Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lol what the hell is this Aerochute minigame

Like PilotWings but with a Kinect level of fidelity and precision, I'm gonna die here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

Is that active or real time? I feel it's based on active going off my experience.

Pretty sure its 10 min active time.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

There's more cross-over-head split squat stuff where that came from.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Well, with a base STR growth of 35%, Rhea needs all the help she can get to bring it up.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I cannot smack all the frisbees back at all the robots, it's not gonna happen, because whenever I need to smack back two in rapid succession I get an intentional input that fucks me up ):

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
I am physically incapable of doing proper squats (I don't know why! My legs just don't bend that far!). I was so happy when I could switch that attack for a different one, and then the very next level they implemented chests that could only be opened by squatting. I had to cheat by using my hand to stabilize myself. :negative:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Still Fluxing posted:

I am physically incapable of doing proper squats (I don't know why! My legs just don't bend that far!). I was so happy when I could switch that attack for a different one, and then the very next level they implemented chests that could only be opened by squatting. I had to cheat by using my hand to stabilize myself. :negative:
There are also:
Two types of springs for long/high jumps;
Swings where you squat to swing;
A vehicle which makes you squat while doing poo poo with your arms to move through low tunnels.
A vehicle that it propelled by squatting. Sometimes it may go uphill.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If you need assistance to do some exercises you shouldn't feel bad about it, just do what you need to safely complete it and then over time you can see if it gets easier.

If it is a significant issue you can always turn on assists for specific exercises that will let you button through parts where they are required for progress

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you need assistance to do some exercises you shouldn't feel bad about it, just do what you need to safely complete it and then over time you can see if it gets easier.

If it is a significant issue you can always turn on assists for specific exercises that will let you button through parts where they are required for progress

I'm not gonna get too disheartened by this. I already knew I had terrible squatting form, but the Switch not even registering my squats was a bit of a blow to my ego! I thought the batteries needed charging at first, but nope, my baby squats were just not good enough. :D

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Still Fluxing posted:

I'm not gonna get too disheartened by this. I already knew I had terrible squatting form, but the Switch not even registering my squats was a bit of a blow to my ego! I thought the batteries needed charging at first, but nope, my baby squats were just not good enough. :D

Have you tried moving the leg strap somewhere different higher up or lower on the thigh?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Still Fluxing posted:

Adjust the position of the leg strap. It needs to face forward, not to the side.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

It took me forever and a lot of extra energy figuring out you had to wait for the music tone before releasing on the squat jump pads.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mountain climbers were not as bad as I was dreading

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Now do another set 😈

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I encountered Mountain Climbers for the first time and it has made me rethink my plan to put the difficulty up soon. I didn't mind it though (aside from slipping on the first rep and tweaking my ankle), the hyper sweaty cardio bits are becoming some of my favourites to the dismay of my t-shirts. I am starting to reliably get 20+ minutes every day as well.

Also level 30 :toot:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

Now do another set 😈

it was the leg gym so I havent unlocked them proper yet, when do they unlock?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Junpei Hyde posted:

it was the leg gym so I havent unlocked them proper yet, when do they unlock?

When you die and end up in The Bad Place

I unlocked flutter kicks today, I’m super pumped to try them. If I die tell my wife I loved her

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I bought a yoga mat for this game so I guess I'm committed!

I have been taking my time on a difficulty setting where one or two levels is enough to wear me out so I'm just in the middle of World 4. Overhead Arm Twist feels like a imba superweapon, the kind that would get nerfed in another game

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I unlocked overhead arm twist but found out I'm too tall to do it in my flat.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

:same:

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

njsykora posted:

Make it kneeling or sitting then.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I was thinking of checking this out but it was low on my list after seeing there's no known black Friday deals. Shortly after, I happened to be in a Walmart and noticed that it was being sold at a much lower price compared to all the online listings. Anyway, if anyone is looking to buy, it may be a good idea to check your local Walmart as it was listed at $68.33. YMMV I suppose but you'll still burn some calories by simply walking a lap around the store.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

njsykora posted:

Hold the top part of the ring instead of the bottom.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

RVWinkle posted:

I was thinking of checking this out but it was low on my list after seeing there's no known black Friday deals. Shortly after, I happened to be in a Walmart and noticed that it was being sold at a much lower price compared to all the online listings. Anyway, if anyone is looking to buy, it may be a good idea to check your local Walmart as it was listed at $68.33. YMMV I suppose but you'll still burn some calories by simply walking a lap around the store.

This might come as a shock to you, but you burn significantly more calories in a shorter amount of time doing dedicated, vigorous exercise than just walking.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

walmart generally has a lot of recently released games at $10 less than MSRP. of course that means actually going into a walmart.

also wanted to pop in and say this game fuckin' owns, i've been at it 6 days now and i love it. i actually find myself wanting to play it MORE but i know i can't/shouldn't due to being physically limited. that's such a great feeling in a twisted way.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 24, 2019

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Me last night: man, warrior 1 is easy, I don't even feel it, I feel like I'm cheating here.
Me today: oh God my sides

Anyways, should I aim for a longer workout, or a shorter and more intense one? I've found a difficulty I can work up a sweat and keep going at around 75-80% heart rate for a while very comfortably. Last night I got the "hey wanna quit?" and declined cus I was still feeling good, and then when it prompted me again I still felt like I could keep going (but called it a night just in case). I feel like that's probably a good sign to up the difficulty, but I'm not sure what the ideal should be - whether I should aim to go for longer workouts, or more intense ones.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

so how do I get the recipe for apple smoothies cause I have a side quest to get one

