Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want to gently caress the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My kingdom for the ability to sort box alphabetically or by pokedex number

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I always find the human looking pokemon such as the Machop or Ralts line too creepy to use. They invoke a combination of uncanny valley and unfortunate implications of slavery. Anthropomorphic pokemon such as Lucario or Lupunny are slightly less creepy but they still are for other reasons.

Maybe I'm just looking too deeply into this but some of these pokemon may be sentient beings and they're being stuffed into balls and forced to battle for our amusement.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

JordanKai posted:

Me watching Hattrem evolution animation only to find out that she turns into this generation's weird sexy woman Pokémon.

It's infinitely weirder to go online and post about how you saw a feminine monster design (One meant to be evocative of a witch no less) and you find it disgusting and you're 100% definitely do not find it sexy just for the record and will be filing this whole ordeal into the "Never ever even think about the pokemone again I promise" bin.

There's definitely nothing weird going on in your brain about it at all my friend.

(She's a cute trans pride witch I'm sorry you can't enjoy a thing because you assume someone somewhere is horny for it. Cause I mean you're not gonna be able to use literally any pokemon or play any video game ever made)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Guys I just want to let you all know that I in no way find Gmax Grimsnarl sexy and I will not be using that pokemon at all.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I admire your bravery.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wonder what alcremie tastes like

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hatterene should be 50/50 male/female like Gardevoire and Mismagius

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have not had a single Gigantamax Pokemon stay in a ball yet, and it's getting super duper annoying.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I have not had a single Gigantamax Pokemon stay in a ball yet, and it's getting super duper annoying.

Yesterday, I got 1 Gmax out of 6 attempts.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's infinitely weirder to go online and post about how you saw a feminine monster design (One meant to be evocative of a witch no less) and you find it disgusting and you're 100% definitely do not find it sexy just for the record and will be filing this whole ordeal into the "Never ever even think about the pokemone again I promise" bin.

There's definitely nothing weird going on in your brain about it at all my friend.

(She's a cute trans pride witch I'm sorry you can't enjoy a thing because you assume someone somewhere is horny for it. Cause I mean you're not gonna be able to use literally any pokemon or play any video game ever made)

You're absolutely right, to be honest. While there are a handful of Pokémon who I think have weirdly sexualised designs, Hatterene isn't one of them and I shouldn't have conflated them with the former. :( I still don't like the design very much, but that's just because I don't like humanoid Pokémon in general. That's really all I wanted to express with my first point, that I was disappointed that the funny cone-hat Pokémon turns into more of a humanoid figure. It kind of reminds me of how I felt about Cacturne back when I first played Sapphire.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I admire your bravery.

I only said a true thing. I do not like Grimmsnarl at all he looks like if the Green Goblin and Bayonetta had an awful child. Impdimp deserved better. Should have embraces his DQ rear end design and evolved into one of the dancing devils from those games.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

wafflemoose posted:

Maybe I'm just looking too deeply into this but some of these pokemon may be sentient beings and they're being stuffed into balls and forced to battle for our amusement.

I didn't know N had a forums account.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Impidimp peaks with his second evolution, like Scorbunny. I also hate Grimmsnarl. I mostly hate his stupid tentacle hands. Get real hands bitch

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Mega64 posted:

I want to gently caress the cake.

What the gently caress did I just walk into?

Finally beat the champion. He actually beat me once because I had no idea how to counter dragapult, but I got him on the second try. Game is fun, but it's obvious they cut corners to release. A bit disappointing, but I still really enjoyed the game. Now time to maniacally catch every pokemon possible and get my rear end kicked online!!!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

How does anyone in pokemon world justify eating seafood or even any kind of meat?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I found a G-Max Centiscorch. Was excited until the AI just crumpled. Can't I just solo this poo poo? It's impossible when they don't use attacks and just die and get me kicked out

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

How does anyone in pokemon world justify eating seafood or even any kind of meat?

It's good and I dunno if you know this about crabs or fish but they'd eat you just as fast.

Rend, Slaughter, Devour your enemies.

Framboise posted:

I found a G-Max Centiscorch. Was excited until the AI just crumpled. Can't I just solo this poo poo?

Yes. Push button better. Or just slap candies onto something strong against centiscorch till it's level 100 and do it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

soscannonballs posted:

The same way people eat meat in this world?

I mean I guess you can use Pokemon to assist in butchering other Pokemon for consumption, as well as to keep the meat fresh and to transport it, so if anything it should much easier and more economical in Pokemon world to eat your pets.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

soscannonballs posted:

I feel like that's an issue you aren't supposed to think about.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

hell yeah just randomly caught a square shiny metapod

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Yeah the host seems to have a decent catch rate but everyone else has gotta be like 10%, tops. I hope this is increased in a patch.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I like to think that science is so advanced in the setting that they can make lab-grown meat that's on par with naturally grown stuff.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Mega64 posted:

The same way people eat meat in this world?

I mean I guess you can use Pokemon to assist in butchering other Pokemon for consumption, as well as to keep the meat fresh and to transport it, so if anything it should much easier and more economical in Pokemon world to eat your pets.

