Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

So the Packers are probably gonna coast to getting blown out in the wild card round, but for the rest of it's reaching abandon ship time. Which bandwagons are you guys planning to jump on?

I guess I might have to amend this to both the Vikings and Packers getting blown out in the wild card round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Cousins > Rodgers

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SirPablo posted:

Cousins > Rodgers

cant argue with stats

or the eye test

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Still down for bandwagoning the Ravens once the Packers make an inevitable early playoff exit.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
What amazes me is that there are still people who think Patricia needs another year. Why? What has this man shown you that gives you hope? What metrics has he improved? What indications are there that indicate he's capable of self-reflection and improvement?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears can't run the ball at all

It's entirely on Nagy and it's insane that trubs is so bad no one cares that John fox would be winning this division with the defense and Jordan Howard

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Cousins sucks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What amazes me is that there are still people who think Patricia needs another year. Why? What has this man shown you that gives you hope? What metrics has he improved? What indications are there that indicate he's capable of self-reflection and improvement?

He's gonna use the injury to Stafford to stave it off for another year and it's bullshit.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Minnesota is winning this division because they're only dropping a game to seattle, then winning out. Green bay isn't beating chicago and detroit and certainly not minnesota. I look forward to the annual bouncing out of the wild card/divisional.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

BGrifter posted:

Still down for bandwagoning the Ravens once the Packers make an inevitable early playoff exit.

I started that poo poo week 1

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
49ers putting on a clinic against the Packers right now.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
if anyone talks bad about the packers im gonna be so mad............

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That was...ah... Embarrassing

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Instead of watching the game I watched a Nova episode about bridge collapses. Definitely saw less disaster this way.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

it is time for the packers to peacefully bench the bedraggled aron rodgers and turn the franchise over to the qb of the future, tim boyle

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Instead of watching the game I watched a Nova episode about bridge collapses. Definitely saw less disaster this way.

Did it cover that one horrific bridge collapse in Oakland a couple decades ago where a double decker imploded onto itself?

Aha, found it, this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypress_Street_Viaduct#Loma_Prieta_earthquake

I still remember the episode we watched in class when I was a kid on that one

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Top Hats Monthly posted:

if anyone talks bad about the packers im gonna be so mad............

they suck rear end!!!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Rodgers was poo poo today for the most part, though. Hung on to the ball way too long, was missing stuff he usually hit. Though I'm not sure if any other QB does better with the garbage o-line and 3rd-tier receivers we have.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Abugadu posted:

Rodgers was poo poo today for the most part, though. Hung on to the ball way too long, was missing stuff he usually hit. Though I'm not sure if any other QB does better with the garbage o-line and 3rd-tier receivers we have.

Wouldn't be surprised if him getting hit a hundred times had something to do with that

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Looking over the stat sheet Rodgers became noticeably worse the moment Adams got healthy and began playing again. Aaron Jones has also vanished entirely from the passing offense.

Starting to think a receiving corps of MVS Allison Kumerow Graham Lewis isn't exactly inspiring :hmmyes:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Packers know they got my Vikings on lock. All I gotta say about that game.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looking over the stat sheet Rodgers became noticeably worse the moment Adams got healthy and began playing again. Aaron Jones has also vanished entirely from the passing offense.

Starting to think a receiving corps of MVS Allison Kumerow Graham Lewis isn't exactly inspiring :hmmyes:

i wanted them to take a WR or TE early last draft

should be more doable this year since there aren't a lot of specific holes w/r/t defensive personnel other than MLB

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PupsOfWar posted:

i wanted them to take a WR or TE early last draft

should be more doable this year since there aren't a lot of specific holes w/r/t defensive personnel other than MLB

2020 draft should be really easy, it's just WR MLB TE (in that order) since almost all the other positions are covered. Maybe RT

edit: Hello Lions fans, but 6 months later I still kinda feel like the Lions should've taken Gary and the Packers taken Hockenson, these two picks would've been a better fit for the other team than the team that drafted them IMO

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Rodgers gets punch-drunk after a few hits. If he gets sacked, like, 3 times early - he's going to be off for the rest of the game, I think.

Sucks, he's getting older, but still better than 90% of what's out there.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
This lafleur postgame interview is really bad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PneumonicBook posted:

This lafleur postgame interview is really bad.

Details? I'm not able to watch

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Redskins are a bad team, but I think Bo Scarborough should have a Lions roster spot going forward.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

Details? I'm not able to watch

Lots of talk about penalties and not a lot about the lack of offensive production or the absolute lack of a game plan after a bye week.

Take this with a grain of salt, I'm drowning my tears in vodka atm.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i genuinely dont understand why so many lions fans are defending jeff driskel and at this point after two fourth quarter interceptions he's still getting defenders so. thats great. you love to see it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

edit: Hello Lions fans, but 6 months later I still kinda feel like the Lions should've taken Gary and the Packers taken Hockenson, these two picks would've been a better fit for the other team than the team that drafted them IMO

I mean, we sure as poo poo need the help at LB but I like Hockenson a lot so far.

rabidsquid posted:

i genuinely dont understand why so many lions fans are defending jeff driskel and at this point after two fourth quarter interceptions he's still getting defenders so. thats great. you love to see it.

I wrote him off when he threw while like three yards past the LOS on the last play of the game against the Bears.

But I mean. It doesn't make a difference. Even if Stafford was healthy, the defense would hold this team back way too much. Driskell sucks rear end, but he's not the problem.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nah he's definitely not the problem but i don't understand what is going on that the fans think he's the backup of the future. i know kaepernick was never going to happen but it mildly frustrates me to see so many fans explain how they shouldn't have pursued him because he "doesn't fit the offense" with the same people praising driskels running abilities outside the other end of their mouth.

this team is frustrating and the fan experience with regard to the lovely backup quarterback is just too much for me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well, there y'go. They're desperate for the team to not need Kaep, so they're trying to pretend Driskell is totally fine.

At one point I was heavily in favor of the Lions signing Kaep but gently caress it, don't risk him dragging them to any wins, just let them piss down their leg the rest of the season and hope it gets Quinn and Patricia shot into the pit.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Are there any good head coach candidates likely looking for a contract this year?

I mean, I am assuming Rapist Matt still has a job after the season but I can live in hope

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Both Packers and Cowboys exposed as frauds in big games, a truly great day for America.

In other news Trubisky solidifying his place as a franchise QB by pulling out another win, throwing deep bombs to DBs and silencing his critics in a gritty win against a tenacious Giants team that was hungry for their 3rd win of the season.

Lions continue to show they are building a new culture under Patricia, as the defensive guru orchestrates a close game holding Saints legend Adrian Peterson to just 27yd rushing. Despite backup QB having his best completion rate this season, Lions couldn't pull out the win in a tough road game as the Redskins get their 2nd win of the season.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
god I hope this is true

https://twitter.com/LionsMemes/status/1198805922954526725?s=20

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
save big money with the packers defense

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Save big money with brain-exploding pathogens. The Menard's guy is in this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzRoVxuhJVU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hacksaw Martha Ford rides again.

E: I want to say that Mayhew et al. got the boot mid-season but I'm not 100% sure of that.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 25, 2019

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i would like a new coaching staff but i would not like paul pasqualoni or darrel bevell being the interim head coach because there's a non zero chance they would get to keep the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Keep Bevell and anybody under him on offense that he wants. Fire e'ry body else. But season is over, might as well ride it out.

And yes Martha Ford fired the president and GM midseason after a 1-7 start in 2015, the season after they almost won a playoff game.