Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

SirPablo posted:

Discussing the rich has no place in this NFL thread.

Let’s all agree they should be killed and move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Heading to the Bears game tomorrow and I gotta say that being able to boo Trubisky live is probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most. Well, that and the Butkus bobblehead I'm hoping to get.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't bring myself to watch mitch get outplayed by daniel loving jones

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

quote:

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (right hip pointer) practiced without restrictions for the third consecutive day on Friday and will start against the New York Giants on Sunday at Soldier Field.

Trubisky was not given an injury designation on the Bears' final report.

Bears coach Matt Nagy said Friday he was "a little bit" surprised that Trubisky made such a quick recovery,

Oh come on lol

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Hand Row posted:

Giant privately owned companies have the best corporate stories, Menards included. I’ve heard one of his favorite moves is throwing his wallet on top of tables for the pettiest poo poo and saying just take my money! And it is for like someone bought pens for their department.

Dude is like top 50 wealthiest person in the country and he can’t buy pens and dumps chemicals in wetlands.

I worked for Midwest Manufacturing (Menards subsidiary, makes trusses and doors and stuff for Menards) for a summer in college and everyone got trinkets and a party and stuff for every cumulative X hours without a "safety incident". The counter got reset if someone went to the doctor/hospital as a result of getting injured so I saw so many bad/horrific injuries where people refused to go to the doctor because they didn't want to be the one to reset the safety hours counter.

On my last day there as i was driving in a helicopter flew in to transport a guy that had a stuck of trusses fall into him.

It was an awful job. Awful.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh come on lol

I mean this line of thinking assumes that Nagy benched Trubs, as opposed to the far more likely scenario that the universe made Trubs feel pain in order to take him out of the game as an act of pity for bears fans. It then healed Trubs because lol the universe actually hates bears fans, just not as much as it hates the lions.

All of this makes sense, and bears fans should believe it!

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Matthew Stafford is literally unable to play for the Detroit Lions in 2019 because he has a broken back.

That's the most Lions thing.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Hizawk posted:

Matthew Stafford is literally unable to play for the Detroit Lions in 2019 because he has a broken back.

I mean, it's hard to carry a whole football team

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

sponges posted:

Let’s all agree they should be killed and move on

i cannot bring myself to endorse the death penalty

let us rather say that the rich should be placed in a special type of very remote prison

Solice Kirsk posted:

Heading to the Bears game tomorrow and I gotta say that being able to boo Trubisky live is probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most. Well, that and the Butkus bobblehead I'm hoping to get.

Perhaps the Bears should Move mitch trubisky to his Natural position, wide receiver

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Nov 24, 2019

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh come on lol

Look his footwork was awful and that can't be explained in any way besides him having a hip injury and it's weird he got better so fast but you never know, he might ding it up again come game time and we need to play him next season since he was clearly hurt all this year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I dunno I generally believe he was nursing extremely tight hips

Mitch has looked significantly worse in games than he did in that one and they left him in.

If he were a higher tier of QB he's probably left in, but Mitch without any of his mobility is extremely dire.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

Look his footwork was awful and that can't be explained in any way besides him having a hip injury and it's weird he got better so fast but you never know, he might ding it up again come game time and we need to play him next season since he was clearly hurt all this year

The simplest answer is Trub (or the Bears) found someone to get him old-school amounts of painkillers, cortisone, etc They are being vague because that's frowned upon nowadays given the pain-pill player lawsuit.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 24, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So are we doing a coin toss on this here 9'ers game or what?

e: my wife works in a largish corp here in GB. They support Packer Friday dress and yadda yadda. A guy who was wearing a Packers jersey just ranting about how much he hates San Fran. My wife, being a Canadian transplant, who doesn't exactly get NFL rivalries told me and I said, we've had some great games with SF, but I wouldn't consider them 'rivals', really, but this should be a good game!,

Turns out this dude is from Dallas and moved to GB for the job, and got into the Packers as a "Yea sure" thing, and is now like going gangbusters that the Pack beat SF.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 24, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hizawk posted:

THEY'RE ONLY TINY FRACTURES!!!