Judas Tauros

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Humans in the Pokémon world have their gut bacteria produce B12 in the small intestine like every other mammal and as such can eat a largely vegetarian and vegan diet without supplements. All the meat products are tofu or are naturally shed like Slowpoke tails.

No, this post wasn’t an excuse for me to wonder at the fact that humans absorb B12 in the small intestine but the bacteria that make it only live in the colon, meaning that we have to get B13 from outside sources despite making it ourselves, why?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also just to help massage everyone's bad catch luck on Gmax poo poo, you can't even use them in online play and they don't breed it down so don't worry too much if you don't catch one cause it'll be gone in a year and the most you can do with it now is....The Battle tower, maybe?

hopeandjoy posted:

Humans in the Pokémon world have their gut bacteria produce B12 in the small intestine like every other mammal and as such can eat a largely vegetarian and vegan diet without supplements. All the meat products are tofu or are naturally shed like Slowpoke tails.

No, this post wasn’t an excuse for me to wonder at the fact that humans absorb B12 in the small intestine but the bacteria that make it only live in the colon, meaning that we have to get B13 from outside sources despite making it ourselves, why?

Sorry no that's actually Sobble you're eating in that curry.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

A lot of pokemon in the games are basically just animals, so eating one of those seems about morally equivalent to eating a pig or a cow. It's not like in the anime where they all inexplicably have human-level intelligence and are capable of understanding speech, which I always thought was odd. Yes, even as a small child, because I was strange.

Could a pokemon in the anime setting become a pokemon trainer? There's not much reason why they wouldn't be able to, right? What's to stop a Machamp from picking up a pokeball and figuring it out? They've had like 100,000 episodes, they've probably addressed that.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I like to think that science is so advanced in the setting that they can make lab-grown meat that's on par with naturally grown stuff.

The lab grown meat is actually just a tauros and miltank playing together until an egg appears, and then fully grown cowmons emerging from the eggs and being butchered, while a pokescientist rides on another tauros in a small box nearby.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of raids if you’re having issues with them: Level up a pokemon to 100. Seriously, that’s it.

Turns out the NPCs the game gives you are scaled to the pokemon you use. So if you’re using a 60-70 lvl pokemon the rest of your team will be around the same level and get 1 hit by anything. Pump your pokemon of choice with XP candy and suddenly you can solo most/all raids because the AI doesn’t get marked immediately.

Dex update: I’m at 345 collected and beginning to slow down. I’m beginning to run into a lot of gimmick/trade evos and the remaining sword exclusives I’ve yet to get via trades. It’s taken me 70 hours to get to this point so I’d say I’m getting my money’s worth even though this is a bad game! Just kidding, it’s a really fun game but once I finish the living dex I’ll probably put it down until Home gets here and I can do a little more breeding/trading.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 24, 2019

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I have 38 hours, 173 pokemon and I just decided to go get my 3rd badge. I like the wild area.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the games and other media are pretty clear about the pokemon/human relationship being mutually beneficial. pokemon like getting stronger, they evolve either much easier with a trainer or in some cases only when they have a trainer. they also get much better care, and wild pokemon are often depicted as jealous of trained ones. a trainer's pokemon are basically professional (or amateur/semi-pro) athletes and entertainers. plus there's tons of examples of people who have pokemon that don't battle at all so it's easy to reason that pokemon who don't want to fight simply don't, probably by not approaching trainers in the wild for an honor duel.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

395 it's just 4 trade evos and a cover legendary back and forth and then I can put this game away and never play it again.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the animation for hyper beam in this game is uh... intense

https://i.imgur.com/t7VRtLx.mp4

JordanKai posted:

That's really all I wanted to express with my first point, that I was disappointed that the funny cone-hat Pokémon turns into more of a humanoid figure.
fwiw she's still a lil gremlin

also one of my favorite new mons. that ketchup squeeze bottle carried my team through the game

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

soscannonballs posted:

Isn't there a Slowbro Tail Curry in this game?

Edit: yeah

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also just to help massage everyone's bad catch luck on Gmax poo poo, you can't even use them in online play and they don't breed it down so don't worry too much if you don't catch one cause it'll be gone in a year and the most you can do with it now is....The Battle tower, maybe

It's a drat shame cause sandacondas gmax form is one of my fav designs, love my drill snake

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Your Computer posted:

fwiw she's still a lil gremlin

also one of my favorite new mons. that ketchup squeeze bottle carried my team through the game

Thank goodness it's not Gothitelle.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I'll gently caress any pokemon. just watch me. watching my dick rapidly melt into a charred goo as it approaches a slugma

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bleck posted:

I'll gently caress any pokemon. just watch me. watching my dick rapidly melt into a charred goo as it approaches a slugma

what's slugma

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Impidimp are all male and Hatenna are all female, they're found in the same areas, and they both evolve into hair monster fairies.

They're the same species, even if the breeding mechanics probably don't support it. A tauros/miltank kinda situation.