Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
titty pills? titty pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

titty pills would be a decent user name tbh

Breast mints

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Breast mints

rack em

literally

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Breast mints

A friend just started hormones and calls them Titty Skittles. I was disappointed to find out that testosterone does not have equally fun names.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Lemme hold a hundred bucks guy who moved across the world

Also ya girl dickeye picking up some titty pills tonight from the pharmacy

I would but I moved from a place where a two bedroom apartment costs $1,000,000 to a place where a two bedroom apartment costs a mere $500,000 so I still need it as an eventual down payment.

Congrats on your budding boobs though. I may not be good at commenting but I read everyone else's stuff and have been rooting for you and your friends who got in the car accident.

PS root in Aus means gently caress

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Been talking a lot about it with my therapist. Basically my mom has abandonment issues since her dad died when she was 16 and her mom hosed off back to the Netherlands, leaving her to raise her younger siblings in poverty in 1950s Vancouver (was a tiny logging town back then). So she grew up terrified of being destitute, and was very poor until she married my dad, who worked in tech/video games.
Can't believe I literally just typed my life story.
Tis all good. thanks for sharing. Your situation was way worse than mine, sorry to hear it .

Xaris has issued a correction as of 08:44 on Nov 27, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xaris posted:

Tis all good. thanks for sharing. Your situation was way worse than mine, sorry to hear it . It's taken me an embarrassing long time to evaluate myself and come to terms with how and who I am. I've never been suicidal and that hasn't changed, but I've also just gone my entire life feeling virtually nothing as far back as 1st grade even. I almost half-wondered if I'm just some high-functioning autistic but even autistic people find joy in getting obsessed with Sonic or trains or something, I don't even feel that. I think my dopamine receptors are just fundamentally broken because the only time I actually feel anything and get excited and happy and passionate about things is when stoned (assuming I don't get too introspective and spiral down into how lovely I actually am). Supposedly it activates a bunch of hormones and poo poo similar to pregnant women so that would check out. but I just wish I could go about feeling passion and stuff about life all the time, but I've lived it with since at least 1st grade so eh.

i'm too brainwashed by never-show-emotions hyper patriarchy via bad parenting and anxiety to ever see a therapist, no matter how much I probably should I just cannot.

since it's really kind of too much to think about and I rarely share and don't want to redo it, i'll quote the only singular post i've made in the entire 15+ years i've been here about myself

i didnt have the social isolation aspect but my mom was an emotionally abusive gaslighting hillbilly shithead and my dad stood by and let it happen so I feel you.

I still dont know whether or not Id go to their deathbed/ funeral. Praxis says yes but Im so much happier without their toxic bullshit and I know theyd take one last guilt tripping swing at me on the way out. plus my ethics mean never refuse a deathbed request and my dad goes first and says look after your mother thats a millstone around my neck I neither need nor want.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Im doing the training for my new job and I realized that I am technically management now. I work for a company that has union employees but I am in the corporate sections that are not union. I do not have any supervisor role or employees to manage (I am in an entry-level sales position) but the idea of being management actually fills me with enormous sorrow.

The training is currently talking about accommodations for employees for religious reasons or pregnancy and theres just this tone of contempt through the whole thing that is disquieting.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

Im doing the training for my new job and I realized that I am technically management now. I work for a company that has union employees but I am in the corporate sections that are not union. I do not have any supervisor role or employees to manage (I am in an entry-level sales position) but the idea of being management actually fills me with enormous sorrow.

The training is currently talking about accommodations for employees for religious reasons or pregnancy and theres just this tone of contempt through the whole thing that is disquieting.

do your best to sabotage the company and especially those people responsible for training without endangering your means

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
a mod irl

i've been chatting with some girls in my classes lately and get on well with a couple of them, but im afraid to ask them out because i'm sure i'll gently caress something up and wont even have them as an acquaintance any more, let alone friend
and i'm still early into transitioning so i'm still misgendered a lot as a man and it makes me sure that no lesbians find me pretty yet and wont for at least a year and another year alone is a sad prospect

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Addamere posted:

do your best to sabotage the company and especially those people responsible for training without endangering your means

that is effectively my job. my job is to sell stuff to businesses but Im coming into this job from hospitality so Im used to giving customers deals that are better for them than they are for the company so JOKES ON THE COMPANY

the usual career path for my position is to go into higher sales and then management but Im going for an alternative path that leads to becoming a service rep or trainer.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

got any sevens posted:

a mod irl

i've been chatting with some girls in my classes lately and get on well with a couple of them, but im afraid to ask them out because i'm sure i'll gently caress something up and wont even have them as an acquaintance any more, let alone friend
and i'm still early into transitioning so i'm still misgendered a lot as a man and it makes me sure that no lesbians find me pretty yet and wont for at least a year and another year alone is a sad prospect

Hugs. A friend went through this a couple years ago but she was able to find a girlfriend pretty quick once she started reaching out. I obv cannot speak to how ur feeling as I'm cis, but my takeaway from her experience was that a lot of the barrier was internal and it sounds like yours may be as well. Idk how to help u get past that, but being aware of it maybe you could mention it to a therapist or someone who has gone through the same. Take care.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m doing the training for my new job and I realized that I am technically management now. I work for a company that has union employees but I am in the corporate sections that are not union. I do not have any supervisor role or employees to manage (I am in an entry-level sales position) but the idea of being “management” actually fills me with enormous sorrow.

