Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Flopsy posted:

Whatcha got so far? Gimme the juicy details!

The best so far is a 4IV adamant Farfetchd in a... The green apricorn ball. Friend ball? A lot of other breeding stuff. 3-4IV stuff from other countries like Duraludon and Corsola (I've got shield).

I'm just used to getting garbage with wonder trade so it's a nice surprise

blizzardvizard posted:

Grimmsnarl can't learn Snarl.....

Polteageist can't learn Scald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Zodack posted:

Polteageist can't learn Scald

blizzardvizard posted:

Grimmsnarl can't learn Snarl.....

Am I still in time to ask for a refund?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Polteageist is too polite to scald! It's only ever at a drinkable temperature.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Zodack posted:

Either of those dreepies in a Moon ball? I've been trading them all day to free up space

Also trying to not hang myself after taking on a 5 star water absorb Quagsire with an NPC using exclusively water moves against it. Repeatedly. It won't stop appearing no matter how many times I try

Ultra balls looks like. As someone playing more casually I do appreciate people dumping cool/good pokemons into the open air though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Asked earlier but trying again as I'm currently hatching eggs for shiny mons and trying to find a way to go as fast as I can. I know that as soon as the egg is handed to you, the results of whats in it are set in stone- so would it be faster to fill up a bunch of boxes, hatch, reset if there's no shiny and then do it again?

Or am I somehow decreasing my chances by doing that and I should just release a thousand sobbles or whatever into the wild

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Axetrain posted:

Ultra balls looks like. As someone playing more casually I do appreciate people dumping cool/good pokemons into the open air though.

If it’s adamant with at least 4 perfect IVs then chances are its one of mine.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Asked earlier but trying again as I'm currently hatching eggs for shiny mons and trying to find a way to go as fast as I can. I know that as soon as the egg is handed to you, the results of whats in it are set in stone- so would it be faster to fill up a bunch of boxes, hatch, reset if there's no shiny and then do it again?

Or am I somehow decreasing my chances by doing that and I should just release a thousand sobbles or whatever into the wild

There was a method in SuMo/USUMO that you could grab 2 pokemons with a fast hatching rate, hatch a full box, reset if you didn't get shiny, repeat till you get a shiny, count in which position the shiny was in, reset, switch with the pokemon you want to get a shiny of and hatch the egg that ended on the same box spot or something like that. any news if this was ever patched?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Can wishing pieces only do one pokemon per den per day? I used one for a Ditto raid. I then did it again but this time it's Diggersby

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Macaluso posted:

Can wishing pieces only do one pokemon per den per day? I used one for a Ditto raid. I then did it again but this time it's Diggersby

Ditto only spawns from Rare dens. Diggersby is from the regular den pool.

You can spawn the same pokemon from the same den multiple times per day. Yesterday I got a 5 star Toxicroak twice in a row

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Macaluso posted:

No, I save-scummed purple columns hoping for alacremie G-Max but got got two 4* mawhile raids back to back. I can't complain too much, since mawhile's one of my favorite pokemon and I'm glad they made it into the dex.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I can't seem to combine the drake and fish fossils. The lady asks for drake and fish to combine with Dino and bird and I can't get my dang arctovish

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Gay Horney posted:

I can't seem to combine the drake and fish fossils. The lady asks for drake and fish to combine with Dino and bird and I can't get my dang arctovish
arctovish is fish and dino

bird - tiny elec drago, drake - green tail, fish - fishhead, dino - seal thing

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

lezard_valeth posted:

Ditto only spawns from Rare dens. Diggersby is from the regular den pool.

You can spawn the same pokemon from the same den multiple times per day. Yesterday I got a 5 star Toxicroak twice in a row

There are wild ditto all over lake of outrage. I had a few of them I caught for friends. Just uncommon/rare overworld spawns.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So I don't have an online subscription so I can't trade with people online, but I wanted a dreepy. I was kind of dreading grinding one out... they have a 1% encounter rate, and only in certain weather. The weather was bad the past two days, and today it was overcast, a 1% encounter rate...

I have a plan, I caught a Snorlax that knows yawn, I got a pokemon of similar level to help (carefully) damage it without killing it. I'm stocked up on dusk balls. I'm prepared to hit these random encounters all night if I have to.

First encounter is a Dreepy. I panic and throw a dusk ball immediately. Catch it. It's adamant. Has the ability I want too.

That'll do!

Any poor IVs, that's what god made bottle caps for. I'm just using this for the battle tower anyway.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Dear Solrock:

gently caress you.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bell_ posted:

No, I save-scummed purple columns hoping for alacremie G-Max but got got two 4* mawhile raids back to back. I can't complain too much, since mawhile's one of my favorite pokemon and I'm glad they made it into the dex.

