Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

tuo posted:

Regarding space games: is X4 cool and good to buy if I enjoyed the original X3 plus Terran Conflict or however the expansion was called?

Last I checked, it was still buggy enough that people were recommending waiting for a few more patches. If you really want space legs in your X game it is apprently still fun though.

Personally I'm waiting on Steam's next sale then I'll probably grab it.

Edit: low effort taxxe

NumptyScrub fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I don’t think they have anything in the pipeline to have an uptick for the rest of the year. That ‘marketing’ sure will be useful now

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

echothreealpha posted:

Reckon the best way they can try and get themselves out of the rut is by working on ... making it ... somewhat fun...

Oh man are they ever screwed.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Av-sized

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Scruffpuff posted:

Before: near-instantaneous response to anything posted in the thread, from renaming the Aegis Potato to us catching artistic plagiarism; every crime and misstep was quickly walked back and/or covered, sometimes aggressively
Now: a CitizenCon mosaic featuring Crobear is proudly posted to their own Twitter feed, and left there indefinitely in that state

whaaa?

https://twitter.com/repools/status/1198427222220169222

lol

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Speaking of X4. It's hilarious that SC needs a 2 minute loading wormhole minigame and X4 instantly transitions to the next system with its jumpgates.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Poor bag dude looks like he's losing use of his right hand due to asphyxiation.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

echothreealpha posted:

Reckon the best way they can try and get themselves out of the rut is by working on Theatres of War, making it into a somewhat fun experience, and then sponsoring some big name Twitch streamers to promote it some time next year, and somehow entice them into the Star Citizen MMO.

Yeah, Theaters of War was fast-tracked for this very reason — to give the Rexes of the world a better way to shout/sell Star Citizen to viewers.

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019
Did they announce anything in the past hour?

Tracker just jumped from sub-10k per hour on average to 100k.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

echothreealpha posted:

Nah, just anniversary sale

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

echothreealpha posted:

Other than the sale, it's also the average time it takes the backers to spin themselves back into believing in the dream and Crobbear's magic coding skills.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Rexzilla/status/1198599610664505344

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

echothreealpha posted:

Anvil Carrack and Pisces went on sale. I actually think the Pisces is gonna sell a lot, it's essentially the only starter ship that is really usable for their 90% crate-based gameplay. Anybody sitting on a Mustang or Aurora is gonna be looking at them with a bit of envy.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17357-Smoother-Sailing-In-The-Protectorate

F O N T S
O
N
T
S

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Citizencon 2019: Moved to concern

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It was indeed a pathetic display at the con, but I think those of you declaring the beginning of the end are once again really underestimating backers' delusion levels. I think they can keep up the pace for a few more years. S42 actually being released will likely be a much bigger tipping point, if it ever actually happens.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

It's oozing fideliteh

The engine may be blinking "torture"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tuo posted:

Regarding space games: is X4 cool and good to buy if I enjoyed the original X3 plus Terran Conflict or however the expansion was called?

Wait for the new expansion early next year or if you’re even more deranged for the Star Wars mod to get updated for X4

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

One of these guys made fat bank screaming “I’m willing to put $20000 into this game — I’M WILLING TO SPEND IT ALL!!!” The other used a CitizenCon broadcast to livestream a profoundly personal life event.

Guess which one CIG made a game mode for?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It was indeed a pathetic display at the con, but I think those of you declaring the beginning of the end are once again really underestimating backers' delusion levels.

I don’t think the end is near for CIG, just that big changes may be underway behind the scenes. Some of them forced upon Chris by others.

It looks like we already saw one this year — the removal (or departure) of Sandi Gardiner. Chris didn’t even mention her at CitCon 2019, though she’s been front and center at every CitCon since 2014.

With no official explanation, we’re left to speculate what it means and how much it matters. Either she left on her own or was pushed out. Since the money’s been so good, the spotlight free and bright, and the demands so low, it sure seems like Sandi wouldn’t just walk away on her own.

Since Chris wasn’t likely the one pushing, it’s reasonable to wonder if other parties are making executive level changes for him. And to wonder if there’s more forced changes in store for 2020.

/StarCitizen mods deleted a thread about the subject yesterday. The same mods DIDN’T delete “The Lady Macbeth” discussion from the subreddit two months back, a post which saw hundreds of backers commenting and many of them positively about Bootcha’s latest documentary entry. Why are they banning discussion of an executive level disappearance if it isn’t true? Why not just have Zylow show up and say “Hey guys, Sandi’s still running things she’s just been really busy!”

Anyway, it’s hard to see what it all means right now. But if nothing else, the CIG Management status quo that went untouched from 2013-2018 has changed and may change further still in 2020.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Sarsapariller posted:

Sean's gonna be fired within the next 6 months

Nobody upstages the Chairman. Nobody.

Thing that blows me away is no questions about sq42. Is their a hive mind involved and it has been decided that sq42 does not exist until it does?

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019

monkeytek posted:

Thing that blows me away is no questions about sq42. Is their a hive mind involved and it has been decided that sq42 does not exist until it does?

Reality will hit them, badly.

Honestly think CIG will make a lot of changes next year. There definitely has been some noticeable art and graphical improvements with every patch, but everything else seems like a china vase being put together with staples.

