Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sample_text posted:

So with the latest batch of reworks can we agree Zephyr is the only trash-garbage frame remaining in the game?

Nah, Vauban, Hydroid, Revenant, and Nyx still aren't good either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
What about Limbo? They should have shoved whoever came up with this alternate dimension for one frame out the window like brand.

ed: also revanent is good, aside from his 3.

Mehrunes fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Nov 24, 2019

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Limbo is possibly the most complicated and useful utility warframe in the game, capable of locking down objectives and restoring energy to his allies. Lots of people play him badly, but that's like rallying against wrenches because you saw a guy trying to wipe his rear end with one.

EDIT: Homeboy also tips his hat when he backflips and JoJo poses when he casts his technomagic, he is classy as gently caress.

EDIT 2, ELECTRIC BOOGALOO:

Mehrunes posted:

ed: also revanent is good, aside from his 3.

Revenant is bad. He has one good ability, one so-so ability, and two garbage abilities. He also does a lovely job of living up to his aesthetic of "Sentient vampire warframe."

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 24, 2019

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sample_text posted:

So with the latest batch of reworks can we agree Zephyr is the only trash-garbage frame remaining in the game?

there's at least half a dozen frames worse than her cause she has 90% DR, good mobility with her 1 and her 4 can gently caress things up when using the right weapons

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

Screaming Idiot posted:

Revenant is bad. He has one good ability, one so-so ability, and two garbage abilities. He also does a lovely job of living up to his aesthetic of "Sentient vampire warframe."

Revenant has literal invincibility and a pbaoe attack that's main weakness is relying on line of sight but will otherwise kill everything. Are you trying to say that any frame without Spores is bad?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mehrunes posted:

Revenant has literal invincibility and a pbaoe attack that's main weakness is relying on line of sight but will otherwise kill everything. Are you trying to say that any frame without Spores is bad?

Wukong was also nearly unkillable, and he was still bad. Not everybody has to be Saryn, but nobody should be Revanent.

Also, Revanent does almost nothing associated with Sentients beyond the his hilarious-looking Ballas-ballet. Maybe the damage resistance could be stretched to meet the similarity, but that's about it. Maybe give him the ability to do irresistible Tau damage? Replace his thralls with summoned actual non-holographic Vomvalysts? Make the geysers that shoot out of the ground cover a wider area? C'mon, give him something.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 24, 2019

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

Screaming Idiot posted:

Wukong was also nearly unkillable, and he was still bad. Not everybody has to be Saryn, but nobody should be Revanent.

I never played origin Wukong but from what I've heard invicibility was literally his only skill like Reve... oh right, you only brought Wukong up because you don't have an actual argument. Maybe instead of whining about Revenant you could actually let everyone know specifically why he's so bad in words that are less useless than "sentient vampire warframe".

edit: ok you posted more and now he's not, sentient enough? You just said he was a "sentient vampire warframe", except when he's not?

Mehrunes fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 24, 2019

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
you're getting very upset that a poster called Revenant not a good warframe when another poster asked "what warframes are still not good these days?"

Here's a video that goes into it with a bit more detail, though the guy presenting it needs to tone down his delivery because gently caress me is he grating to listen to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVaex-0RpFo

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Zeph Nyx Vauban are hilarious fun and cool even if they don't top ESO/Simulacrum dps/speedrun garbage youtube meta lists

Rev is just hands down insane

these arguments are stupid anyway because the worst frame is the one you like playing least, while the best frame is the one you have most fun with. And thats not only highly subjective but also highly contextual and situational depending on what you do in warframe. poo poo's not rocket science

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 24, 2019

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

Screaming Idiot posted:

the guy presenting it needs to tone down his delivery because gently caress me is he grating to listen to

Finally something we can all agree on.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Revenant is extra good right now because his mesmer armor stun works on liches. His 1 is mostly useful in defense missions when you don't have a more defense focused frame, gives the enemies lots of extra targets and it feels like a good version of a nyx skill. This is also only really a good thing if you aren't discoing down the entire tile. But that lich interaction is more than enough to make him stupid good for lich hunting. And as others have said with any energy generation at all he's essentially invincible. His 3 certainly is a worse version of wukong's cloudwalker, and the energy pillars from his 1 certainly could have a lot more visual mess just to highlight the eidolon theme. Either way I'm really liking him recently.

trib is pretty alright for info and opinions but i totally agree on his voice. he voice is pure hyped up youtube tryhard.

