Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So I love Cadence of Hyrule. It's super fun and takes the super fun gameplay of Necrodancer but makes it more accessible but a ton, while keeping the exploration and puzzle elements of Zelda.

Playing on the Switch is excellent and it makes me want to double-dip and get Necrodancer again, however it's 20 euro and it's a game I ended finding too difficult.

I did notice it's called the Full edition or something, I know I only have the base game? What's added? Are any Cadence mechanics, most notably the weapon selection screen, present? I think that would be the thing that would make me feel like the game could be beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So I love Cadence of Hyrule. It's super fun and takes the super fun gameplay of Necrodancer but makes it more accessible but a ton, while keeping the exploration and puzzle elements of Zelda.

Playing on the Switch is excellent and it makes me want to double-dip and get Necrodancer again, however it's 20 euro and it's a game I ended finding too difficult.

I did notice it's called the Full edition or something, I know I only have the base game? What's added? Are any Cadence mechanics, most notably the weapon selection screen, present? I think that would be the thing that would make me feel like the game could be beaten.

It frequently drops to $3ish USD so just wait a bit if you want it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Len posted:

It frequently drops to $3ish USD so just wait a bit if you want it

Good to know. I've got time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don’t think there’s a conspiracy to reduce the number of hours I think that guy just left it running

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I beat the E4 Let's Go last night at about 25 hours (made dumb easy by my OP Eevee who I went GOing with all the time), and someone in my friend list just hit 80 hours. People play games differently, and if you wanna spend an hour or two a day chilling with your camp buddies or doing Raids, then that's valid!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Takoluka posted:

I beat the E4 Let's Go last night at about 25 hours (made dumb easy by my OP Eevee who I went GOing with all the time), and someone in my friend list just hit 80 hours. People play games differently, and if you wanna spend an hour or two a day chilling with your camp buddies or doing Raids, then that's valid!

Well the game came out what a week ago so more like 10-12 hours a day chilling at the camp.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

socialsecurity posted:

Well the game came out what a week ago so more like 10-12 hours a day chilling at the camp.

Some people love their Scorbunnies, yo.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Have people completed the Curry Dex yet, that's the real question! I can't wait for me and :wooper: to make up some delicious apple curry!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
There are too many motherfucking goddamn frickin games

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://twitter.com/babaisyou_/status/1190779180654514176?s=19

Baba is You level editor looking wild

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think it's confirmed for Switch. I remember when the game came out they said they were considering a level editor but said specifically it might be PC only

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Killer Queen Black is fun. I respect they were able to get cross play and voice chat in such a smaller game as well.

Fun Times! posted:

Seriously. I just bought KQB and have Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair on the way due to Black Friday deals. I already have like 4 unplayed Switch games sitting here as well.:argh:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't think it's confirmed for Switch. I remember when the game came out they said they were considering a level editor but said specifically it might be PC only

https://twitter.com/babaisyou_/status/1195720514632896513

In the replies he says it's coming to switch, and the online level sharing will work between platforms.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The lowest X/X2 and 12 will be, I suspect

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1198639306274795523?s=19

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PowerBeard posted:

Have people completed the Curry Dex yet, that's the real question! I can't wait for me and :wooper: to make up some delicious apple curry!

Not yet. I'm at 45ish curries made.

Takoluka posted:

Mmm yep I did a lot of Raids with my friends. Raids are fun.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I loved that game until it became a very bad game

(eg I got stuck and frustrated :negative: )

I really ought to go back at it again tho, maybe I’ll have a new perspective on whatever puzzles messed me up

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pokemon playtime:
It took me about 40 hours to finish my first Sword playthrough just because I was having so much fun in the wild area and kept seeing new Pokemon to catch. When I moved on to Shield it took me 76 hours to beat the game and fill the Pokedex including importing Pokemon from the Sword playthrough and finding the 2% encounter rate Pokemon that only spawn in certain weather by manipulating system time (It didn't add anything to the playtime counter and acted like I was in sleep mode for a day.)

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

A Robot Named Fight and Slay the Spire are pretty much perfect switch games. Can’t remember the last time playing an indie pc game felt so natural on a console

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fun Times! posted:

Combo aside, yeah, there really are. I can't finish anything anymore without real willpower because the next games are already out before that can happen. Pokemon makes it really easy to just chill out instead of progressing the story, not that this is a bad thing.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Chronojam posted:

Combo aside, yeah, there really are. I can't finish anything anymore without real willpower because the next games are already out before that can happen. Pokemon makes it really easy to just chill out instead of progressing the story, not that this is a bad thing.
I've pretty much sworn off all games which take longer than a weekend to finish.

