Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

What's this crap about bad test screening, very late reshoots and the movie still being in editing?

They’re still shooting, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Gonna have to give some sources

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Sources are probably not the best. Youtube recommended a bunch of these weirdos. But they were citing articles saying more or less the same, plus some hyperbole from their part.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The only sources of tons of ending reshoots are from 4chan.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Williams apparently didn't finish scoring the film until a few days ago, if that means anything in regards to reshoot rumors.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Yeah JJ says there were less reshoots on 9 than 7 so I dont know where those rumors come from

https://collider.com/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-reshoots-jj-abrams/

If Williams finished his score recently that would make sense as typically films are creatively "finalized" roughly a month before release and scores are the last piece of the creative puzzle. Theyre probably mixing it right now and will have a finished version deliverable within 2ish weeks of the premiere. None of this is that unusual for a big blockbuster.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 24, 2019

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Probably adding some baby yoda and mclunkey

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hoping John delivers a fitting auditory send off. I mean his body of work thus far on this franchise alone are the most significant sounds to be heard over moving images, ever. And by several light years.

I'm so caught up on this endless fleet of star destroyers and how its all going to play out.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The "still editing" part is probably more if an Abrams thing. I remember he did it for his other movies.

I don't remember who, but I heard of a director who finishes editing his movie the same day as its premier.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The MSJ posted:

The "still editing" part is probably more if an Abrams thing. I remember he did it for his other movies.

I don't remember who, but I heard of a director who finishes editing his movie the same day as its premier.

Wong kar wai did that for 2046

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Zoran posted:

Rebels has Asian ones (including a main character)

This is one of the things that Rebels does better than The Clone Wars

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

This is one of the things that Rebels does better than The Clone Wars

Yeah but changed the clones to white boomers

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

codo27 posted:

I'm so caught up on this endless fleet of star destroyers and how its all going to play out.

Almost certainly it will be dumb and unsatisfying single point of failure like the droid control ship and every other superweapon. When there's that many ships it'll definitely be treated narratively as a single superweapon and we all know how those end.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

I don't remember the Rebel Alliance being so god drat preachy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This with end with Rey having to chose between 3 options: destroy all Death Stars in the galaxy, merge with the Force and control all Death Stars in the galaxy so that they will be used for good, or also merge with the Force but make every life in the galaxy also a Death Star.

She will pick none and we smash cut to 100 years later to an adult Baby Yoda looking upon a lifeless galaxy with a tear in its eye. Adult Baby Yoda is played by Buzz Aldrin.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I watched episodes I-III this week and I really enjoyed them.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I watched episodes I-III this week and I really enjoyed them.
Anything speak out to you this time through? In II it always surprises me how sardonic everybody is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sassassin posted:

Clone Wars' POV is a Republic propaganda film (co-funded by Sheev Pictures).

Surely Palpatine Productions with a healthy kickback from the Naboo Art Fund

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Vernii posted:

Almost certainly it will be dumb and unsatisfying single point of failure like the droid control ship and every other superweapon. When there's that many ships it'll definitely be treated narratively as a single superweapon and we all know how those end.

I'm actually kinda leaning a bit towards it maybe not being a happy ending

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The movie will start with a title card saying the last 30 minutes of last Jedi didn't happen and then begins with Rey taking kylos hand and they go on to fight both the resistance and first order, which is an infinity more interesting premise then what it will actually be, which is a retread of return of the jedi

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Finn will try to help Rey save the galaxy, but Rose will bodyslam him and tell him, "It's her turn."

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

Anything speak out to you this time through? In II it always surprises me how sardonic everybody is.

Man they feel so melodramatic. Every character is a knight or royalty. All upper class aristocrats, where’s the peons, the villagers, the people most affected by these duelling nobles?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I wonder what this trology's Avengers Assemble moment will be. I hate calling it that, but there is bound to be an iconic moment in the next movie that kind of ties a nice iconic bow around the trilogy, mostly by pandering to nostalgia but also feeling like an appropriate climax. TLJ kinda hosed it up by having RotJ's throne room scene and then have it end in another sequel hook, now Disney might have to come up with something new. And they are... not very good at that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Grendels Dad posted:

I wonder what this trology's Avengers Assemble moment will be. I hate calling it that, but there is bound to be an iconic moment in the next movie that kind of ties a nice iconic bow around the trilogy, mostly by pandering to nostalgia but also feeling like an appropriate climax. TLJ kinda hosed it up by having RotJ's throne room scene and then have it end in another sequel hook, now Disney might have to come up with something new. And they are... not very good at that.

Wild shot in the dark: another bestowing of honors ceremony a la the end of ANH.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

Man they feel so melodramatic. Every character is a knight or royalty. All upper class aristocrats, where’s the peons, the villagers, the people most affected by these duelling nobles?

the ones the upper class interact with either become subsumed into that class (anakin, jar jar) or die in obscurity far far away from the upper class (anakin's mom)

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

I think one of the lesser known characters was a literal child slave.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

mandatory lesbian posted:

The movie will start with a title card saying the last 30 minutes of last Jedi didn't happen and then begins with Rey taking kylos hand and they go on to fight both the resistance and first order, which is an infinity more interesting premise then what it will actually be, which is a retread of return of the jedi

Ackbar is dead though, who's going to tell them it's a trap?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Ackbar is dead though, who's going to tell them it's a trap?

The Resistance is going to take a risk trusting someone, but Poe will say, “it’s NOT a trap.” It’ll be a clever movie.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

UmOk posted:

I think one of the lesser known characters was a literal child slave.

That's Jesus though, he doesn't count

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Terror Sweat posted:

a crux of the prequels is that the people who derive power from a corrupt authority cannot be trusted to dismantle it

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Grendels Dad posted:

probably something with force ghosts. maybe force luke and force leia showing up with rey or some kind of group shot looking out over the twin sun desert

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Force Luke, Force Leia, and Force Tupac looking out into the sunset

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

drat, I'm a sucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mml9IGoDia8

:unsmith:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

According to IGN, Disney is deleting Baby Yoda GIFs from GIPHY because of copyright reasons.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Weaponized nostalgia.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

The MSJ posted:

According to IGN, Disney is deleting Baby Yoda GIFs from GIPHY because of copyright reasons.
What a bunch of tools. I sent when they'll finally go with the times.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

mandatory lesbian posted:

What like, IS Ren all about now in this one? I mean, he controls THE FIRST ORDER, and his KNIGHTS OF REN. Like the Ren in Force Awakens was way more interested in gaining power for himself and understanding of his bloodline and all that, now like, he's got all of that and rules whatever the First Order rules now so like, the entire Resistance is now an organization that exists solely to stop Ren from tracking down Rey again?

Also I still LOL that in Force Awakens the First Order is like this one faction on this one planet that the rest of the galaxy doesn't see as a credible threat so Leia as to like secretly fund the Resistance, but then the First Order ***DESTROYS THE CURRENT SEAT OF GALACTIC GOVERNMENT*** from a bajillion miles away by blowing up every planet in a solar system or whatever and the rest of the galaxy....I guess is just cool with that since the First Order is able to spread more even without that weapon?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

The MSJ posted:

what kind of dumb motherfuckers are fighting free publicity for their show

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They're fomenting fomo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
What is baby Yoda’s relationship to smooth Yoda?