talent in everything he does.

Which I guess is consistent with Gregg being a self proclaimed movie buff despite knowing very little.

And DEKKAR's number one song is called Empty Bottle, so there's that.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Lmao at the rave fluer that says

Electric Sun 19
desert music festival
coming this summer

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Tim should run Electric Sun 20 next year as a SEO tactic at least

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Finally - Office Hours is BACK!

...Tomorrow!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

This On Cinema discussion call-in show is great

edit: so this is a spinoff show of a facebook group about a webshow on a live stream?? what a world

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 20, 2019

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This is an all hands on deck, uh, moment for the company.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Gregg phoning in his reviews to the board meeting slayed me.

e: T&E adjacent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmvpYHXXDpI

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 22, 2019

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I wonder if Mark was arrested because of the VHS selling, or because of Gregg's own Medicare fraud.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

I like his stuff. When I saw T&E live in chicago a couple of years ago he was opening and he had a short sample of Barenaked Ladies going "itttt's been" and was telling jokes using that clip as the punchline. The only two I remember is do you know what they call trash cans in england? "itttt's been" Then he asked if we knew what Osama Ladens middle name was. It was such a dumb thing but I laughed my rear end off and the crowd loved it.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xecOWmh_T9I

This is one of my favorite seemingly one-off Tim related shorts. I hate how much the remix at the end actually bumps

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Mister America was good. It's just nice to be in that world for a bit. Pirated it though obviously.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ICHIBAHN posted:

Mister America was good. It's just nice to be in that world for a bit. Pirated it though obviously.

I didn't think it was a home run at the time but I saw it a month ago and still find myself thinking about it. That's usually the mark of a pretty good movie.

I think it needed more Gregg but they did what they could with him in what was really a Tim story. And he slayed almost every scene he was in. The Shaggy D.A. stuff was great.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 23, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nah I think the amount of Gregg was fine for a Tim film

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

It was only a 4 bagger but I think with a bit more film expertise it would have been 5 bags easy.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Mark Proksch; master impressionist

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

New interview with Tim on the Bullseye podcast. Topic is "Tim Heidecker on the Craziest Day of his Entire Career".

https://maximumfun.org/bullseye/tim-heidecker-craziest-day-his-entire-career

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Chairman Capone posted:

New interview with Tim on the Bullseye podcast. Topic is "Tim Heidecker on the Craziest Day of his Entire Career".

https://maximumfun.org/bullseye/tim-heidecker-craziest-day-his-entire-career

I enjoyed this a lot. The bit about how Tim gets the Decker cadence just right is excellent.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
That whole putting the cue cards too far away technique is great. Love it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
vic berger, if you're out there...I'm praying for you
dont do anything stupid in DALLAS, kid!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

huh posted:

Mark Proksch; master impressionist

This bit of Mark playing Decker is maybe the most I've ever laughed at On Cinema

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mike_V posted:

This bit of Mark playing Decker is maybe the most I've ever laughed at On Cinema

I think the hardest I’ve ever laughed is during the 4th Annual Oscar Special when Tim goes

“Let’s address the elephant in the room. It’s been... (barenaked ladies voice) IT’S BEEN~ heh heh...”

Then goes right into talking about his dead two year old son without skipping a beat

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I was trying to think of my favorite moment but the closest I could come was this entire episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWzt9NRe8Ac

Especially when Joe goes into the potato story.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I was reading the wiki page for MST3K's Keving Murphy(bc I'm a huge nerd) and I came across this interesting blurb.

quote:

After the end of MST3K, Murphy spent the year 2001 going to a different movie every day and wrote a book about this experience, entitled A Year at the Movies: One Man's Filmgoing Odyssey. During his year at the movies, Murphy samples theatres from small-town boxes to urban megaplexes, attempts (and rejects) a theatre-food diet, suffers a kidney stone, visits both the Sundance and Cannes film festivals, sneaks Thanksgiving dinner into a showing of Monsters, Inc., and records all of these experiences, both good and bad. His feat – viewing over four hundred films on four continents – was mentioned in Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I haven't read it a number of years now, but I remember that book being a lot of fun.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Another Bill posted:

I was reading the wiki page for MST3K's Keving Murphy(bc I'm a huge nerd) and I came across this interesting blurb.

Perfect.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Josh Trank is on Twitter asking Tim if he can direct the 2020 On Cinema Oscar Special. I would love to see that.

Also they're both making fun of Marvel fans still upset at Scorsese.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just saw a commercial for Values.com on TV. I had completely forgotten that that was Tim's gimmick one season, and that it was a real thing. But after that memory being reawakened, I remember really liking that bit.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Diabolik900 posted:

I haven't read it a number of years now, but I remember that book being a lot of fun.

Yeah, it wasn't as much about the movies, as it was about the experience of movie going in various countries and settings. Also lots of pop corn expertise, so I give it five bags and maybe a pot of coffee to let you see more movies in fewer days.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Because of how I watch On Cinema, I tend to have to wait for episodes to get upped to YT, so I am just now watching s11e9. Oh my god, it's so good.

Paraphrasing: "MoneyZap, you've got two choices. You can either forgive the debt, or you can give me another loan."

Another Bill posted:

Lol, that's kinda perfect.

The other day I was watching a recent Office Hours and Tim shared fond memories of watching the MST3K Turkey Day marathons. I mean, I'm not even mildly surprised to learn he's a fan, but it warmed my heart just cause two funny things I love intersected.

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 29, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PROBLEM SOLVED

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tim really does look like a Trump son.

I wonder if in the Oscar Special/next season, Mark being put in a coma in jail is going to be the On Cinema version of "Epstein was killed"

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
We never got to see John Stotten :(

Edit:

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 29, 2019

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1200913256958681088?s=21

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
“Is Mark dead or alive?” is definitely going to be the focus of this year’s Oscar special

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1201284552284442624?s=21

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1201287629016203264?s=21

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1201288972581818368?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I was watching some Check it Out tonight, and I never realized until now that Douggpound and Gregg helped write the season 2 (and only season 2) episodes.