Well, either they make a lot of changes or downsize drastically.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

In the future, french and US military salute have meshed.

Megalobster
Aug 31, 2018

G0RF posted:

I don’t think the end is near for CIG, just that big changes may be underway behind the scenes. Some of them forced upon Chris by others.

It looks like we already saw one this year — the removal (or departure) of Sandi Gardiner. Chris didn’t even mention her at CitCon 2019, though she’s been front and center at every CitCon since 2014.

With no official explanation, we’re left to speculate what it means and how much it matters. Either she left on her own or was pushed out. Since the money’s been so good, the spotlight free and bright, and the demands so low, it sure seems like Sandi wouldn’t just walk away on her own.

Since Chris wasn’t likely the one pushing, it’s reasonable to wonder if other parties are making executive level changes for him. And to wonder if there’s more forced changes in store for 2020.

/StarCitizen mods deleted a thread about the subject yesterday. The same mods DIDN’T delete “The Lady Macbeth” discussion from the subreddit two months back, a post which saw hundreds of backers commenting and many of them positively about Bootcha’s latest documentary entry. Why are they banning discussion of an executive level disappearance if it isn’t true? Why not just have Zylow show up and say “Hey guys, Sandi’s still running things she’s just been really busy!”

Anyway, it’s hard to see what it all means right now. But if nothing else, the CIG Management status quo that went untouched from 2013-2018 has changed and may change further still in 2020.

That's not even taking into account that the Crytek lawsuit is currently in discovery, and trial is still scheduled to begin June 16th 2020. In legal time, 6 months is like 2 weeks.

That CitCon didn't only smell of despair and defeatism, it was also obviously cutting the costs, for the event itself (no big venue, no outrageously expensive ship models, rehashing useless keynotes, etc.), but also for the yearly CitCon demo that is usually a money sink.
They're probably saving cash as much as they can. That would also explain why they are not hiring and still have 70+ open job offers, and why they've been cutting back on the videos.

My unsubstantiated gut guess is that they're bracing for impact, they know how bad a jury trial can be, and that a court decision to fully stop the development because they're infringing on Crytek's IP is a real possibility. They also most likely have the investors pressuring them behind the scenes. A nice mix.

If you sum up what they showed in this Con, they still have nothing to show for and they're trying to add some battlefield mode to their unplayable game, which seems dumb because it's not gonna attract anyone new to this joke. To me that sounds like something desperately done to calm down the investors, if not even directly dictated by them.

It is really a bad sign that they're not willing to spend more cash to get more sandworms in their CitCon demo to keep the dream machine going so that the faithful keep throwing cash at them. Maybe they simply can't anymore.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

This got a round of applause. So many commando dreams in one.

Breath of the Wild!

Stairs!

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 24, 2019

echothreealpha
Nov 22, 2019
The scripting was blatant in that one. While they were in conversation with the hologram, those NPCs just stopped moving after a while, and only started when they quit the conversation.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

How hard were they making GBS threads themselves backstage when the "fabric" caught on a fidelitous polygonal nut?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What I liked about the shirt thing was instead of draped over the end it look liked it had 3 pounds of starch on it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

They kept this in the YT upload.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget Chris said if you don't stay inside the wormhole tunnel you'll get dumped into some random part of space, cause they've definitely modeled interstellar space.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

to support that there is end day's feels going on at citcon.

listen to Cr's voice crack up during early day's speach.
https://youtu.be/n9fKOwXIMx4?t=304

https://youtu.be/fCDOM2UULhE?t=1673 this the end of citizencon and the roadmap. That is most vague/realistic roadmap they have done. No dates etc..

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 24, 2019

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Why are they working on so many gimmicks instead of making their game fun and playable?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

Wait for the new expansion early next year or if you’re even more deranged for the Star Wars mod to get updated for X4

Okay...but I don't have to pledge anywhere to get that, right?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

keyframe posted:

Why are they working on so many gimmicks instead of making their game fun and playable?

They do. Sean Tracy said on stage that "fun comes first, everything else second". That's why they worked on a game mode which no one asked for and wasn't fun enough at the con for the general community to play, which has only a vague release date based on "when it's totally fun" and why only paid streamers talked - and praised it - until now.

YOU FUDSTER!!!

e: I assume that's also why he "hatte absolut einen im Tee" when presenting it

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Put the bagman into mocap!

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

"Fund comes first, game maybe later"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dark Off posted:

to support that there is end day's feels going on at citcon.

listen to Cr's voice crack up during early day's speach.
https://youtu.be/n9fKOwXIMx4?t=304

https://youtu.be/fCDOM2UULhE?t=1673 this the end of citizencon and the roadmap. That is most vague/realistic roadmap they have done. No dates etc..

Spoilers for death stranding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tYEhXxVEwo

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SelenicMartian posted:

Put the bagman into mocap!

That second pic is probably what bagman actually saw in his biodome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I only watched the live stream for a bit, and I'm sure as gently caress not wading through the recordings, but can anyone tell me if they showed ANY live footage of theaters of war?

Did they interview anyone other than that one player who basically just summed up basic gameplay stuff and said "it's good!"?

Did the general attendee population get a chance to play it, or was it only that highly curated group?