The sole exception is DQ11, because I can play that during lunch breaks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

My opinion of Killer Queen Black (every online multiplayer game ever) is starting to lessen after playing with randoms for a few hours. Not really the game’s fault though.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 24, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dehry posted:

Pokemon playtime:
It took me about 40 hours to finish my first Sword playthrough just because I was having so much fun in the wild area and kept seeing new Pokemon to catch. When I moved on to Shield it took me 76 hours to beat the game and fill the Pokedex including importing Pokemon from the Sword playthrough and finding the 2% encounter rate Pokemon that only spawn in certain weather by manipulating system time (It didn't add anything to the playtime counter and acted like I was in sleep mode for a day.)

That's a full time videogames schedule dude this came out two weeks ago

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Spanish Manlove posted:

That's a full time videogames schedule dude this came out two weeks ago

the switch is really bad for this and Pokémon is the worst yet. being able to play on the TV then take it to the laundry room and the kitchen means I kinda don't ever put it down when I'm home

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Bulgakov posted:

I loved that game until it became a very bad game

(eg I got stuck and frustrated :negative: )

I really ought to go back at it again tho, maybe I’ll have a new perspective on whatever puzzles messed me up

That's really the key to games like this, but especially Baba. I hit a brick wall and put it down for a couple weeks, then I pick it back up and I have no idea why I was struggling so hard.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

My opinion of Killer Queen Black (every online multiplayer game ever) is starting to lessen after playing with randoms for a few hours. Not really the game’s fault though.

I understand. Splatoon only works marginally better since you don't need communication (but goodness does it help), but KQB definitely can use some coordination to work. I should maybe make use of the voicechat, but I'll admit it intimidates me a bit.

Though when it works it works so well. I got a berry conveyor built going once and we just gelled so well. I'm not the best Queen, but I'm not too shabby either. Not really sure where to put my priorities when I play one though. As a worker I tend to go for berries, unless I feel the military is short-handed.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

That's really the key to games like this, but especially Baba. I hit a brick wall and put it down for a couple weeks, then I pick it back up and I have no idea why I was struggling so hard.

Yeah, and yet I keep loving up this one level in Rocket that I think my wrong solution is burned into my brain because I swear it almost seems right.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Some people love their Scorbunnies, yo.

https://twitter.com/Sky_Blue_Ninja/status/1195338766124122112

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

SardonicTyrant posted:

I've pretty much sworn off all games which take longer than a weekend to finish.

The sole exception is DQ11, because I can play that during lunch breaks.

The "Story So Far" intro when you pick DQ11 back up after a month should be mandatory for all RPGs going forward.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tayter Swift posted:

The "Story So Far" intro when you pick DQ11 back up after a month should be mandatory for all RPGs going forward.

Sometimes the Pokémon games have them and it always bugs me when newer ones don’t have it. Do the new games have that?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sometimes the Pokémon games have them and it always bugs me when newer ones don’t have it. Do the new games have that?

No but every time you transition between areas the loading screen is the world map saying where you're supposed to be going

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I am not good at Hollow Knight.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I had that happen a lot when I played the Ace Attorney games. Wondering what the gently caress kind of evidence I needed to present, not understanding the game's weird logic. If I had to resort to trial and error, what I did was just shut off the game for the day. I'd sleep on it, come back to it the next day and suddenly I could understand what the game wanted again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I finally got my mitts on an SN30 pro and it's super cute! That's probably not the usual way to refer to a controller but it's small and light and the SNES colours are punching me right in the nostalgia. It feels good having a proper Dpad for Tetris/Celeste/Hollow Knight (I have proper TV access now so I'm regularly docking it for the first time). Anyway it feels good but I wasn't expecting how different it is without HD rumble. The feedback from Tetris 99 is very subdued.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Waltzing Along posted:

I am not good at Hollow Knight.

Yet. Stick with it and don't worry if you lose your money.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hi, I have very little time for games and keeping up with releases.

What are some top-tier Nintendo exclusives I should look at for Black Friday / Cyber Monday?

I've got and loved:
Mega Man
Smash
BoTW
Links Awakening
Mario Odyssey 2
(Also Untitled Goose)

Don't think I'm interested in pokemon.

I generally like those adventure, relatively slow and easy games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Golf story

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Luigi's Mansion 3

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

where the heck is your Noire avatar

This cannot stand

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Mario Odyssey 2

:thunk:

Did you get that one from your uncle at Nintendo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Look at this chump who doesn't have eShop Diamond