Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Marxalot posted:

Hi pubbie discord.

marxalot let me in to the warm, sweaty embrace of goondom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Also, pubbie discord, perhaps you would be better served by your wasted :10bux: for top secret intel on your arch enemies GOONS by ya know, cruising the forums for a bit, check out coupons and deals (the best subforum) or pop into the anime quarantine zone down in ADTRW and talk with the weebs we keep in there.

C-SPAM is full of current political discussion, both liberal and conservative, we keep it there to keep it from spilling into the rest of the forums where it would contaminate other threads of people who don't give a poo poo about politics. SAS is a great place to argue about how your Cityname Sportsteam is better than someone else's Cityname Sportsteam.

There's a hell of a lot more subforums than that depending on your particular interest, but this website evolved before Reddit was a thing that existed, so it covers a quite wide variety of topics.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 22, 2019

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Ok ive applied to join goons.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Posting as ordered

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
Posting as requested with my stupid bear pun nation.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

reporting in

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Speaking purely hypothetically, please make sure you only have one account. It could jeopardize the alliance if you try and join with a multi account. Especially if it's after your first account got banned, for example.

Captain Splendid fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 23, 2019

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Just curious, what is the :goonsay: on City Projects?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Always build Iron Dome first.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Build your first project as soon as you reach 5k infra (after your tenth city there is a 10 day cooldown between being able to build cities and projects)

Then build a Propaganda Bureau

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

The man called M posted:

They come into play later on. I think cost/benefit pegs them around c15 iirc.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Posting in the thread as requested, looking forward to fash tears

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

This Blutarch Mann dude told me to post here.

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014
Just started, seems pretty fun. The application process on discord is pretty easy too, definitely play with goons

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Always goon

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

yo

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Blutarch Mann told me to post here.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The man called M posted:

Also, ask this sort of stuff in the Discord.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The man called M posted:

Iron Dome is great because when it works it eliminates a missile and sixteen hours worth of MAPs. It also makes your opponents think twice about spamming missiles at you when they're losing.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I think we've been telling people to get Propaganda Bureau as their first project, since at 5 cities you're not seeing many missiles anyway.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the j4g and subsequent redemption have both warmed my heart and led me to finally move towards my dream of drinking pubbie tears.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Blutarch Mann told me to post in the thread so I can start drinking pubbie tears. Do forgive my nation having names of bad food puns though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Is afgoonistan taken yet?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Carth Dookie posted:

Is afgoonistan taken yet?

Probably, but I'm pretty sure nobody's taken burkina fatso.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Sardonik posted:

Probably, but I'm pretty sure nobody's taken burkina fatso.

Yoink.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

So I made this dumb nation: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=186332, applied to the alliance, and joined the discord. Well before I could do anything I got authorized to see a shitload of channels and nowhere in the process did I see a way to say who I am here or whatever.

So yeah if you see this dumb applicant: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=186332 it's me.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Have you joined any other goon discords before? I think we recently switched to a shared auth bot so it would've recognised you if you went through the process on another server.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Ephphatha posted:

Have you joined any other goon discords before? I think we recently switched to a shared auth bot so it would've recognised you if you went through the process on another server.

Yeah there's the "main" games channel I'm on. That must be it.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
My discord channel disappeared. When I clicked on the discord in OP, it sent me to the registration bot. I don't want to apply twice and gum up the works. Or is that what I need to do?

E:. When I registered the first time, the bot got me all the way to my six digit ID, then the process just...ended.

Evil SpongeBob fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 25, 2019

stfu salad
Feb 28, 2005

"I created the universe, the automobile, and even your father's narrow urethra!"
Posting for discord authentication as well as asking for just $0.25 dongs a day to feed the children.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Ephphatha posted:

Yeah, we use GDN now, if you have used other goon discords it recognizes you.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Worth noting, some of our members recently got some Nazis in trouble for having swastikas and Nazi propaganda on their nation pages, and apparently the pubbies REALLY DON'T LIKE THAT.

So now, they've resorted to scouring all goon nations, looking for any tiny infractions they can to report us(drug references, curse words, overly descriptive references to fash bashing).

They're mostly reaching really hard in their reports, but that said, to anyone new joining, err on the side of caution when naming your nation and adding descriptions.

When I doubt, just ask yourself, 'Would a :decorum: centrist moderator say "well, technically" about this?"

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Drug references? Are you for real? Your nation's fact book, your nation's policies, all have multiple drug related questions. Or does it not count as referencing drugs if your fact book proudly proclaims that 78% of your citizens are using weed and 69% are taking hard drugs?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
i would just like to proclaim that Durmij kicks all kinds of rear end

hi methrage

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Libluini posted:

Drug references? Are you for real? Your nation's fact book, your nation's policies, all have multiple drug related questions. Or does it not count as referencing drugs if your fact book proudly proclaims that 78% of your citizens are using weed and 69% are taking hard drugs?

That's what they reported, not necessarily what the admin agreed with. Luckily it appears he just cleared out the recent reports and pretty much shot them all down. Just noting that we should be careful, as the pubbies are taking a fine tooth comb to our guys out of frustration, and hoping something sticks.

That said, of all the frivolous reports, one did actually stick. A goon had their nation named "Glorious Rainbow Orgy", and received a strike for it. So if anything avoid making sexual references on your nation page, no matter how benign, as there seems to be a hardline stance on that.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I love that pubbies are taking all this time to look at this poo poo.
I think i've looked at no one's nation page.. including my own.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I, in the other hand, am vain as gently caress and I spent last Friday writing a couple pages of background lore for my dumb nation, so obviously I am very happy those weirdos spend so much time reading my poo poo!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I've been reported four times for my nation anthem. Each time Alex has shot it down then deleted the thread.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

tater_salad posted:

I love that pubbies are taking all this time to look at this poo poo.
I think i've looked at no one's nation page.. including my own.

How do you deal with wars then ? You have a dartboard setup or let your cat loose on your laptop ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I've been reported four times for my nation anthem. Each time Alex has shot it down then deleted the thread.
Well, post it.