E: also, hydroid is aggressively okay but he's a lootframe and can be modded to strip armor or heal people, not that the heal mechanic is good, and he's fun.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

everyone knows the worst frame right now is inaros anyways

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
We should all tell DE that Mesa is horribly underpowered and unfun so she gets buffed.

#ChurchofMesa

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

everyone knows the worst frame right now is inaros anyways

Imagine dying

This post was made by Inaros Gang

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Berke Negri posted:

there's at least half a dozen frames worse than her cause she has 90% DR, good mobility with her 1 and her 4 can gently caress things up when using the right weapons

I don't think she gets 90% DR.
Her 3 reflects projectiles, that's all it does.
It doesn't reduce damage from melee attacks, AOE, status effects etc.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Zeph Nyx Vauban are hilarious fun and cool even if they don't top ESO/Simulacrum dps/speedrun garbage youtube meta lists

Rev is just hands down insane

these arguments are stupid anyway because the worst frame is the one you like playing least, while the best frame is the one you have most fun with. And thats not only highly subjective but also highly contextual and situational depending on what you do in warframe. poo poo's not rocket science

I actually play Zephyr a lot, and she's bad. Her main gimmicks are :
1)She moves fast through the open worlds.
2)Her 3 augment makes projectiles super fast so you can use weapons like the Tonkor, Zarr or Phantasma alt-fire like hitscan rocket launchers. Also it speeds up the throw on glaives. (my main use for her)
3)For some reason (maybe it's her passive) she ignores Archgun recoil. So you can use the Corvas, Velocitus and the Larkspur alt-fire on the move without stopping to catch your breath after every shot.
4)Her 4 is this kinda effective, kinda not CC/damage spell that makes a visual-mess of the screen. Just play Khora if you want that kind of thing.

Like, I own her Tennogen skin. I play her. She's trash and needs a second, better ,rework.
Her charged 1 is utterly worthless and will get you killed if you hover in the air like that.
Her 2 is useless , even moreso now that the melee stance rework gave all melee weapons easy access to knockdowns, lifts etc outside of slams. Also, directional slams.
Her 3 is her only decent skill. It doesn't protect you from AOE, melee attacks, or status effects.

I don't own Revenant or Nyx, maybe they're worse? But Revenant has access to a big AOE room killing nuke and damage nullification, and Nyx can CC an entire room and strip armor on demand , so I doubt it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Sample_text posted:

I don't think she gets 90% DR.
Her 3 reflects projectiles, that's all it does.
It doesn't reduce damage from melee attacks, AOE, status effects etc.

You're right, it's not DR but a 100% damage shield but the range of it effects things

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

So I bought a 3 day affinity booster to tie in with this double weekend thing, and given that I live out in the sticks AND today is a very high traffic day in my part of the woods (voting day), of course my internet goes to shite and I keep getting logged out and invalid login credential errors.

I finally got in a bit earlier and spent a few straight hours Adaro-ing all the melee weapons I've got sitting in the foundry, and drat, why haven't I learned my lesson after the interminable Neo S13 grind.

I feel like I don't want to play Warframe for a week now...

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

So I bought a 3 day affinity booster to tie in with this double weekend thing, and given that I live out in the sticks AND today is a very high traffic day in my part of the woods (voting day), of course my internet goes to shite and I keep getting logged out and invalid login credential errors.

I finally got in a bit earlier and spent a few straight hours Adaro-ing all the melee weapons I've got sitting in the foundry, and drat, why haven't I learned my lesson after the interminable Neo S13 grind.

I feel like I don't want to play Warframe for a week now...