The training is currently talking about accommodations for employees for religious reasons or pregnancy and there’s just this tone of contempt through the whole thing that is disquieting.

I have my first management position now in retail and the way they try to brainwash you into making money for the company and treat your employees like poo poo is disgusting, I spent an entire training class doodling in a notebook about how gross and bullshit it all is

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I have my first management position now in retail and the way they try to brainwash you into making money for the company and treat your employees like poo poo is disgusting, I spent an entire training class doodling in a notebook about how gross and bullshit it all is

see Im used to the propaganda of training focusing on weird poo poo towards customers or coworkers, but now its referring to like employees and poo poo and its weeeeeeird

currently was going through the workplace violence prevention one and its Aggressively Early 2000s.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

see I’m used to the propaganda of training focusing on weird poo poo towards customers or coworkers, but now it’s referring to like employees and poo poo and it’s weeeeeeird

currently was going through the workplace violence prevention one and it’s Aggressively Early 2000s.

Yeah that was what blew my mind doing my Leadership Stuff, I posted a bunch of pics on Twitter maybe I'll see if I can find them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hey lk click through this

https://twitter.com/KamenRiderUno/status/1179427479066480641?s=19

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I just feel likeI make the lives of my friends worse and less enjoyable because Im just constantly going off the rails and getting upset. I just feel like breaking things off with all of them so they can feel better.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I just feel likeI make the lives of my friends worse and less enjoyable because Im just constantly going off the rails and getting upset. I just feel like breaking things off with all of them so they can feel better.
Nope. Expressing your emotions isn't cruelty. Your friends are adults, a lot of them are probably in similar places. Just keep working on yourself. Medication, therapy, self-help books, whatever works for you. Your friends are there for the journey - don't isolate yourself.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Failson posted:

This ended up being sleep apnea for me. Just diagnosed and treated this year, and not feeling completely exhausted all the time is a pretty huge improvement.

Not a silver bullet for all the sadbrains, but a big increase in quality of life in general.

That's good to know. I have a checkin with the doc about it at the beginning of January, so if my exhaustion isn't resolved, we can look at other options. Even made sure to get a Gold Plan for this. Also, I can WFH part time, which is also great.

It helps that it's Fall/Winter, and I carved out some great support roles for me in my protest collective. Plus, Twitter!

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

got any sevens posted:

you might be surprised by the number of people now who are totally down with dating people who don't neatly fit """traditional""" gender binary presentations. definitely the case for a lot of my friends (also me), even ones who aren't so radical. and most of my queer girl friends, including ones who self-identify as lesbian and/or gay, aren't exclusively into dating girls, they just don't want to date cis men, heh. of course that's not always the case, but i see it often. i know it's scary, though. best of luck :)

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i get the management blues. i also have a manager-type title and the only person I actively manage is my boss because he has an enormous amount on his plate but it still feels icky to me. My source of income makes me feel icky, but my wife found a part time policy weiting gig for NAMI, which is extremely my poo poo, so I'm gonna toss my hat in the ring since my job is mostly spent killing time and I do a lot of work from home. I think I'll feel a like I'm doing some actual good in the world helping shape mental health policy in my state. That, or it'll make me feel hopeless seeing the sausage getting made

im going to list my qualifications as "broke brained, but functional" "terminally online," "isnt afraid of piece of poo poo lawmakers"

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Colder days coming! If you, or anyone you know, is homeless in Alameda County, here is a list of warming stations around the county.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Xaris posted:

since it's really kind of too much to think about and I rarely share and don't want to redo it, i'll quote the only singular post i've made in the entire 15+ years i've been here about myself

Can relate to the "parents dying" dilemma. I moved 11,000km away while my parents are in their mid 70s so that adds another wrinkle.

Ironically, the only reason I haven't lived in Australia for 35+ years is because my grandma had a stroke and my mom and I moved back to Vancouver to look after her while she was dying. But she ended up living another dozen years, despite being paralyzed in the hospital, and this hosed up our Aussie citizenship application. My dad ended up joining us in Vancouver and my parents never moved back to Sydney. Took me 30 years to get back to Oz, but I planned to return from the day I left at age 7.