Fenrir posted:

I mean, it's hard to carry a whole football team

:hmmyes:

Big Beef City posted:

Turns out this dude is from Dallas and moved to GB for the job, and got into the Packers as a "Yea sure" thing, and is now like going gangbusters that the Pack beat SF.

Converts make the best zealots.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Big Beef City posted:

So are we doing a coin toss on this here 9'ers game or what?

e: my wife works in a largish corp here in GB. They support Packer Friday dress and yadda yadda. A guy who was wearing a Packers jersey just ranting about how much he hates San Fran. My wife, being a Canadian transplant, who doesn't exactly get NFL rivalries told me and I said, we've had some great games with SF, but I wouldn't consider them 'rivals', really, but this should be a good game!,

Packers owned the 9ers in the 90's playoffs except for that game where Rice fumbled and T.O. caught that pass at the last moment to win. Kaep destroyed the Packers in the regular season and playoffs in 2012 and 2013. Jim Harbaugh was a huge sideline drama queen and was generally annoying. I'm pretty ambivalent about the 49ers.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Mitch with a completion in the end zone!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

:cripes:

Holy poo poo what an embarrassing clusterfuck. Instead of just kicking a quick extra point we:

- burned a time-out trying to set up the 2-pt conversion
- got a penalty to be assessed after the kickoff
- missed the extra point anyway

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Bears. At least we’re not as bad as the Lions.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Change Matt Patricia's seat to:

The surface of the sun

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
hell yes

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Pee pee
Doo doo
The Lions are pee pee and doo doo

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bird in a Blender posted:

The Bears. At least we’re not as bad as the Lions.

Looking forward to that stellar Thanksgiving matchup

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
There's a part of me that is actually glad the Lions lost because maybe it will mean Patricia will actually get fired.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Mitch put up season high yardage against a bottom of the league defense and of course threw multiple ints to try to do so

Amazing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Looking forward to that stellar Thanksgiving matchup

There's a non-zero chance we just don't watch it when I'm at my parents' place this week. I'm certainly going to see if I can talk them out of it.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Even when putting up decent yardage Trubs looks like hot dog poo poo. I hate watching this offense. It makes my eyes sad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This just proves that Matt Stafford is the greatest Lions player in history.

Also, fire Patricia. In mid-flight.

Out of the airplane hatch.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Thanksgiving is going to be a competition between the stoppable force and the movable object

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh Trubs actually looked fine today

The first int was bad the second one it looked like he got hit as he threw as Wims was 1v1 with inside leverage on the corner

He has a whoooooole bunch of hit recievers in the hands and them drop it today tho.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when Jim Caldwell was fired because 9-7 wasn't good enough?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Fat Matt is locker room diabetes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SirPablo posted:

Fat Matt is locker room diabetes

Martha needs to stock up on insulin for the whole team.

Put Matt Patricia into a fartbox.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Gonna try a new rule next season where I don't pay attention to the Lions until they surpass their win total from the prior season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears can't run the ball at all

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It's kind of stunning just how quickly the Lions went from "This team was a fourth-down stop and a phantom penalty from being 4-0-1!!" to "This team was a fourth-down stop and a phantom penalty from being 4-0-1??"

Oh well, nothing to do now but hope Patricia gets fired. And I can still do the Marvin Hall Update! 1 catch for a measly 21 yards! And what's this?
https://twitter.com/mikerothstein/status/1198722805455560705
ah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears suck and their games are abysmal to watch, but at least we got one game to remember how much mack loving owns.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Packers getting blown out is my jam. If Vikings pull a miracle and win against Seattle, things are looking great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

tinstaach posted:

It's kind of stunning just how quickly the Lions went from "This team was a fourth-down stop and a phantom penalty from being 4-0-1!!" to "This team was a fourth-down stop and a phantom penalty from being 4-0-1??"

Oh well, nothing to do now but hope Patricia gets fired. And I can still do the Marvin Hall Update! 1 catch for a measly 21 yards! And what's this?
https://twitter.com/mikerothstein/status/1198722805455560705
ah

I dunno if it's like Gonz said and those losses broke the team or if luck and Stafford was just masking how awful they are.

Probably both. But mostly the latter. And lmao at the Packers.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
packers are not a good team, theyve just been a healthy team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Packers are 2nd-tier team in a league full of 3rd-tier teams. And very few 1st-tier teams.