Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I hate British people who overuse "sorted" for everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People who think weed isn't a drug or substance or whatever you want to call it.

I give 0 shits about people consuming whatever drugs they want, unless it's killing them, but if you smoke every loving day all day and are constantly either high or wanting to smoke then guess what you're an addict, and also very boring because I like doing things with friends besides smoking

TofuDiva posted:

This is interesting! Are there any papers or articles on it?

Not that I can currently link from work but it is totally a thing. To me it's pretty noticeable in people who don't have regional accents. Like I'm from the southwest living in the east and among generic-sounding people I can absolutely tell who's from here and who's from closer to home. Vocal fry, like, things?

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Nov 20, 2019

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Shibawanko posted:

I hate British people who overuse "sorted" for everything

You're gonna love this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzWthp8j4D4

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It's fine in this context and this time period but once every rube starts using it constantly I hate it. I just really hate cliched language, especially if it's common in advertising like "sorted" is now. Same reason I hate "is a thing" really.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have an engineer that ends instructions with "sounds good." It's not "sound good?," or "sounds good!," it's "soundsgood."

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
I had a teacher that ended two thirds of her sentences by tacking on the word "quick" and wouldn't believe that she was doing it until somebody recorded it.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

People who think weed isn't a drug or substance or whatever you want to call it.

This but with caffeine. Please don't try to surprise me by buying me a coffee! I have pills to deal with my one (1) morning coffee! I will have a panic attack if I have any more and no i can not just relax

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

Judging by what other people love to do you should call all animals whatever sex your animals at home are. If a person has a female dog they call most every dog a her by accident. Not that they should be doing that but it does seem to happen a lot. The dogs don't care, they're just happy to be included in the conversation.

I admit to doing this with cats - defaulting to "she" but both my cats are female.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

MightyJoe36 posted:

I admit to doing this with cats - defaulting to "she" but both my cats are female.
Hell, I call my cat a good puppy because I had only dogs for 40 years of my life and only had a cat for the last two. He doesn't care.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Andrast posted:

You hang out in some really weird communities

I'd like to know where these otherwise normal spaces online are.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This forum here is definitely one

Just a bunch of normies all chatting about normal things, online

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Documentary and news report titles that start with "Inside". gently caress off.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

When you get that pressure in your ear and your earbuds form a weird suction inside and stop sounding right

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

That's why I don't hold my farts

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
One of my ears is janked up and I probably only have 20% hearing in it, so every goddamn social situation I'm in ends up with a super quiet talker who wants to talk to me on my bad side, and the loudest conversation in the world happening on my good side so I cant hear poo poo. Also people get offended by me constantly asking them to repeat themselves but not enough to actually speak any louder or to actually acknowledge me saying "I CAN'T loving HEAR FROM THIS SIDE IF I WAS IGNORING YOU I WOULDNT ASK YOU TO REPEAT YOURSELF YOU SOCIAL BURDEN"

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

When people use stress as an excuse to treat people in their general vicinity like poo poo. Once you recognize it it's on you to calm the gently caress down or find a way to relieve the stress in a way that does not inconvenience people who have nothing to do with your problems. I have so far managed to do so without receiving a medal. You don't have to be superman, but there has got to be limits for how much of a douche you can be to strangers because you had a bad day.

Midig has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Nov 23, 2019

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Public Transport Victoria's useless app, and the screens at bus and tram stops. They just don't give accurate information. Or even consistent information. I don't know how or why, but somehow the app and the screen can give completely different departure times and then the tram or bus shows up at some other random time anyway. And the printed timetables are just some kind of optimistic hypothetical.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

People who clap their hands every time they laugh.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Shibawanko posted:

People who clap their hands every time they laugh.

Seals!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Seals never laugh

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Drives me nuts when people feel the need to be like "hahaha, you're just like Sam on lovely Netflix Show, you know what I mean???!". Can I just be me? Like I realize my personality isn't unique but that poo poo is embarrassing and annoying. Decouple your personal and professional relationships from the media you consume, please.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Somebody is slut shaming you pretty hard with that one.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Riatsala posted:

Drives me nuts when people feel the need to be like "hahaha, you're just like Sam on lovely Netflix Show, you know what I mean???!". Can I just be me? Like I realize my personality isn't unique but that poo poo is embarrassing and annoying. Decouple your personal and professional relationships from the media you consume, please.

People would constantly tell me I reminded them of Dwight from the Office, which honestly seems like an insult so I can't imagine how they thought I'd take it

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Brawnfire posted:

People would constantly tell me I reminded them of Dwight from the Office, which honestly seems like an insult so I can't imagine how they thought I'd take it

Could be worse; a couple people have told me I'm like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. I think it's mostly because I'm basically the only science nerd they've ever met and I know about astronomy and stuff, but it makes me think holy poo poo, you just laid a scathing insult on me with a smile on your face, what is wrong with you??