Essentially, my mom's guilt changed my whole life for the worse (through factors she couldn't have predicted, to be fair) despite her mom being a bad parent as well.

I honestly just can't see my wife and I spending $6,000+ and using our annual leave to watch them die when we've never had a close relationship while they were alive.

I feel a bit more guilty about my dad though cuz he doesn't mean harm, he's just mentally incapable of thinking about anyone but himself.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I came out to a good bit of my magic playgroup last night

Granted I did it specifically because there are other trans people in the group so I knew nobody would melt down but still

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Takes strength regardless. Congratulations!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lost all my friends when I was sick, and would blow up on people for no reason, and act like a huge rear end in a top hat, I'm different now, but I don't have anyone anymore besides my wife.

I feel really lonely.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bernie Sanders

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I've been so angry lately, I don't know why it's worsened in the past month or so even though I had nearly a year of stability before that. I'm coming to terms with the fact that all of my life has been defined by rage and its seeped into every facet of my behavior and perception of reality. I think I've been so focused on anxiety, addiction and depression I've never stopped and thought about how much of that stems from anger. I don't think I'm in a very healthy place at the moment, and I'm scared I might lash out and hurt people. I really have no choice but to just not talk to people so I don't risk something setting me off. Even at this moment I there's like a voice or a feeling telling me to just lash out and break something or to dominate someone.

Am I being slowly destroyed by the fact that I don't have power over people and can't be violent?

I don't know what to do, would any medication help with this? I feel like I just need something to loving relax with but nothing helps. Antipsychotics are the last type of psychiatric medications I've not taken regularly and while being sober, but I'm scared of the side effects.

I'm scared and I don't know what to do

Chuka Umana has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Nov 24, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul_soccer10 posted:

Bernie Sanders

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Chuka Umana posted:

I don't know what to do, would any medication help with this? I feel like I just need something to loving relax with but nothing helps. Antipsychotics are the last type of psychiatric medications I've not taken regularly and while being sober, but I'm scared of the side effects.

maybe. talk to your doctor.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chuka Umana posted:

I've been so angry lately, I don't know why it's worsened in the past month or so even though I had nearly a year of stability before that. I'm coming to terms with the fact that all of my life has been defined by rage and its seeped into every facet of my behavior and perception of reality. I think I've been so focused on anxiety, addiction and depression I've never stopped and thought about how much of that stems from anger. I don't think I'm in a very healthy place at the moment, and I'm scared I might lash out and hurt people. I really have no choice but to just not talk to people so I don't risk something setting me off. Even at this moment I there's like a voice or a feeling telling me to just lash out and break something or to dominate someone.

Am I being slowly destroyed by the fact that I don't have power over people and can't be violent?

I'm scared and I don't know what to do

Talk to a p-doc and be honest about these feelings so they can help. I would strongly urge therapy, but by the same token, you may have something else like bipolar or ptsd wreaking havoc with your emotions. I am not a doctor tho so definitely see someone who is

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also there are drugs you can take to calm anxiety that might help although Ive also heard stuff like benzos can reduce impulse control. gabapentin does wonders for my anxiety and insomnia but thats also a drug you have to be careful with, plus its psych meds so lol who the hell knows

doctor tho

definitely

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
triple post

crafts are important, try doing a craft

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Chokes, for the good of this thread, you need to become a doctor

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

eric ciaramella posted:

Chokes, for the good of this thread, you need to become a doctor

hahahahaha haha oh no youre serious :smith:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Dr Chokes McGee

coworker of Dr Mantis Toboggan

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
Nice friendship bracelets

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

My wife just got accepted into nurse practitioner school, and she's a goon, so if you can wait 3-5 years itll allllllllllll be gravy lol

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Chokes McGee posted:

Talk to a p-doc and be honest about these feelings so they can help. I would strongly urge therapy, but by the same token, you may have something else like bipolar or ptsd wreaking havoc with your emotions. I am not a doctor tho so definitely see someone who is

I am seeing a doctor, I'm working on the issues but it gets so overwhelming sometimes. I'm taking a variety of medications that work well it just seems anger is the emotion that's stuck around.

I'm not a veteran or been the victim of a violent crime, so I doubt it's PTSD and it's not bipolar disorder because the mood swings are too rapid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Chuka Umana posted:

I am seeing a doctor, I'm working on the issues but it gets so overwhelming sometimes. I'm taking a variety of medications that work well it just seems anger is the emotion that's stuck around.

I'm not a veteran or been the victim of a violent crime, so I doubt it's PTSD and it's not bipolar disorder because the mood swings are too rapid.

are you seeing a doctor that mainly prescribes medicine or one that does therapy and prescribes stuff? this sounds like something therapy would help with, so maybe pursue that if you're not already doing it. but, like chokes said, bringing this up to your current doctor is a good idea