I haven't got the adaro thing to work yet, but curious if it's faster than hydron. If I put three rank 0 weps and get 4 players in a hydron run, they'll all be rank 30 after ten, maybe 15 rounds. A frame will reach 30 after 15

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

It's fine I'll keep topping damage and kills as Nyx and she also looks amazing.

Zephyr's 3 makes it so that any shot/projectile shoots around you, you can also use it to protect every objective in the plains. She's a plains gimmick frame but extremely efficient at it. Her airburst ability is just not useful. I've tried.

Hydroid's not super great anymore but gently caress me in sortie defense missions does he make it piss easy because of the extremely high burst of damage when you've first cast his 4.

I don't know Vauban after the remake.

Play Warframe to make any "bad" thing good you're literally over powered anime gods.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Guilty posted:

I haven't got the adaro thing to work yet, but curious if it's faster than hydron. If I put three rank 0 weps and get 4 players in a hydron run, they'll all be rank 30 after ten, maybe 15 rounds. A frame will reach 30 after 15

I'm not sure how they compare, and with a shaky connection I wasn't gonna multi-player anyway, but it's about 30-ish stealth kills (maintaining 500 percent once you get there) to 30 a meleee with a booster and double xp and no naramon xp boost. Basically once you get your melee to 20, the bonus takes it to 30.

I guess it's like 7 minutes or so for the strealth part, but the thing is you still gotta do the rest of the exterminate. So I just used that to level a bunch of secondaries while farming focus on the frame.

Tbh hydron with a good group sounds more efficient and if not at least more fun.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 24, 2019

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Vauban has Vortex so he can't be bad and I'm not sure he actually was.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Revenant with some efficiency and arcane energize is a three button pony. Mesmer, turn on 4, use 3 during the spinning to travel. It's glorious.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Post remake vaubahn can dominate eso just as well as some other top tier frames.

I saw one just grab every enemy the second they spawned mapwide with a trap and make them into a big katamari ball orbiting around the flak trap.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Whelp, my brain has shifted cause every time I do a sabotage mission my brain starts screaming "GET TO THE REACTOR, QUAID!"

Those parazon executions keep doing funny things to me, like ejecting me across the map through closed doors, making the mission impossible.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Coildrives are having a lovely day -- they've lost the ability to drive into mines that I want to ambush them with. :saddowns:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Imagine dying

This post was made by Inaros Gang

Inaros isn't really that exceptional in the survival olympics. Gara's about the same, and she's not even in the Baruuk/Mesa tier let alone the Revenant tier.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, im coming back after all these melee changes and my last understanding of peak melee was spin to win Atterax. What is the new hotness and do I need to make a new weapon?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

I'm not sure how they compare, and with a shaky connection I wasn't gonna multi-player anyway, but it's about 30-ish stealth kills (maintaining 500 percent once you get there) to 30 a meleee with a booster and double xp and no naramon xp boost. Basically once you get your melee to 20, the bonus takes it to 30.

How do you manage this, I tried it yesterday with ivara but the stealth kill bonus kept resetting itself for seemingly no reason.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Capfalcon posted:

So, im coming back after all these melee changes and my last understanding of peak melee was spin to win Atterax. What is the new hotness and do I need to make a new weapon?

There was a huuuuuge melee write up just yesterday. Everything you need is in there.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
nyx is definitely great. If they ever rework damage and enemy damage is normalized to warframe damage she'll be straight up broken. For now I'll take the best invincibility and armor/shield negation in the game. Her issues are more structural than design based

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

aegof posted:

Vauban has Vortex so he can't be bad and I'm not sure he actually was.

I love vortex so much that I am going to build a Nidus so I can use it every day.

Capfalcon posted:

The new old hotness is heavy attacks, again. I recommend a Zaw so you can use Exodia Brave on it.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Found a cool trick for the dagger zaws from that neat heavy attack video from a few pages back.

The handy table on the melee wiki page says daggers/and dual daggers get an additional 2x overall damage multiplier on heavy slam attacks - they normally get a 2x multiplier but get 4x on the slam attack. That 4x is in effect for all enemies in a 5m radius, no fall off.

