Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WWE's commentary is so bad that complete silence would benefit the product more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

WWE should just run a sampler board in their announcer’s booth. Less casualties.

Guest commentator DJ Premier

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

coconono posted:

WWE should just run a sampler board in their announcer’s booth. Less casualties.

I mean, it worked great for VGCW

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

coconono posted:

Looks like he's putting those educates feet to good use!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Whatawhatwhatwhatwhatamanooooover

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oh! Collusion!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Doing an announce table spot now takes like five minutes because Vince is not paying for a second MPC

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Smart. Sexy. Powerful. The WWE Divas.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1198604971668672512?s=19

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Woke TJP on the replies doing a TJP.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/frankshamrock/status/1198673278367346688

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I do love how protective Mauro's MMA friends are of him. I'm not saying he's safe from criticism or anything, but I'd love to see Corey Graves mouth off to Bas Rutten about him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think it would be cool if Bas Rutten just beat up Corey Graves, mouthing off about Mauro Renallo or not

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I wish I could hire Bas Rutten to beat up all assholes

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1198764547823169536

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
This loving company.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I take back my criticism of Mauro and invite Cory Graves to come get his rear end beat

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'll even take Punk beating up his non-union Pennsylvanian equivalent.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I don't take back my criticism of Mauro but still hope Corey gets at the very least a stern staring at from Bas

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Corey loving sucks and shouldn’t be taking shots at other commentators ESPECIALLY if he works with them

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

gently caress corey graves and his lovely tattoos

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I too would enjoy Bas Rutten, Frank Schamrock and Josh Barnett beating the poo poo of Corey Graves sequentially

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
i hope corey graves gets several more concussions and loses the ability to speak

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I Before E posted:

I don't take back my criticism of Mauro but still hope Corey gets at the very least a stern staring at from Bas

Mauro was particularly grating last night but yeah he doesn’t deserve to be treated like poo poo by some rear end in a top hat with a passive aggressive tweet. If Graves has an issue he should talk to him personally about it. What a loving dick head.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

All this right after daddy Paul explained what the real Men in the fed do when they have issues

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Corey Graves, to the surprise of no one, is still a total piece of poo poo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I don't hang a bad commentary performance on basically anybody in WWE given how they micromanage literally everything that comes out of their mouths. I will hang being a big dumb piece of poo poo on Corey though cause he's a gross lovely person.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I like Mauro, but the problem with WWE style is they are focused on the three-person team, and expecting him to "hold the show together"

The three person team, which used to be the play-by-play then heelish color has become three people groups, and I like people like Nigel on commentary with Mauro, but you need everybody to bring something.

Michael Cole is the voice of vince, but in this ultra dorky style, that is just obnoxious and hasn't gotten better in nearly 20 years

Corey Graves thinks he is the next Jesse Ventura, and you gave him this big backstory about his wrestling career ended and doing commentary now, and he hasn't improved - he's become a Seth Rollins of the announcing world, and when there are glimpses of him trying to do "storytelling" it more or less becomes "shut up byron"

I can say with confidence, Mauro doesn't need the WWE, he is credible on MMA and Boxing.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

i think it would be cool if Bas Rutten just beat up Corey Graves, mouthing off about Mauro Renallo or not

i'd pay an obscene amount of money for this

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Alaois posted:

*in an extremely Bas Rutten voice*

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Corey Graves thinks he is the next Jesse Ventura, and you gave him this big backstory about his wrestling career ended and doing commentary now, and he hasn't improved - he's become a Seth Rollins of the announcing world, and when there are glimpses of him trying to do "storytelling" it more or less becomes "shut up byron"

I can say with confidence, Mauro doesn't need the WWE, he is credible on MMA and Boxing.

I think Corey has gotten worse.

Mauro doesn’t need WWE, but he likes being a commentary machine. I love when they put the Mauro cam online of him jumping out of his seat and marking out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Corey thinks he’s insulated from the bullshit. Getting implicated in a dude’s mental breakdown is another screw turned against WWE. Mauro’s not a dude to screw with outside of the WWE bubble. Not saying he’s got ninjas on speed dial but the dude’s been through the TV industry and people like Mauro. Corey’s a shitbird.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Uh, maybe I'm just super dense or something but can someone explain what the insult in Corey's tweet is? What is he referring to? Why did that tweet cause Mauro to not be on commentary?

I'm not saying it isn't lovely or whatever, I just don't understand

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

He's suggesting Mauro stomps all over his co-commentators, which is a supremely lovely thing to air out on social media about a co-worker, much less one who is very open about his mental health and self-esteem issues

like yeah, WWE is the sort of work environment where you can probably get away with bullying your peers but Mauro is also pretty strongly respected and loved by actual combat sports athletes, who would be more than happy to bully Graves right back

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ohhhh right, that makes sense, thanks! I don't know who the announcers are nowadays and kind of thought Ranallo would've been in ROH at some point so I kind of thought there being a ROH announcer was referring to him (appears he's actually never been there) :downs:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Nigel McGuinness is a NXT commentator now, as is Beth Phoenix.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Corey wishes he was still with Mauro, so he’d have less time to make an rear end out of himself. They worked pretty good together in NXT because Mauro could cover the play by play, and Graves would just put over the heels.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Somebody was good in NXT and turned poo poo when they hit the main roster?? Hmm.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Neodoomium posted:

Nigel McGuinness is a NXT commentator now, as is Beth Phoenix.

Beth is also the most forgettable commentator I’ve ever heard. Unless you just love for people to go Ohhhhh for every comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Lmao just realized I totally missed Graves said ROH champion in his tweet. For the record, I didn't think Ranallo has been ROH champion :sweatdrop:

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 25, 2019