Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

CommonShore posted:

Google tells me Drysdale and it's not out yet

Of course they aren't happy with it, but if it was about them 100%, they still wouldn't be happy because a lot of dirty laundry would be exposed in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Something just reminded me that I don't yet own a reap knees for Satan rashguard

Hey friend, you just reminded me I too haven't had the ability spend cold hard american cash on a Reap Knees for Satan Rashguard (tm). It's almost as if this cash is just gonna sit here until then.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

Hey friend, you just reminded me I too haven't had the ability spend cold hard american cash on a Reap Knees for Satan Rashguard (tm). It's almost as if this cash is just gonna sit here until then.

:emptyquote: (substitute for Canadian cash)

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Google tells me Drysdale and it's not out yet

I remember he did an AMA on Reddit about it and it sounded quite interesting.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m still watching catch videos on YouTube and this catch video on attacking the turtle starts off with punching them in face to get them to bring their head off the matt

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m still watching catch videos on YouTube and this catch video on attacking the turtle starts off with punching them in face to get them to bring their head off the matt

:colbert: I thought this was common? Like guard posture.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If you were going to set up a stretching program to get to to where you can put your feet on the mat in a Granby roll, what stretches would you do?

I think that's probably not something I'll let while I'm still so overweight but I am rapidly correcting that.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Hellblazer187 posted:

If you were going to set up a stretching program to get to to where you can put your feet on the mat in a Granby roll, what stretches would you do?

I think that's probably not something I'll let while I'm still so overweight but I am rapidly correcting that.

There's a program called Yoga For Rocks that made a big difference in how I moved after I followed it for a few weeks. But It's hard to keep doing it and not fall off the stretching wagon so to speak.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Defenestrategy posted:

:colbert: I thought this was common? Like guard posture.

Start around 1:53

https://youtu.be/65-dF7ASfzU

I guess it’s not a haymaker to the chin but more of a forceful fisted crossface

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Odddzy posted:

There's a program called Yoga For Rocks that made a big difference in how I moved after I followed it for a few weeks. But It's hard to keep doing it and not fall off the stretching wagon so to speak.

The one from the yoga for BJJ website? I signed up, paid a month, then never did a single practice.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

my knee's been on it's way out for a couple years (after a partial mcl tear). I got scissor swept Monday and felt a twang and immediate numbness & tingling but I finished up the class fine. I've spent the rest of the week limping. I'm hoping for another magical recovery

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Wangsbig posted:

my knee's been on it's way out for a couple years (after a partial mcl tear). I got scissor swept Monday and felt a twang and immediate numbness & tingling but I finished up the class fine. I've spent the rest of the week limping. I'm hoping for another magical recovery

Wishing you it happens man.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
In case anyone is looking for cheap gis don't forget about eBay. I recently got a decent condition Atama Mundial and a Fuji Sekai for $40 each shipped and they're my main gis now. Just do an overnight enzyme detergent or oxyclean soak to get any residual funk out and they're good to go.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Speaking of cheap stuff, there's a lot of good Black Friday deals on gear. I just picked up an Inverted Gear gi for $100

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JaySB posted:

Speaking of cheap stuff, there's a lot of good Black Friday deals on gear. I just picked up an Inverted Gear gi for $100

Yeah I got one as well as one of the Inverted Gear gis they make for Tap Cancer Out.

Pandas are cool.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Ok serious note time. How many reap knees/ground karate rashguards do I have to promise to order before it becomes a tangible thing?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Ok serious note time. How many reap knees/ground karate rashguards do I have to promise to order before it becomes a tangible thing?

I will buy at least 1 of each.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Money situation has recently resolved itself and it'll happen soon. Assuming the first sample is good, it'll probably be available in early January?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Sweet

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Money situation has recently resolved itself and it'll happen soon. Assuming the first sample is good, it'll probably be available in early January?

Don't forget south American ground karate!

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Yuns no pressure but I want you to know I'm still very curious about a clinch-centric butterfly tutorial and the audio made me only more excited

Absolutely no rush though

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

old.flv posted:

Yuns no pressure but I want you to know I'm still very curious about a clinch-centric butterfly tutorial and the audio made me only more excited

Absolutely no rush though
Sorry. I have the video half edited but have been super super busy at work. I'll have it done some time this week.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I would buy a ground karate rashguard asap and I am interested in the reap knees one but I'm a big dumb white belt so who doesnt even know how to do a straight heel hook or kneebar against an unresisting training partner so I'm out on that

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

I will immediately buy anything that you put South American Ground Karate on.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Got a new job recently that allows me to actually do poo poo in the evenings, and in the last two weeks i've managed to cram in three bjj sessions each week and it feels really good. It's so much easier to find the time and energy when I can just go train straight after my shift.
I'm of course complete dogshit, both technically and physically compared to what I used to be, but my ego is taking it surprisingly well.

I thought I'd be a lot more sore about getting smashed by blue belts, but a few years of hiatus has taught me to be humble i guess. I'm really looking forwards to relearning all the stuff i've forgotten, which thankfully includes my bad habits as well as most of my techniques

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Is there a decent source that explains the differences between the various types of popular/semi-popular grappling styles, even if it's just at a high level view?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Neon Belly posted:

Is there a decent source that explains the differences between the various types of popular/semi-popular grappling styles, even if it's just at a high level view?

BJJ - wrestling in pyjamas. Also submissions ++
Judo - also wrestling in pyjamas. Submissions, but liek only a bit.
Sambo - wrestling in pyjamas, but like, you lost your pajama bottoms, also punching(?)
Wrestling - judo, but naked, and no submissions. Also subvariants which focus more on upper body hugging.

Akkido - dancing in pyjamas.

You're welcome.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

BJJ - wrestling in pyjamas. Also submissions ++
Judo - also wrestling in pyjamas. Submissions, but liek only a bit.
Sambo - wrestling in pyjamas, but like, you lost your pajama bottoms, also punching(?)
Wrestling - judo, but naked, and no submissions. Also subvariants which focus more on upper body hugging.

Akkido - dancing in pyjamas.

You're welcome.

Correct.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Neon Belly posted:

Did you read the OP?

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 24, 2019

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
OP is old but covers those things.

Sometimes I think about editing/updating it but...meh

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Well gently caress me

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Decades posted:

Well gently caress me

Congrats dude!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Decades posted:

Well gently caress me

well THAT's cool

Cyber Sandwich
Nov 16, 2011

Now, Digital!

Decades posted:

Well gently caress me

The rolls are getting smoother, good work. Much kudos is in order.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Decades posted:

Well gently caress me

Congrats!

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Did you read the OP?

Something with even less detail.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 25, 2019