It's loving murder trying to get the purple beams let me tell ya. But poo poo when it works does it ever work. Still blown away that polteageist I managed to snag was in the 1%.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Yo Hop, what are you doing with Zacian in this freindly post-game tournament? Can't you see I'm using a level 100 long meowth to grind for money and exp? Why you gotta wipe my team like that.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
The catch rate for Gigantamax Pokémon is utterly miserable, I can confirm that. I managed to find raids for Charizard, Hatterene, Gengar, and Lapras, and each one of them shook off a Repeat Ball (3x catch rate in normal circumstances) like it was nothing and left me empty handed.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wonder if those balls that become more effective the longer the battle is going are useful after long 5 star raids

also, dusk balls?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

to be clear there's no point to the gigantamax forms right. you can only get them postgame, you cant use them for online battles, and theyre gonna be removed for the next games like every other gimmick?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Super No Vacancy posted:

to be clear there's no point to the gigantamax forms right. you can only get them postgame, you cant use them for online battles, and theyre gonna be removed for the next games like every other gimmick?

They look cool, nerd

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I've spent about three hours total looking for an Eiscue and I'm convinced that it does not actually exist

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Bleck posted:

I've spent about three hours total looking for an Eiscue and I'm convinced that it does not actually exist

You want an egg? Get on 2209 in a few minutes

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I'll be there!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

You can get them during your regular gameplay by joining other people's raids. Butterfree and Centiskorch right now can spawn in any den randomly starting from 3 stars. The rest are all 5 star dens only, which you can join other players once you get to 4 star I think, but they won't spawn from your dens till postgame.

Gigantamax Pokemon have unique G-moves which have different effects. Machamp's increases your critical chance, Lapras sets up Aurora Veil if there's a hail, Centiskorch catches your enemies in a fire spin effect, etc.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

You want an egg? Get on 2209 in a few minutes

I keep getting disconnected from the person I'm connecting to!

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Bleck posted:

I keep getting disconnected from the person I'm connecting to!

Weird... it's just said "Connecting" the whole time for me :/

Errr.... "searching", rather

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Life is suffering!

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Blind Pokemon Sword Nuzlocke down. :toot:

That went a lot more smoothly than my blind Nuzlocke of Pokemon Moon did. Zero wipes, and way easier to level-up replacement 'mon thanks to raids, even if the matchmaking for them was awful.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bleck posted:

Life is suffering!

Oh gamefreak online services what won't you loving ruin?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm watching my fiance play and try to do trades w/o GTS or friends or anything, and it's the saddest thing.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pro Tip nick name your pokemon what you want to trade it for, so that you can communicate with the other player. Have many pokemon named after phrases that you would use regularly.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

Pro Tip nick name your pokemon what you want to trade it for, so that you can communicate with the other player. Have many pokemon named after phrases that you would use regularly.

Am a purist, nicknames are a sin.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Am I missing anything about link trading done with people you pass by, or did they really remove all the progress they've made in sun/moon ? Like, is there something that's supposed to tell me what the gently caress the other person wants, or am I really just supposed to put up random poo poo I think they will want until they accept/disconnect. Or am I missing something.

It's a huge bummer they got rid of the sun/moon system, that actually let me compete a nationaldex for the first time. :(

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

lezard_valeth posted:

You can get them during your regular gameplay by joining other people's raids. Butterfree and Centiskorch right now can spawn in any den randomly starting from 3 stars. The rest are all 5 star dens only, which you can join other players once you get to 4 star I think, but they won't spawn from your dens till postgame.

Gigantamax Pokemon have unique G-moves which have different effects. Machamp's increases your critical chance, Lapras sets up Aurora Veil if there's a hail, Centiskorch catches your enemies in a fire spin effect, etc.
the game says they're five star only, but g-butterfree shows up in 2 star raids all the time, I joined an online 3 star drednaw raid, and I had a 3 star sandaconda on my own game before the 6th gym.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meridian posted:

Am a purist, nicknames are a sin.

I used to never nickname but I had a friend watching me play Sun and they pushed me to do it, and it's kinda fun, like naming your Xcom soldiers. I still don't know if I'd keep it up, but I had a theme in mind for this game so it helped.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There are wild ditto all over lake of outrage. I had a few of them I caught for friends. Just uncommon/rare overworld spawns.

Raids ones have minimum 4 perfect IVs. Breeders want those for a reason.

I'm gonna check back into the thread late night on Sunday. I should have perfect galarian ponyta by then. I hope to be able to trade a few 5IV ones with goons by then. My next mon is growithe and then probably goomy.

(´ . .̫ . `) I've heard there's gonna be a big push to surprise trade 5/6iv version exclusives on christmas morning so I am working towards a varied stockpile.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

https://twitter.com/Madam_Adequate/status/1198483770115969025

GOTY

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Forgive my ignorance, but is it viable to level a garbage Ditto, swap natures with a mint and use bottle caps to max IVs and then use that for breeding or do you absolutely need to catch one with all the good poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Meridian posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but is it viable to level a garbage Ditto, swap natures with a mint and use bottle caps to max IVs and then use that for breeding or do you absolutely need to catch one with all the good poo poo?

I don't think mints or bottle caps actually change natures or IVs themselves rather than altering the stats they affect accordingly. It wouldn't matter for the purposes of passing down those traits with breeding.