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

so how do I get the recipe for apple smoothies cause I have a side quest to get one

Next screen, then go back.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

CodfishCartographer posted:

Me last night: man, warrior 1 is easy, I don't even feel it, I feel like I'm cheating here.
Me today: oh God my sides

Anyways, should I aim for a longer workout, or a shorter and more intense one? I've found a difficulty I can work up a sweat and keep going at around 75-80% heart rate for a while very comfortably. Last night I got the "hey wanna quit?" and declined cus I was still feeling good, and then when it prompted me again I still felt like I could keep going (but called it a night just in case). I feel like that's probably a good sign to up the difficulty, but I'm not sure what the ideal should be - whether I should aim to go for longer workouts, or more intense ones.

i've decided to do shorter ones. usually 15 minutes of active time each time, and try to work out every night. once I get into a habit where I am exercising every night no matter what, I'll bump my time up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I would personally lean towards short and intense, as I buy into the benefits of high-intensity interval training (HIIT)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I do a half hour each time. I have an Apple Watch and set it to “other” under exercise. Once I see a half hour or so has elapsed I stop. If I am doing stuff like making smoothies or navigating menus or whatever I will pause it so most of my time is spent actually exercising.

I got Leg Lifts and tbh they’re easier if you lean back like it tells you to. If you sit up in more of a boat pose you get more out of it. World 7 down! I really love this game.

I bought a scale to see if I’m losing weight and I guess I am a little? I’m at 204 and the last time I was weighed it was closer to 210. I think I just need to eat less but I’m hungry drat it!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I do a half hour each time. I have an Apple Watch and set it to “other” under exercise. Once I see a half hour or so has elapsed I stop. If I am doing stuff like making smoothies or navigating menus or whatever I will pause it so most of my time is spent actually exercising.

If you press ZR you can cycle the cal display to show time worked or distance run.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I got Leg Lifts and tbh they’re easier if you lean back like it tells you to. If you sit up in more of a boat pose you get more out of it. World 7 down! I really love this game.

I bought a scale to see if I’m losing weight and I guess I am a little? I’m at 204 and the last time I was weighed it was closer to 210. I think I just need to eat less but I’m hungry drat it!

You can't outrun a bad diet. Cut sugar and ALL starchy snacks, those are particularly bad for you.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pollyanna posted:

You can't outrun a bad diet. Cut sugar and ALL starchy snacks, those are particularly bad for you.

My wife and I switched to seltzer water from soda a couple years ago (like many people our generation) and holy poo poo sugar cravings are real and terrible. I usually eat something very small to satisfy the craving like one cookie or a small piece of dark chocolate or one of those 100 calorie frozen yogurt bars. But I could never cut sugar completely out of my diet, I like to eat fruit and chocolate and stuff too much. And I usually snack on nuts or trail mix or nutty granola bars, not starches. But I also don’t count calories that I eat or portion out my food or anything because that’s way too tedious. I guess I’ll never be back at 175 like I was when I worked at a bicycle shop!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Why the gently caress is this thing resetting all the tutorials every other day? I don't need to be instructed on the victory pose in World 11.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Why the gently caress is this thing resetting all the tutorials every other day? I don't need to be instructed on the victory pose in World 11.

It's a re-calibration trick has been my assumption.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

finished world 4 this morning, went into world 5 and hit the leg gym there. hey gently caress mountain climbers these are actually the worst thing!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

My wife and I switched to seltzer water from soda a couple years ago (like many people our generation) and holy poo poo sugar cravings are real and terrible. I usually eat something very small to satisfy the craving like one cookie or a small piece of dark chocolate or one of those 100 calorie frozen yogurt bars. But I could never cut sugar completely out of my diet, I like to eat fruit and chocolate and stuff too much. And I usually snack on nuts or trail mix or nutty granola bars, not starches. But I also don’t count calories that I eat or portion out my food or anything because that’s way too tedious. I guess I’ll never be back at 175 like I was when I worked at a bicycle shop!

i was in this boat earlier this year. i also agree with polyanna, exercise isn't good for pursuing weight-loss. I've injured myself a couple of times trying to exercise myself out of being fat.

for me, what worked was a ketogenic diet + intermittent fasting. cutting out all but 20g of carbs actually helped a lot when it came to finally curbing my sugar cravings. likewise, on the days I am eating i'm not hungry, and I've managed to lose enough weight to be in the normal BMI range for my height for the first time in a decade and a half.

imo, it's best to leave weightloss to diet and exercise cause you want to be healthier in general.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don’t want to lose weight bad enough to try some kind of fad diet but this isn’t a thread about nutrition it’s a thread about a fun exercise video game. And I will continue to exercise and probably be healthy even if I am still 200lbs. Maybe I’ll commit to eating less calories but I love food so it’s difficult!

Edit: my evil coworkers leave delicious candy on their desks because they want me to fail. The temptation is very strong.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I don’t want to lose weight bad enough to try some kind of fad diet but this isn’t a thread about nutrition it’s a thread about a fun exercise video game. And I will continue to exercise and probably be healthy even if I am still 200lbs. Maybe I’ll commit to eating less calories but I love food so it’s difficult!

Edit: my evil coworkers leave delicious candy on their desks because they want me to fail. The temptation is very strong.

sorry, just wanted to share what worked for me since i had similar issues.

my coworkers did that to me too. especially when I was fasting. one actually tried to force-feed me once.

i hope you stick to your diet and reach the weight you want.