This seems cool for all kinds of reasons:
- Slams are easy to aim and do. Start forward bullet jump, hit heavy attack and bam here's your instant huge melee AOE damage.
- The slam is instant, there's no Wind Up time penalty other than the time to start the bullet jump.
- The slam applies to an even bigger radius (5m) than the actual heavy attack with Primed Reach on it (4.8m?).
- Daggers already have a very good 0.9 Follow Through value, but the slam is like having a 1.0 value as there's no drop off at all.
- Seismic Wave gives an additional +200% to the AOE damage. If this is additive, that may bring it up to a 6x multiplier for daggers. Yet to test this - haven't ground out the simulacrum key on this new PC account.

It feels a bit OP given how easy slams are to trigger and how they bypass wind up and have a larger radius than primed reach, so I wonder if that 4x multiplier will stay that way. Also possible that table is incorrect.

Looks like none of the other weapon classes get this additional damage, they do equal or less damage on the slam. Makes sense since the slam has other benefits like staggers and I think forced procs for some weapons.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'd risk saying that heavy attacks are stronger but everything else is stronger, attack speed feels way more valuable and faster. Pretty much anything melee is overkill now so it basically comes down to what you like using and how you like to play.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I still don't have Revenant, Harrow and Garuda.

At this point I don't think I'll ever get them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Garuda is good and fun

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Inzombiac posted:

I still don't have Revenant, Harrow and Garuda.

At this point I don't think I'll ever get them.

Why do you think that? Rev and Garuda are pretty easy.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

nerdz posted:

I'd risk saying that heavy attacks are stronger but everything else is stronger, attack speed feels way more valuable and faster. Pretty much anything melee is overkill now so it basically comes down to what you like using and how you like to play.

Yeah, that's a fair summary.

I like how there are a bunch of new build possibilities in the melee rework while old ideas still mostly work if just not as outright op as before. Range in particular was a huge deal for me, I hated the shorter reach weapons before but they're now fun to play.

They've also moved enough damage from mods back into the base weapon damage that there's a lot more space for quality of life mods than earlier. I hope they release more QoL melee mods to expand on this.

It's a good rework, worth the long wait.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

BMan posted:

How do you manage this, I tried it yesterday with ivara but the stealth kill bonus kept resetting itself for seemingly no reason.

Equinox, mass sleep, and just beyblade everything

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

So after playing heavy slam daggers for all of one 10-wave Helene run to forma it, I thought I'd share my very deeply considered and well thought through ideas on the topic.

It's fun as heck to be doing insta-slams wherever you are, there's no start up or distance required - hit bullet jump, insta slam on the spot. It's kinda like setting off a mini-nuke AOE in your hand with a cool sound effect and graphics to go with.

Easy to try out with any dagger with no mods equipped - hit bullet jump and immediately hit the heavy attack key. I have Pointed Wind equipped as a stance though I dunno if that matters, was trying out the dagger stances.

It's worth checking out, so very different from other styles. I think the slam changes they did in 1.9999 are what's making this inst-slam possible. Or was it ever thus as Konzu often asks?

The AOE takes out everything in range, but there seems to be a larger range to the full knockdown it also applies since some enemies on the edges don't take any damage but do go prone. Not sure on this part - there's definite CC being applied to further enemies who don't take any damage while others are being one-shotted but what the exact mechanic is unclear.

It's a nice way to mix up heavy attack melee since the new stance combos let you go for higher single target damage if you want while this is useful for AOE damage/CC. Will be nice to check out in a higher level mission.

Triggering heavy attacks separately from light attacks was annoying so I finally set up a profile for it on my mouse. Mouse 4 is melee attack and I added a profile where Mouse 4 becomes heavy attack, with another mouse button to switch between the profiles (logitech g502 so it has a lot of buttons on it). This feels pretty smooth, using the same thumb mouse button for light and heavy melee attacks on demand.

E: Wonder how the effect sounds/looks to the rest of the players in the squad and if it's annoying when spammed.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tulip posted:

Why do you think that? Rev and Garuda are pretty easy.

I've run a hundred bounties for the Rev Neutropics and they won't drop. I have everything else from that table.