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Inspector 34 posted:

Somebody is slut shaming you pretty hard with that one.

Good loving luck with that; I've been sucking miles of dick since before "Sam" was even alive and I'll never not be proud

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I work nights at a jewish deli and I do not understand how people are still calling in here asking for subway poo poo

No we do not have a meatball sub. No we do not have a cheese steak. No we cannot toast our bread. Yes there is only the one kind of cheese.

Your dumb asses should be glad I still deliver past midnight instead of yelling at me for not having your specific sort of sandwich that we are not advertising and never claimed to make

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DontMockMySmock posted:

Could be worse; a couple people have told me I'm like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. I think it's mostly because I'm basically the only science nerd they've ever met and I know about astronomy and stuff, but it makes me think holy poo poo, you just laid a scathing insult on me with a smile on your face, what is wrong with you??

I've been told that I'm Raj, I have no idea what that means because I loving hate that show.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

I've been told that I'm Raj, I have no idea what that means because I loving hate that show.

Are you the wacky foreigner in your friend group? Do you lean into stereotypes of your ethnicity in a desperate bid to be accepted?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Are you the wacky foreigner in your friend group? Do you lean into stereotypes of your ethnicity in a desperate bid to be accepted?

Nope, I'm very white

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Iron Crowned posted:

Nope, I'm very white
wikipedia says raj is metrosexual and can't talk to women

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I just got a Mike Bloomberg 2020 ad while showing a coworker a music video on youtube

My peeve is Mike Bloomberg and ads and jesus gently caress all this. We are not your audience Mike, no one here was going to vote for you but your dumbass ad has made it worse go the gently caress away

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In middle school I got compared to Daria.

My name is Patrick and people would also bring up SNL’s It’s Pat! which I had never seen and had a suspicion they made up. I was scrawny and had straight blonde hair, nothing like the character. Still wasn’t great.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I just got a Mike Bloomberg 2020 ad while showing a coworker a music video on youtube

My peeve is Mike Bloomberg and ads and jesus gently caress all this. We are not your audience Mike, no one here was going to vote for you but your dumbass ad has made it worse go the gently caress away

During the last Australian election mining billionaire Clive Palmer and his political party United Australia Party carried out a media blitz. He bombarded the entire country with his ads in every medium. They were everywhere, you couldn't switch on a TV, read a paper, walk down a street or watch a youtube video without seeing one of his ads. He spent AU$60 million and didn't win a single seat.
I was blocking his ads every single day for a couple of months on youtube because every time you blocked one a new one would appear.
I loving hate Clive Palmer and put him last on my voting preferences which is quite an achievement when nazi Fraser Anning and racist Pauline Hanson were on the ballot too (They were the bottom 3 out of 40+ candidates).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I work nights at a jewish deli and I do not understand how people are still calling in here asking for subway poo poo

No we do not have a meatball sub. No we do not have a cheese steak. No we cannot toast our bread. Yes there is only the one kind of cheese.

Your dumb asses should be glad I still deliver past midnight instead of yelling at me for not having your specific sort of sandwich that we are not advertising and never claimed to make

It seems you could avoid all that and make shitloads of money by having meatball subs, cheese steaks and more cheeses.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

oldpainless posted:

It seems you could avoid all that and make shitloads of money by having meatball subs, cheese steaks and more cheeses.

except for buying all that stuff and the gear to prepare it and the real estate to put all that in for the minority of idiots that want toasted steak and cheddar or whatever bullshit, usually around midnight

more like olddeliless

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 02:36 on Nov 25, 2019

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF

Helith posted:

I loving hate Clive Palmer and put him last on my voting preferences which is quite an achievement when Islamophobic garbage fire Fraser Anning and Queen of the Turbo-Racists Pauline Hanson were on the ballot too (They were the bottom 3 out of 40+ candidates).

Fixed that for you. Seriously, WTF is it with Australia and having the absolute worst shithead racist politicians?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

ZakAce posted:

Seriously...Australia...shithead, racist...

There you go!

I also feel, as an Australian, that idiocy is often under played as a national characteristic.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Elissimpark posted:

as an Australian

I'm sorry

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
edgar is that episode where bobby gets gout accurate? Can you give me gout within the next few days? Kind of want to get out of an engagement so if you can hook me up with something that will make my toe be in unbearable pain, i'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

edgar is that episode where bobby gets gout accurate? Can you give me gout within the next few days? Kind of want to get out of an engagement so if you can hook me up with something that will make my toe be in unbearable pain, i'd appreciate it.

yes give me three days